Author Topic: Senate Republicans should NOT acquit the President. Vacate the charges instead  (Read 313 times)

Online corbe

Senate Republicans should NOT acquit the President. Vacate the charges instead.

An acquittal gives the charges credibility. The Senate can send a clear message now and for the future by vacating the charges and rebuking the House.

by Ted Noel MD  February 2, 2020

Senate Republicans blocked additional witnesses from the President’s Impeachment trial. While this is good, it leaves open the argument that when the final vote acquits him, the trial will have been a sham. Of course, the Left’s lapdogs in the drive-by media will trumpet this from the rooftops. We don’t need this sort of slanderous outcome. There is a better way.

First, let us make it clear that Donald Trump neither exceeded his lawful foreign policy authority in the cause of re-election, nor obstructed Congress in the pursuit of its lawful prerogatives. But an acquittal presumes that the charges Princess Pelosi, Pencil Neck Schiff, and Jerry Waddler so thoughtfully considered and tenderly carried across the Capital are actually “high crimes or misdemeanors.”

Article 2 of the Congressional stillbirth is the easier issue. As Alan Dershowitz pointed out, the House does not have an unlimited right to see Presidential documents and interview Presidential staff. As in Nixon’s case, until the Supreme Court has rendered a final opinion, the President may restrict the House’s access. Only after the Court has ruled against him is it possible for him to obstruct Congress by withholding documents or staff. Anything else would place the Congress above the Executive Branch, destroying the separation of powers inherent in our Constitutional design.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2020/02/02/senate-republicans-should-not-acquit-the-president-vacate-the-charges-instead/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't think there is any valid mechanism for the Senate to "vacate."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

If there was one, they wouldn't do it anyway.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I heard Mark Levine say that the Senate could vote to dismiss at the very beginning, before the procedural resolution was adopted. But, that ship has sailed.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Even if there was, do you think this collective of limp bodies would have the gonads to do it?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:04:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
If there  was one, they wouldn't do it anyway.
@Cyber Liberty  Sad but true. I have no doubt that were the shoe on the other foot, that would have been Schumer's first move.