Author Topic: Pizza Hut’s slumping US business eyes turnaround with new management  (Read 489 times)

Offline Applewood

Pizza Hut’s slumping US business eyes turnaround with new management

Even with a sponsorship deal with the National Football League, Pizza Hut's U.S. business is struggling to find a win.

Yum Brands said Thursday that its 2020 results could fall short of its long-term outlook as a result of Pizza Hut's troubles in the U.S., as well as the hit from Wuhan coronavirus in China.

…

In the wake of Pizza Hut's lackluster financial results, Yum also announced that it has tapped Kevin Hochman as interim president of Pizza Hut's U.S. division. Hochman is credited with the turnaround of KFC's turnaround in the United States.

More at:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/06/pizza-huts-slumping-us-business-eyes-turnaround-with-new-management.html?&qsearchterm=Pizza%20Hut

Offline Applewood

I don't know about the rest of you, but where I live, I have about 15 or so locally owned, "Mom and Pop" pizza joints near me, all of which make good pizza.  I'd rather patronize the local restaurants than a corporate chain like Pizza Hut.

Offline Idiot

I don't know about the rest of you, but where I live, I have about 15 or so locally owned, "Mom and Pop" pizza joints near me, all of which make good pizza.  I'd rather patronize the local restaurants than a corporate chain like Pizza Hut.
Agree....  I frequent one of our local places, which has really good food. 

Offline berdie

And I make a really good home made pizza myself.  Our local pizza guy ain't that great.

Offline GrouchoTex

@Applewood

Agreed, and the Pizza Hut near us has been getting worse over time.
Lots of bad reviews in our neighborhood.

I like the avatar.
I have a beagle and a foxhound, myself.