Author Topic: VIDEO: Man Tries Shooting Cop, Loses Gunfight After Accidentally Ejecting Ammo  (Read 786 times)

rangerrebew

VIDEO: Man Tries Shooting Cop, Loses Gunfight After Accidentally Ejecting Ammo

by
Sandy Malone

New Orleans police officers shot 25-year-old Austin Bentel multiple times after he drew a gun and rushed at an officer.

New Orleans, LA – The New Orleans Police Department on Tuesday released surveillance and bodycam video of a man shot by officers after he raised a gun and rushed at a police car (video below).

The incident occurred at about 7:26 a.m. on Jan. 25 when New Orleans police officers responded to a call about an intoxicated man who was waving a gun around and pointing it at people in the area of Bourbon and St. Louis Streets, The Times-Picayune reported.

Surveillance video showed an obviously-inebriated 25-year-old Austin Bentel jumping up and down screaming at someone outside the camera’s view.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/video-man-tries-shooting-cop-loses-gunfight-after-accidentally-ejecting-ammo-WKmnbUSL0U2bFkz3Krq4eg

Online goatprairie

What is this guy made out of? He was shot numerous times, including one in the face, and he's still living.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:59:43 pm by goatprairie »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Unless he had no shell in the chamber, he must have gotten one off.

But it wasn't enough/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unless he had no shell in the chamber, he must have gotten one off.

But it wasn't enough/
Apparently he had one in the chamber, but he racked the slide and ejected it. No magazine.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't ya just HATE it when that happens?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Apparently he had one in the chamber, but he racked the slide and ejected it. No magazine.

@Smokin Joe

Nope! Most semi-autos have a trigger-disconnect built into the grip that keeps the gun from firing unless a magazine is in place.

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Nope! Most semi-autos have a trigger-disconnect built into the grip that keeps the gun from firing unless a magazine is in place.
Most new ones, but not all. There was a comment there was no magazine in the well. You heard the repeated clicks as that fool tried to fire the weapon (recorded on the dash cam).

That means it was a DA/SA or DAO pistol without a magazine safety. The Russian Makarov would be just one such, and cheap (or at least they used to be).
Check out the discussion on
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=204874

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Well, whatever happened, it looks like Mr. Bentel won't be trying to shoot police officers anytime soon.  Score one for the good guys. 

Online Smokin Joe

Well, whatever happened, it looks like Mr. Bentel won't be trying to shoot police officers anytime soon.  Score one for the good guys.
Nope, but despite his stupidity, he lived.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Most new ones, but not all. There was a comment there was no magazine in the well. You heard the repeated clicks as that fool tried to fire the weapon (recorded on the dash cam).

That means it was a DA/SA or DAO pistol without a magazine safety. The Russian Makarov would be just one such, and cheap (or at least they used to be).
Check out the discussion on
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=204874

@Smokin Joe

Hmmm,I have a never-fired Mak laying around somewhere. I am going to have to find it and check this out. Bought it when they were so cheap it was impossible to NOT buy it. I had a FFL back then,which made it even cheaper.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nope, but despite his stupidity, he lived.

@Smokin Joe

Which means when he gets out he goes on SS disability,food stamps,and public housing. The SOB is retired with a monthly income.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Another video that shows that women police officers are completely useless when SHTF...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline darroll

What a genius.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Another video that shows that women police officers are completely useless when SHTF...

@Sighlass

The typical man is no better in their first firefight. Right up to the moment you hear a bullet popping past your ear,being in a gunfight is sort of a theoretical thing. You know it CAN happen,but don't really believe it ever will.

The US Army did a study around the time of the Korean War ended that discovered out of ten typical soldiers,3 would never shoot their weapon at all,4 would shoot in the general direction of the enemy without aiming,and only 3 would purposely take aim and purposely kill an enemy soldier.

Regardless of what anybody thinks,you don't know which group you will fall into until it happens. It's not always the "macho man" that steps up to the line and becomes an instant "Rambo". Or even the guy that THINKS he is a stone-cold killer and is aggressive with everyone. I had a friend in the army that I knew for a couple of years and had never even heard his raise his voice or argue with anyone. Quiet,mostly kept to himself unless invited to come along,and always polite. Worked as a clerk in a communications center. That was his army job. To give you some idea of his family background,his first name was "Stanley" and he was from some rural part of Ohio.

He happened to be working in the com center at Nha Trang as a E-4 communications clerk the day Tet 68 began,and when the NVA blew the gate and poured into the compound, Stanley picked up a rifle and went to war. When the day ended he had a couple of minor wounds,and was being written up for a Silver Star,which he received a month or so later.

