Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar Seizes the Debate  (Read 226 times)

Offline Hoodat

Amy Klobuchar Seizes the Debate
« on: February 08, 2020, 08:14:27 pm »

We'll see Tuesday if that impression, which she’s made on previous debate nights, impacts voters this time — and which voters if so.

Michael Tomasky     |     Feb. 08, 2020 12:07AM ET     |     Updated Feb. 08, 2020 4:50AM ET

First of all, Amy Klobuchar won. She’s gotten better and better as these debates have gone on. No single killer answer that I remember, but steady throughout, and her hair wasn’t doing that weird shaking thing. She was smart to praise Mitt Romney. Toward the end, she told the old FDR story about the man crying as his funeral cortege passed by and “the reporter goes, sir, did you know the president? The guy says, no, I didn’t know the president, but he knew me.” Gets ’em every time.

After the debate, over on MSNBC, Chris Hayes was asking undecided New Hampshire voters if the debate helped them make up their minds, and there was big applause when Klobuchar was mentioned. Chris Matthews agreed. “She looked like a president,” he said. “I think she’s a leader, and she showed it tonight.”

It remains to be seen if that impression, which she’s made on previous debate nights, impacts voters this time. She did throw a couple punches. Again, she dinged Bernie Sanders on Medicare for All (while still managing to say a few Minnesota-nice words about him). She took a swipe at Pete Buttigieg about his youth and lack of experience (while still managing to say a few Minnesota-nice words about his military service).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/amy-klobuchar-seizes-the-democratic-debate

If Dems get behind Klobuchar, it could spell trouble for Trump.  She is the only one of the bunch who espouses the 'moderate' rhetoric similar to Clinton in '92 and Obama in '08.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Amy Klobuchar Seizes the Debate
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 08:29:47 pm »

We'll see Tuesday if that impression, which she’s made on previous debate nights, impacts voters this time — and which voters if so.

Michael Tomasky     |     Feb. 08, 2020 12:07AM ET     |     Updated Feb. 08, 2020 4:50AM ET

First of all, Amy Klobuchar won. She’s gotten better and better as these debates have gone on. No single killer answer that I remember, but steady throughout, and her hair wasn’t doing that weird shaking thing. She was smart to praise Mitt Romney. Toward the end, she told the old FDR story about the man crying as his funeral cortege passed by and “the reporter goes, sir, did you know the president? The guy says, no, I didn’t know the president, but he knew me.” Gets ’em every time.

After the debate, over on MSNBC, Chris Hayes was asking undecided New Hampshire voters if the debate helped them make up their minds, and there was big applause when Klobuchar was mentioned. Chris Matthews agreed. “She looked like a president,” he said. “I think she’s a leader, and she showed it tonight.”

It remains to be seen if that impression, which she’s made on previous debate nights, impacts voters this time. She did throw a couple punches. Again, she dinged Bernie Sanders on Medicare for All (while still managing to say a few Minnesota-nice words about him). She took a swipe at Pete Buttigieg about his youth and lack of experience (while still managing to say a few Minnesota-nice words about his military service).

https://www.thedailybeast.com/amy-klobuchar-seizes-the-democratic-debate

If Dems get behind Klobuchar, it could spell trouble for Trump.  She is the only one of the bunch who espouses the 'moderate' rhetoric similar to Clinton in '92 and Obama in '08.

No.  She has no charisma whatsoever and the abuse of her staff is legendary in MN.   She's bad news.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:05:48 pm »
No.  She has no charisma whatsoever and the abuse of her staff is legendary in MN.   She's bad news.

Oh, absolutely.  She is an evil piece of work.  But she could also put forth a 'reasonable' front that moderates could swallow, much unlike Sanders and Warren.  Just sayin', watch out for her.  The Dem power brokers (and their Democrat MSM puppets) are running out of time to select the candidate to get behind.  It isn't going to be Sanders, Warren, or Biden.  So we are left with Buttegieg, Klobuchar, or Bloomberg.  And although Bloomberg has bank, he sucks as a candidate so much that he couldn't even win the race for NYC mayor running as a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 10:27:12 pm »
Okay...

If I were being waterboarded by Syrian jihadists and forced to pick my favorite Democrat candidate, it would be Amy Klobuchar.

A sexier haircut, and a bit of cleavage....Biden, who??  Pete, who??

Then, it's just the Crazy Commie vs. the Take No Sh*t Babe.

:2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 10:35:04 pm »
Klobuchar reminds me of Carly Fiorina, got the word salad down but nothing to back it up.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 10:41:01 pm »
A sexier haircut, and a bit of cleavage....Biden, who??  Pete, who??

Sorry to disappoint.  Here she was back when she was prosecuting Kirby Puckett on trumped up charges:

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 10:45:20 pm »
    I really think Klobuchar gives Trump the most problems in the 2020 General Election.  I'm not saying he can't beat her, just that she removes a bit from his tool box, as far as the woman vote goes (he can't go full scorched earth on her without alienating a significant percent of the population).
    Certainly going to be interesting.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 10:49:46 pm »
I see a potential Buttgigger/Klobuchar ticket.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2020, 10:51:05 pm »
At least we won't have to worry about a Bloomberg/Hillary ticket

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 10:53:27 pm »
Amy Klobuchar raises over $2 million after debate, campaign says

By Jasmine Wright and Kyung Lah, CNN

Updated 3:54 PM ET, Sat February 8, 2020

Durham, New Hampshire (CNN)Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar raised more than $2 million dollars in the 14 hours after her widely-praised performance during Friday night's debate, her campaign said Saturday.

It is Klobuchar's best fundraising haul following any debate to date. Klobuchar's campaign previously raised $1 million dollars in the 24 hours after the December Democratic debate in Los Angeles.

"With proven grassroots support, Amy continues to outperform expectations and punch above her weight," said Klobuchar campaign manager Justin Buoen. "Following her debate performance, we've raised $2 million and have seen an outpouring of donations from all 50 states which will allow us to compete in New Hampshire and beyond."

<..snip..>

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/08/politics/amy-klobuchar-debate-fundraising/index.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 11:25:24 pm »
I'm skeptical that Klobuchar will get much momentum. Maybe enough to make her VP.

She was 5th in a race that bordered her state. She should have took a good chunk north of I-80, which is culturally similiar to MN.
The Republic is lost.