Author Topic: Depressed Democrat Turnout: The Iowa Story that Matters  (Read 187 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Depressed Democrat Turnout: The Iowa Story that Matters
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:02:29 pm »
February 5, 2020
Depressed Democrat Turnout: The Iowa Story that Matters
By Fletch Daniels

While the most entertaining story of the Iowa caucuses was either the utter chaos and incompetence that unfolded or the sinister machinations of the Democrat party, depending on your take on the events, the more important story is getting far less attention.

When given the first opportunity to turn out and vote for a candidate to oppose President Donald Trump, Democrats largely shrugged and said, "Meh."  Turnout was down almost 30% from 2008.

This is by far the most important story out of this primary, which is why it will be largely blacked out by the media.

While Barack Obama was not on the ballot, Democrats clearly expected a greater show of voter force when they were given the chance to do something other than howl their Trump derangement rage at the moon.

Smart Democrats understand this reality all too well.  Harry Enten is one of the smarter ones.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/02/depressed_democrat_turnout_the_iowa_story_that_matters.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Depressed Democrat Turnout: The Iowa Story that Matters
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 03:05:17 pm »
When given the first opportunity to turn out and vote for a candidate to oppose President Donald Trump, Democrats largely shrugged and said, "Meh." Turnout was down almost 30% from 2008.

And that tells the tale!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 04:55:34 pm »
The GOP also fell into this in 2012 against Barack Obama. It was believed that opposition to Obama in the form of the TParty  protest, the Chick-fil-A, protests etc. etc. were signs of  enough opposition to give Romney the White House.

Barack Obama did lose 5 to 6 million votes from his 2008 victory. They just didn’t go to  Romney

There is a belief that there’s enough Democratic Party outrage against Trump to bring them out in droves on election night and that may be partially correct. But it doesn’t seem opposition party outrage ever is enough to bring someone over the top based on history. It’s base enthusiasm that does it. I believe that there is far left enthusiasm for the likes of a Sanders or Warren, but I don’t think your rank-and-file Democratic voter is all that enthused with them

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:59:03 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 05:55:14 pm »

There is a belief that there’s enough Democratic Party outrage against Trump to bring them out in droves on election night and that may be partially correct. But it doesn’t seem opposition party outrage ever is enough to bring someone over the top based on history. It’s base enthusiasm that does it. I believe that there is far left enthusiasm for the likes of a Sanders or Warren, but I don’t think your rank-and-file Democratic voter is all that enthused with them

@LMAO

Neither do I,with the exception of the big-city Dim voters,who are mostly parasites that live in big cities because that's where all the "free stuff" is. They will ALWAYS vote Dim because if they don't,they would have to get jobs and pay their own expenses.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!