Author Topic: Never-Trumper Joe Walsh Ends Presidential Campaign: ‘He Can’t Be Beat’  (Read 558 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joshua Caplan7 Feb 20201,548
2:47

Appearing Friday on CNN’s New Day, former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) ended his longshot 2020 Republican presidential primary challenge against President Donald Trump, conceding that the president “can’t be beat” after receiving a mere 1 percent of the vote in the Iowa GOP caucuses.

New Day
✔
@NewDay

Former US Rep. Joe Walsh ends his Republican primary challenge against Trump
"[Trump] can't be stopped within the Republican Party. Nobody can beat him. It's Trump's party... It's not a party. It's a

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/02/07/never-trumper-joe-walsh-ends-presidential-campaign-he-cant-be-beat/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Thats it, Joe. We're a cult. It's the only possible reason we might find you an unappealing candidate.

Offline aligncare

Oh, grow up. Yours wasn’t a candidacy, it was a temper tantrum. You’re a loser. Embrace the suck and you may find some inner peace.

The reason Trump can’t be beaten for re-election is due to measures and outcomes. Not because he has some Svengali-like hold over Americans.

Well, you know what I always say. Democrats. You can’t live with ’em and you can’t kill ”em.  :shrug:

Offline Applewood

Walsh never really campaigned.  It takes money to run an effective campaign and Walsh didn't have it.  Certainly, the big donors wouldn't go for him, so unless he had someone of means  to back him, or he was Michael Bloomberg with plenty of his ow money to throw around, Walsh's campaign was going nowhere.

So who's left?  Sanford and ?

Offline dfwgator

I'd rather vote for the real Joe Walsh.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'd rather vote for the real Joe Walsh.

Would've been a great rally in CO, blaring Rocky Mountian Way.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Would've been a great rally in CO, blaring Rocky Mountian Way.......

The candidate making an awesome guitar face.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

JOE WALSH: I’m ending my candidacy for President of the United States. Look, I got into this because I thought it was really important that there was a Republican out there every day calling out this president for how unfit he is. I want to stop Trump, I believe he’s a theat to this country. He can’t be stopped within the Republican Party. Nobody can beat him. It’s Trump’s party. It’s not a party, it’s a cult. He can’t be beat in the Republican primary, so there’s no reason for me or any candidate to be in there. The party has become a cult.

Way to endear yourself within your party numb nuts.  Who the F is this guy?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He was running a campaign? I thought it was one long whine, nitpick and drama queen fest.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

Resume padding exercise.
Now he can say he was a presidential candidate and get a pay raise..

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Walsh never really campaigned.  It takes money to run an effective campaign and Walsh didn't have it.  Certainly, the big donors wouldn't go for him, so unless he had someone of means  to back him, or he was Michael Bloomberg with plenty of his ow money to throw around, Walsh's campaign was going nowhere.

So who's left?  Sanford and ?
Sanford dropped out last month. It's down to Bill Weld and Trump.

A liberal and an unhinged phony.

Once again, conservatives have no choice.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

Yep.  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

Offline libertybele

Which one do you consider the phony and which one do you consider the liberal?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

Resume padding exercise.
Now he can say he was a presidential candidate and get a pay raise..

You nailed it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline roamer_1

Which one do you consider the phony and which one do you consider the liberal?

LOL! Hard to tell, ain't it?  :whistle:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"It’s not a party, it’s a cult."

The weirdest thing about much of the Trump hatred is how so many of those people actually believe that.  They have this mental image that everyone (or at least, almost everyone) who supports Trump is completely blind to his faults, and that's simply ridiculous.  Sure, there are some people like that, but the vast majority of Trump supporters I know personally are well aware of his flaws. 

They support Trump for a combination of two reasons:

1) He has been very good on a lot of conservative policies, even if not all of them.  As Mitch McConnell correctly stated, this has been the most conservative Administration in the last 30 years;

2) the only realistic alternative until 2024 is a lunatic Democrat Party that has moved rapidly to the left in the last decade.

Supporting Trump for those two reasons isn't cult-like; it's a reasoned, logical position.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oh, grow up. Yours wasn’t a candidacy, it was a temper tantrum. You’re a loser. Embrace the suck and you may find some inner peace.

@aligncare

And there it is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The candidate making an awesome guitar face.

@skeeter

Not only that,but he has a GREAT sense of humor,and doesn't take himself very seriously.

I LOVED his appearances  on the old Drew Carey Show.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He was running a campaign? I thought it was one long whine, nitpick and drama queen fest.

@Free Vulcan

That is what passes for a campaign these days. Did you not watch the Obomber and the Bubbette! campaigns?

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Not only that,but he has a GREAT sense of humor,and doesn't take himself very seriously.

I LOVED his appearances  on the old Drew Carey Show.

He even said some (relatively) nice things about Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"It’s not a party, it’s a cult."

The weirdest thing about much of the Trump hatred is how so many of those people actually believe that.  They have this mental image that everyone (or at least, almost everyone) who supports Trump is completely blind to his faults, and that's simply ridiculous.  Sure, there are some people like that, but the vast majority of Trump supporters I know personally are well aware of his flaws. 

They support Trump for a combination of two reasons:

1) He has been very good on a lot of conservative policies, even if not all of them.  As Mitch McConnell correctly stated, this has been the most conservative Administration in the last 30 years;

2) the only realistic alternative until 2024 is a lunatic Democrat Party that has moved rapidly to the left in the last decade.

Supporting Trump for those two reasons isn't cult-like; it's a reasoned, logical position.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Don't try to confuse Party People with logic. They don't know what it is,and refuse to learn anything new.