Author Topic: Texas executes man who killed 5, including wife, children  (Read 642 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Texas executes man who killed 5, including wife, children
« on: February 08, 2020, 02:21:06 pm »
Texas executes man who killed 5, including wife, children

By Associated PressFebruary 7, 2020 | 2:11am

HUNTSVILLE, Texas — A Dallas man was executed Thursday evening for a shooting in which he killed his wife, two children and two other relatives during a drug-fueled rage nearly 18 years ago.

Prosecutors say Abel Ochoa was high on crack cocaine and looking for money to buy more drugs when he started shooting inside his home in August 2002.

Ochoa, 47, was pronounced dead at 6:48 p.m., 23 minutes after receiving a lethal injection at the state penitentiary in Huntsville for the slayings of his wife, Cecilia, 32, and his 7-year-old daughter, Crystal. He also killed his 9-month-old daughter, Anahi; his father-in-law, 56-year-old Bartolo Alvizo; and his sister-in-law, 20-year-old Jacqueline Saleh, and seriously injured his sister-in-law Alma Alvizo...

Excerpt: Rest is here https://nypost.com/2020/02/07/texas-executes-man-who-killed-5-including-wife-children/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Texas executes man who killed 5, including wife, children
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 02:29:15 pm »
The back story on this. Something you will rarely see reported in the media.

In 2002, a crackhead named Abel Ochoa convinced his wife to give him $10 for crack. He smoked the drugs, and then contemplated the rest of his day, wanting more crack but knowing his wife would refuse him, to prevent him from smoking up every cent they possessed. He got his handgun, walked into the living room, and without warning or preamble, shot and killed his wife, her sister, their father, and Ochoa's own 9 month old child. He wounded another sister-in-law, and then saw his 7 year old daughter. She had just seen her mother, infant sister, grandfather and aunt murdered in cold blood. That child ran through the house, chased by Ochoa, who caught her and shot her four times, killing her. Ochoa then took his wife's purse and drove to an ATM machine to get cash for crack. Police found him there and arrested him.
He was sentenced to death in 2003. His last appeal was denied in 2018. He is scheduled to be executed in Texas on Thursday. He waited until November, and then filed a new appeal, claiming the Texas prisons denied him the opportunity to make a video with a TV station, which he planned to use for a clemency appeal. Waiting until the very last minute is a typical anti-death penalty maneuver, because any delay means the entire process has to be rescheduled.
The US Supreme Court is considering his last-minute petition for a stay.

Funny, but the media doesn't seem to have a single photo fo the victims.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 02:30:28 pm »
18 years is too long to wait for his wife's family who were denied justice for that long.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 03:06:40 pm »
18 years is too long to wait for his wife's family who were denied justice for that long.

:amen:

This should have happened years ago.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 03:08:10 pm »
Good riddance to bad trash. The only tragedy is he was allowed to live this long.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 03:11:38 pm »

@IsailedawayfromFR

The ONLY possible positive to him being allowed to live this long is the VERY slim chance that once he got clean,he realized the horrors he is responsible for,and guilt made him suffer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 03:38:57 pm »

I absolutely agree with you @IsailedawayfromFR. The process needs to be streamlined to the maximum extent possible.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 03:42:28 pm »
:amen:

This should have happened years ago.

:yowsa:  However Ochoa was the second inmate put to death this year in Texas and the third in the U.S. Seven other executions are scheduled in the next few months in Texas, the nation’s busiest capital punishment state.

Quoting that famous philosopher Ron White, "If you kill somebody in Texas we will kill you back!" (eventually!)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 11:37:05 pm »
:yowsa:  However Ochoa was the second inmate put to death this year in Texas and the third in the U.S. Seven other executions are scheduled in the next few months in Texas, the nation’s busiest capital punishment state.

Quoting that famous philosopher Ron White, "If you kill somebody in Texas we will kill you back!" (eventually!)

Please, please, please let that be true. My niece and her friend were murdered in January 2019 in Temple, TX. The creep is incarcerated and he’s been charged with a capital crime. Hope we live long enough to see him found guilty and subsequently executed.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell