Author Topic: Corrupt or Incompetent? No Good Answer for Democrats in Iowa  (Read 117 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Corrupt or Incompetent? No Good Answer for Democrats in Iowa
« on: February 08, 2020, 04:01:59 pm »
February 8, 2020
Corrupt or Incompetent? No Good Answer for Democrats in Iowa
By John Leonard

Probably my favorite line in the movie Moneyball is uttered in the wonderful scene where Billy Bean (Brad Pitt) is trying to teach his protégé (Joshua Hill) how to cut a professional baseball player.  Bean explains that delivering bad news works best if done with a detached, businesslike manner.  He compares the unpleasant task to the job of a hired assassin by asking, "Would you rather get a bullet to the head, or five to the chest and bleed to death?"

Hill replies, "Are those my only two options?" 

Therein lies the problem for Democrats come November.  There are only two possible explanations for the debacle in Iowa, and neither of them is good.  Either Democrats have corrupted the elections process so that Bernie Sanders cannot possibly win the nomination, no matter how well he does with their primary voters, or they are so incompetent that they can't even run a caucus in a state with a relatively small population.

The largest city in Iowa, Des Moines, is about the same size as Augusta (home of the Masters golf tournament), the second largest city in Georgia.  The entire population of Iowa (3 million) is only a little more than half the size of metropolitan Atlanta (5 million).  It seems almost inconceivable that a caucus in which the top four candidates received less than two thousand votes combined could get so screwed up that there are calls for the results to be scrapped and a second caucus held.  Is the Iowa election process being run by the Three Stooges?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/02/corrupt_or_incompetent_no_good_answer_for_democrats_in_iowa.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Corrupt or Incompetent? No Good Answer for Democrats in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 11:27:41 pm »
"Corrupt or Incompetent? No Good Answer for Democrats in Iowa"

I'll take "Both" for $200, Alex...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Corrupt or Incompetent? No Good Answer for Democrats in Iowa
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 11:28:25 pm »
"Corrupt or Incompetent? No Good Answer for Democrats in Iowa"

I'll take "Both" for $200, Alex...

You beat me to it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien