Author Topic: Uganda 'studying' opening embassy in Jerusalem, Museveni tells Netanyahu  (Read 310 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
At first, one can think, "oh, just another news story" but, actually significant. Let's not forget the raid on Entebbe in the 1970s. So, this is quite a turnabout.

Uganda 'studying' opening embassy in Jerusalem, Museveni tells Netanyahu
Elias Biryabarema

KAMPALA (Reuters) - Uganda is “studying” the possibility of opening an embassy in Jerusalem, President Yoweri Museveni said on Monday, during a visit by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Such a move would be seen internationally as a statement of support for Israel’s claim for the city of Jerusalem to be its capital, a potential political win for Netanyahu less than a month before a national election on March 2.

“If a friend says I want your embassy here rather than there I don’t see why there would be...,” Museveni said before trailing off and continuing: “we are really working, we’re studying that.”

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-uganda/uganda-studying-opening-embassy-in-jerusalem-museveni-tells-netanyahu-idUSKBN1ZX1Y6

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Uganda 'studying' opening embassy in Jerusalem, Museveni tells Netanyahu
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:30:12 pm »
Tell the Ugandans to stuff it and stay home.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 01:03:11 am »
Fishrrman wrote:

Tell the Ugandans to stuff it and stay home.

I say every little bit helps, they got Brazil, they got these countries or they are getting them, Brazil, Guatemala, maybe Ukraine... they are building a conscensus and it is important. Getting on the African continent would be important and above all...

I think it is Israel that is largely coaxing these nations to do this. I think it's important.

It's a bit like Taiwan, it's a horrible shame some countries are stopped recognizing them for China.

All of this is important.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 01:21:42 am »
Sure enough, Bibi is out on a promotional tour:

BREAKING: Israeli PM Netanyahu Meets Sudan's Head Of Sovereignty Council In Entebbe - Tsionizm
by Tsionizm Staff

February 3, 2020February 3, 20200160   
Israeli PM Netanyahu continues his charm offensive in the region with a visit to Uganda, meeting with Sudanese leader

In a surprise development that was previewed by Mr. Netanyahu’s expressed hope for “good news” when he departed for Entebbe, Uganda earlier today, Sudanese head of the sovereignty council and the de facto leader of Sudan Abdel Fattah al-Burhan arrived in Entebbe and met with the Israeli prime minister. The meeting between the two heads of state representing countries that do not currently maintain diplomatic relations lasted over two hours and resulted in an agreement to open negotiations that would lead to the establishment of full diplomatic ties between the two countries in the near future.

Read more at: https://tsionizm.com/news/2020/02/03/breaking-israeli-pm-netanyahu-meets-sudans-head-of-sovereignty-council-in-entebbe/
The tsionizm website, from the same people who have the tsarism website and are CD media, creative destruction (not really a fan of that name as well), nothing bad at these places, some good articles show up.

Ever hear the phrase, "need all the friends you can get?", If it is  any of these countries, good. Also, one might be able to influence these nations.

Also, it's geopolitical, what's better Fish,

Uganda, Sudan being friends with Iran?  or With Israel and I'm sure this repeats itself in the international community.

It sure seems good when, even if countries are at odds with each other, you see Putin or Erdogan meeting, you see Trump meeting with Kim, it's not perfect but it's something.

PS, some time, I hope I get a chance to watch both of the Entebbe movies at youtube,

I have seen one some time ago, it's a made for TV movie, the other one might be as well.