Author Topic: Kimberley Strassel: Democrats in distress -- Progressive vs. moderate split could sink party in Nove  (Read 142 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kimberley Strassel: Democrats in distress -- Progressive vs. moderate split could sink party in November

By Kimberley A. Strassel | The Wall Street Journal

Donald Trump visited Congress this week to declare the state of the union “stronger than ever before.” Speaker Nancy Pelosi concluded the evening by highlighting the state of the Democratic Party: Intensely—perhaps fatally—divided.

That’s the prism through which to view this week’s headlines: The Iowa debacle, Democrats’ State of the Union theatrics, the president’s impeachment acquittal. Division has coursed through Democratic politics for at least the past four years. The media tries hard to present this split as nothing more than the usual intraparty tension. It’s significantly deeper than that, and Democratic hopes for the 2020 election hinge on it.

The Iowa derailment didn’t begin Monday afternoon or even in the months leading up to the failure of the results-reporting app. This train went off the tracks right after the 2016 Democratic primary contest, as a bitter progressive wing of the party stewed over Bernie Sanders’s defeat. They accused the Democratic establishment of rigging the process for Hillary Clinton—starting with Iowa, where the results were close, and where Mr. Sanders’s supporters outright challenged the legitimacy of Mrs. Clinton’s victory.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/kimberley-strassel-democrats-in-distress-progressive-and-moderate-split-could-sink-party-in-november
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who does she think she is kidding? The moderate Dims are the half-breed red-headed stepchildren of the Dim Party. The Dims only pretend to tolerate them because they vote Dim,and I freely admit I have no idea why they still vote that way.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

Who does she think she is kidding? The moderate Dims are the half-breed red-headed stepchildren of the Dim Party. The Dims only pretend to tolerate them because they vote Dim,and I freely admit I have no idea why they still vote that way.
I have white Democrat friends who were military, live socially conservative lives, and expect everybody to work for a living and not sponge off the gov.
You'd think they'd be solid conservative Republicans, but they go into rants about evil Republicans at every opportunity. Usually after a number of adult beverages.
They still think the Dem Party is the Dem Party of Harry Truman and JFK. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@sneakypete

This is all part of a carefully constructed script, intended to give Hillary Clinton an opportunity to play 'White Knight'.

'Hell...I beat his once, I can beat him again!'   ... HRC
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

This is all part of a carefully constructed script, intended to give Hillary Clinton an opportunity to play 'White Knight'.

'Hell...I beat his once, I can beat him again!'   ... HRC

@DCPatriot

I think so too,but I honestly can't come up with an explanation for the cast of creeps running for the Dim nomination now.

Not even the Clinton's could have set that up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!