Author Topic: Nigeria: 90% of Boko Haram's Victims Are Muslims - President (Buhari)  (Read 256 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Added in, in case, it is not obvious, this means Nigeria's president, Buhari said this.

Nigeria: 90% of Boko Haram's Victims Are Muslims - President

4 February 2020
Vanguard (Lagos)
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru

President Mohammadu Buhari Tuesday declared that 90 per cent of all Boko Haram victims in the past years have been Muslims.

The insurgents began their murderous activities in 2009 after the killing of the leader Mohammed Yusuf.

Global Terrorism Index indicates that the group since 2009, has killed tens of thousands and displaced 2.3 million.

Read more at: https://allafrica.com/stories/202002050051.html

False I say, 90% really waters things down... could be the majority of Boko Haram victims are Muslims. Still?

All of this must be some sort of uproar now, it sounds like some Christian leader was killed by BH. I know I posted on one recent murder by the terrorists.  I think it is the same cleric.  Remember, Buhari below, visited the White House a year or so ago.
Buhari: Pastor Andimi’s Faith Should Inspire All Nigerians
President of Nigeria eulogizes Brethren leader executed by Boko Haram, and criticizes terrorist efforts to divide Christians and Muslims in Africa’s most populous state.
Muhammadu BuhariFebruary 3, 2020

Nigerians everywhere, those of belief and those of none, are mourning the death of pastor Lawan Andimi, taken from us by Boko Haram for his refusal to denounce his Christian faith.

I did not know Pastor Andimi personally. Yet Nigerians and I both know him and his church by their works: healing, caring, feeding and educating, particularly in the northeastern regions of my country—in those areas threatened for too long by terrorists. Every day, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria (EYN) places itself there bravely where the brotherhood of man is most in need of sustenance.

Pastor Andimi’s ministry was located only 60 miles from the town of Chibok, from where in 2014 the world witnessed the shocking kidnapping of 267 schoolgirls. That even one individual—this time a man of the church—could still be taken by the terror group seven years later might be viewed as evidence the terrorists are fully functional, and undefeated. But it is not.

Read more at: https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2020/february-web-only/nigeria-president-buhari-pastor-lawan-andimi-boko-haram.html

I'm unsure about Buhari but I'm not aware of the situation enough to judge him.

Though, I read a lot on the net about what is going on over there, quite a few people say he's not going much to help.

I think the terror group is less of a problem now than before he became president. Not committing as many massacres but it's all relative.

They need to be wiped out.

In Nigeria too, there's a big problem with corruption with say, us, the US just giving them $2 million or something.

I think we have had troops there as advisors. I'm not sure if that is still going on.

Here is a story by CBS from 2017 as to where US troops are in Africa:

The U.S. has roughly 800 military personnel temporarily deployed to Niger, and rough 6,000 military personnel spread across the continent, according to U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM). Many of those troops are there to support African partners, alongside allies like France, with the goal of increasing the African nations' own security capabilities and stabilizing the region. AFRICOM only began initial operations 10 years ago, in October 2007.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-does-the-u-s-have-troops-in-africa-and-why/

This particular article does not seem to mention Nigeria at all.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:44:19 pm by TomSea »