Author Topic: Can You Survive The Pompeo Challenge? Name These Unmarked Countries  (Read 533 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Can You Survive The Pompeo Challenge? Name These Unmarked Countries
January 29, 2020 12:00 GMT

NPR journalist Mary Louise Kelly says U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo -- apparently angered over some tough questioning -- summoned her to his private living room at the State Department and challenged her to point to Ukraine on an unmarked map. Kelly -- who has a master's degree in European Studies from Cambridge -- said she did. Pompeo (who's set to arrive in Kyiv on January 30) later suggested Kelly had pointed to Bangladesh instead. How would you fare if you were called on the carpet by Pompeo?

Map Quiz at:  https://www.rferl.org/a/pompeo-npr-kelly-ukraine-map-quiz/30403854.html

I think that's actually a pretty hard quiz. I lucked out on one country, missed another. I did okay.

So, RFERL is having a bit of fun.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Can You Survive The Pompeo Challenge? Name These Unmarked Countries
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 03:30:36 am »
I think that's actually a pretty hard quiz. I lucked out on one country, missed another. I did okay.

So, RFERL is having a bit of fun.

You did better than I.  The 'stans were all messed up for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 03:53:20 am »
You did better than I.  The 'stans were all messed up for me.

I missed a ‘Stan and called Bulgaria Romania gol durnit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:04:50 am »
10/10

Always been good at geography.  Toughest was Turkmenistan -- almost clicked Uzbekistan except I always remember Turkmenistan as being closest to Turkey.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 07:15:29 am »
10/10

Always been good at geography.  Toughest was Turkmenistan -- almost clicked Uzbekistan except I always remember Turkmenistan as being closest to Turkey.

Child's Play - 10/10. As a kid I was an avid stamp collector and shortwave radio listener, I credit that for giving me a good background in Geography.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 07:16:40 am by dfwgator »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 04:03:45 pm »
I couldn’t find my own kitchen, how am I supposed to find eastern European countries after the Soviet block dissolved?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 04:23:57 pm »
Child's Play - 10/10. As a kid I was an avid stamp collector and shortwave radio listener, I credit that for giving me a good background in Geography.

8/10...  Of course that map has changed a lot since I last had Geography
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 08:34:39 pm »
9/10. I was between two choices and the correct answer was the one I didn't pick.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 09:34:15 pm »
Yes, I collected stamps too. Probably good for anyone.

Put them in a stampbook with little yellow hinges. Philately. I often wonder if it is as popular now. It was a big deal back then.