Author Topic: J-Lo Says Super Bowl Halftime Show Was About Representing Women, Single Mothers  (Read 492 times)

rangerrebew

J-Lo Says Super Bowl Halftime Show Was About Representing Women, Single Mothers

Warner Todd Huston3 Feb 2020

During her Super Bowl after-party on Sunday night, actress and singer Jennifer Lopez told guests that her scantily clad, pole-spinning halftime show was all about “working moms and single mothers.”

As boyfriend A-Rod watched, JLo spoke to family and friends such as Fat Joe and Jamie Foxx, telling them that she just gave posterity the “best Super Bowl shows of all time,” TMZ reported.

“I was happy to stand up there with Shakira,” she said, calling her and Shakira, “two working moms who did one of the best Super Bowl shows of all time.”

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/02/03/jlo-says-super-bowl-halftime-show-was-about-representing-women-single-mothers/

rangerrebew

:mauslaff: :laughingdog: What a clever way to disguise a smut show.  I don't watch the game anymore but I have certainly read enough about the the "show" to see that it was about titillation and not talent. :thumbsdown:

Offline Polly Ticks

Indeed.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline goatprairie

:mauslaff: :laughingdog: What a clever way to disguise a smut show.  I don't watch the game anymore but I have certainly read enough about the the "show" to see that it was about titillation and not talent. :thumbsdown:
Except as a still redblooded male (albeit pretty ancient) I found it neither titillating nor talented.
I found it stupid and boring.  999yawn Grown women (or ungrown women) shaking their behinds in my face is not something I find amusing.
Neither did I find the frenetic jumping up and down  (dancing I guess) and caterwauling entertaining.
Maybe I'm just too old.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, because all single women use stripper poles.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Except as a still redblooded male (albeit pretty ancient) I found it neither titillating nor talented.
I found it stupid and boring.  999yawn Grown women (or ungrown women) shaking their behinds in my face is not something I find amusing.
Neither did I find the frenetic jumping up and down  (dancing I guess) and caterwauling entertaining.
Maybe I'm just too old.

You and me both, Brother.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, because all single women use stripper poles.
Have you never seen the T-shirt?

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Have you never seen the T-shirt?

LOL!  Yes, just today upthread.  That's hysterical!  I support them, too...one dollar at a time!
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
LOL!  Yes, just today upthread.  That's hysterical!  I support them, too...one dollar at a time!
Yeah, now that I see that again. I feel like an idiot. Oops. :shrug:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, now that I see that again. I feel like an idiot. Oops. :shrug:

Don't!  You gave me a chance to riff that line...and I am grateful!
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

You and me both, Brother.
There appears to be a dividing line where generations sharply diverge in their liking/acceptance of changes in culture.
Certainly,  most of the people of the generation born before the mid thirties or forties, like my parents, never got rock and roll.  Growing up my parents, born in 1919 and 1925, only played easy listening music on the radio.  They neither understood nor liked rock and roll.  However, my father did admit to liking some Beatles songs. But he certainly hated them when they first appeared on the tv screen, and he hated r and r in general.
But they were members of the swing generation.  They liked all the musicians and singers from their generation.
 But my grandparents didn't like that kind of music at all. Swing was too wild for them.
And now we have Boomers, like me, who hate rap and modern pop. I don't know how many Boomers like rap, but I doubt it's more than a very small percentage of Boomers.
I know the saying about people liking the music of their generation the most, but I like a lot of old music now that I didn't like when I was young. I mean some real old music going back four and five hundred years. I play four and five hundred year old classical music on my guitar.
My millennial stepdaughters love rap and modern pop, but they also like old rock and roll. One stepdaughter is a huge Judy Garland fan.
So how does that work? If every generation has members who like older forms of music, why don't they like music after their generation? I'm not talking about liking just one or two younger "artists," like a certain person on this forum who loves Adele. I mean liking the great bulk of what's churned out now.
I mean why don't Boomers like/love rap, when  Generation X and millennials love that crap?