Author Topic: 'Double Jeopardy Does Not Apply': CNN Looks For More Impeachment Charges  (Read 370 times)

rangerrebew

'Double Jeopardy Does Not Apply': CNN Looks For More Impeachment Charges
By Nicholas Fondacaro | February 5, 2020 6:10 PM EST

Moments after the Senate acquitted President Trump of the impeachment charges against him, CNN’s The Lead looked to the future and to House Democrats who were zealously trying to drum up more impeachment charges. “Double jeopardy does not apply in politics,” chief national correspondent John King proclaimed to the rest of the panel, clearly looking for Trump to be retried on the charges he was just found “not guilty” of committing.

“And so, as the new revelations come out, whether it’s the Bolton book, whether it’s the new e-mails our Vivian Salama of CNN reporting on today that do shed new light on the controversies here,” he added.

Missing the asinine Democratic tactic of sending the charges to the Senate before finishing their investigation, King then proceeded to tout how Democrats were still trying to gather evidence for their case:

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2020/02/05/double-jeopardy-does-not-apply-cnn-looks-more-impeachment

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: 'Double Jeopardy Does Not Apply': CNN Looks For More Impeachment Charges
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 06:39:54 pm »
"Please Brer Fox...."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 06:45:01 pm »
Should the Democrats take the senate, you know they will try again, maybe on different charges.  In fact, I think this will be a selling point for their senate candidates -- "elect more Dems so we can try again."  This is why Trump supporters should not only put their energies into re-electing Trump, but also to make sure the Dems don't take the senate. 

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 07:10:22 pm »
Should the Democrats take the senate, you know they will try again, maybe on different charges.  In fact, I think this will be a selling point for their senate candidates -- "elect more Dems so we can try again."  This is why Trump supporters should not only put their energies into re-electing Trump, but also to make sure the Dems don't take the senate.
We need to take back the house as well. Yes it will be difficult, but we did it once before.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 07:13:14 pm »
They need to take 20 seats. It takes 67 votes to remove the president.
That's just a little thing about the Constitution, it's still there, even if no one reads it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 07:24:40 pm »
We need to take back the house as well. Yes it will be difficult, but we did it once before.

Indeed.  But I think that will come after the senate races.

I just hope if Republicans do hold onto the senate and retake the house, they do a lot more than they did a couple of years ago when they had both and the presidency.  If Republicans had a "super majority" in both chambers, that would be sweet.  At the very least, they would really have no excuse except sheer laziness for sitting on their rumps and accomplishing nothing.