The next time I saw Stanley he was a E-6 Staff Sgt and instructor at the SF Recon School outside of Saigon,and one of the most self-confident men I have ever seen. SF career officers and senior NCO's were walking past him giving him high-5's and smiling at him

There really ain't no way of telling until the bell rings.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 07:59:47 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
What an idiot - anyone who's ever watched an Antonio Banderas movie knows that you have to hold the gun sideways for it to work right and aim effectively!
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Hoodat

NO cops didn't hesitate to draw and fire repeatedly on the run with zero regard for anyone else in the line of fire.  I remember an incident inside MSY airport where a cop was shooting at a suspect wielding a machete and accidentally shot another cop.  (The man with the machete was DRT)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Hmmm,I have a never-fired Mak laying around somewhere. I am going to have to find it and check this out. Bought it when they were so cheap it was impossible to NOT buy it. I had a FFL back then,which made it even cheaper.
Yeah, they were cheap and times were tough, and I bought one for a ccw. Pretty light load in the 9X18, though. Then got a Colt Double Eagle, which unfortunately, was an unfired custom shop gun with a S/N in three digits all the tags and the combination hadn't even been set on the case (IOW, a collector piece...I horsetraded that for an M1A because I couldn't bring myself to shoot it and depreciate it).
Back to a .45 in the holster, though, a DA/SA (decocker--no safety) A-75 Astra. I like that one, and with a few gentle touches, 1911 Mags will work just fine in it.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Sighlass

The typical man is no better in their first firefight. Right up to the moment you hear a bullet popping past your ear,being in a gunfight is sort of a theoretical thing. You know it CAN happen,but don't really believe it ever will.

The US Army did a study around the time of the Korean War ended that discovered out of ten typical soldiers,3 would never shoot their weapon at all,4 would shoot in the general direction of the enemy without aiming,and only 3 would purposely take aim and purposely kill an enemy soldier.

Regardless of what anybody thinks,you don't know which group you will fall into until it happens. It's not always the "macho man" that steps up to the line and becomes an instant "Rambo". Or even the guy that THINKS he is a stone-cold killer and is aggressive with everyone. I had a friend in the army that I knew for a couple of years and had never even heard his raise his voice or argue with anyone. Quiet,mostly kept to himself unless invited to come along,and always polite. Worked as a clerk in a communications center. That was his army job. To give you some idea of his family background,his first name was "Stanley" and he was from some rural part of Ohio.

He happened to be working in the com center at Nha Trang as a E-4 communications clerk the day Tet 68 began,and when the NVA blew the gate and poured into the compound, Stanley picked up a rifle and went to war. When the day ended he had a couple of minor wounds,and was being written up for a Silver Star,which he received a month or so later.

The next time I saw Stanley he was a E-6 Staff Sgt and instructor at the SF Recon School outside of Saigon,and one of the most self-confident men I have ever seen. SF career officers and senior NCO's were walking past him giving him high-5's and smiling at him

There really ain't no way of telling until the bell rings.

One little addendum to that @@sneakypete

Just because Sgt. Joe did X the last time the SHTF does not mean Sgt. Joe will do X again the next time.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:22:12 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah, they were cheap and times were tough, and I bought one for a ccw. Pretty light load in the 9X18, though. Then got a Colt Double Eagle, which unfortunately, was an unfired custom shop gun with a S/N in three digits all the tags and the combination hadn't even been set on the case (IOW, a collector piece...I horsetraded that for an M1A because I couldn't bring myself to shoot it and depreciate it).
Back to a .45 in the holster, though, a DA/SA (decocker--no safety) A-75 Astra. I like that one, and with a few gentle touches, 1911 Mags will work just fine in it.

@Smokin Joe

My 1911 A1's are my favorite handguns. I have one I built up for myself to shoot such stout loads GI ball won't even cycle the slide,and it will put a magazine full of 200 gr wadcutters in a tight cluster. This one is on a Combat Commander,and my favorite "go to the city" carry gun.

I have another that is a full-sized 1911A1 custom shop gun from somewhere that I bought from a pawn shop at the "right" price. Has all the bells and whistles,and the best way to hit something with it is to throw the gun. Never got around to replacing the barrel and bushing,so it just sits.  I don't really shoot enough anymore to justify redoing it.

The other is a dead stock GI issue piece. Shake it and it rattles. I don't think I have ever even shot it. I have no intention of modifying it in any respect. It's not like I don't have anything else to carry.

I rarely go to town or anywhere else after dark anymore,so I have taken to carrying my Rossi double action only 44 Special with the 3 inch barrel and no hammer or rear sight. That thing was scary smooth and accurate right out of the box,and you flat don't have enough money to buy it. I have shot running snakes in the head with it. I load it with 200 grain silvertips. Fits right in my pants pocket and there it no hammer thump piece to catch on anything or any safety to worry about. Point and click.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:22:35 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One little addendum to that @@sneakypete

Just because Sgt. Joe did X the last time the SHTF does not mean Sgt. Joe will do X again the next time.

@Bigun

That kinda depends on if he was laughing and telling jokes the last time he was taking automatic weapons fire. THOSE are the people you want with you on a recon team,even if they are NOT the people you want to go barhopping with back in the states.