Author Topic: Alan Dershowitz: When Trump Is Acquitted He Will No Longer Be Impeached – The Impeachment Disappears  (Read 684 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alan Dershowitz: When Trump Is Acquitted He Will No Longer Be Impeached – The Impeachment Disappears (VIDEO)
 by Jim Hoft January 31, 2020

Former Harvard Law Professor and noted author Alan Dershowitz had more bad news for Democrats on Friday night.

When President Trump is acquitted next week he will no longer be impeached.  It will be over.  It will be removed from his record.

Sorry, Nancy.
The charade is over.

Alan Dershowitz:  Nancy Pelosi has pulled a real sharp one.  She’s said even if he’s acquitted and vindicated he’s still impeached.  That should not be how it is.  Why?  He did not have a fair trial.  He was indicted.  And what happens if a person is acquitted after indictment?   The indictment disappears…   And when you deny someone due process saying, “Well we’re only indicting him.”   You can’t come back and say, “But he’s still indicted!”  If he wins this I think no one should regard him as having been impeached anymore than you would regard someone who’s indicted as still being indicted if he won a unanimous twelve person jury.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/01/alan-dershowitz-when-trump-is-acquitted-he-will-no-longer-be-impeached-the-impeachment-disappears-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Interesting.

Who do we believe, Dershowitz or Pelosi?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Interesting.

That's easy:  Pelosi.  The status of being Impeached is in the eye of the beholder, and Never Trumpers will never accept the acquittal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline darroll

Lets hope..
But watch for snakes.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That's easy:  Pelosi.  The status of being Impeached is in the eye of the beholder, and Never Trumpers will never accept the acquittal.

I accept the acquittal.  I am glad it is over. 

I feel sad for bad man Bolton though.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Interesting.

@IsailedawayfromFR

And really,what difference does it make? He will still be in office,and he will still be looking forward to getting back at the people who tried to stick a knife in his back.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

Impeachment is the bringing of charges.  So yes, Trump has been impeached.  However, he has not been convicted. 

Only three U.S. presidents have been formally impeached by Congress—Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton and Donald Trump. So far, no U.S. president has ever been removed from office through impeachment.

https://www.history.com/news/how-many-presidents-impeached

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Impeachment is the bringing of charges.  So yes, Trump has been impeached.  However, he has not been convicted. 

https://www.history.com/news/how-many-presidents-impeached

As Pelosi quipped, "Trump is Impeached 'Forever!'"  A tattoo he'll proudly wear.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

As Pelosi quipped, "Trump is Impeached 'Forever!'"  A tattoo he'll proudly wear.

Good for him.  I was just saying the esteemed Alan Dershowitz is incorrect.  Trump has been impeached and he will always be listed as such along with Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.  But like those two presidents, it will also be noted that Trump was acquitted. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If someone gets indicted for murder and found innocent at trial does he remain indicted?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If someone gets indicted for murder and found innocent at trial does he remain indicted?

No...of course not....but I was taught that when you are impeached in the House that stays with you as impeached Johnson and Clinton....so now I don't know what to believe..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good for him.  I was just saying the esteemed Alan Dershowitz is incorrect.  Trump has been impeached and he will always be listed as such along with Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton.  But like those two presidents, it will also be noted that Trump was acquitted.

I agree with you.  Dersh may be correct, "technically," but history records "Impeached."  And I still think Trump will wear that proudly.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

No, but in writing, say, a history of the indicted person, it can be said that he or she was indicted. 

A finding of not guilty does not alter the fact that a person was indicted. 

Same with impeachment.  If the senate does not convict, it does not change the fact that the president was impeached.

Offline Applewood

Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body levels charges against a government official. Impeachment does not in itself remove the official definitively from office; it is similar to an indictment in criminal law, and thus it is essentially the statement of charges against the official. Whereas in some countries the individual is provisionally removed, in others they can remain in office during the trial. Once impeached, an individual must then face the possibility of conviction on the charges by a legislative vote, which is separate from the impeachment, but flows from it, and a judgment which convicts the official on the articles of impeachment entails the official's definitive removal from office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment

Offline libertybele

This is not over.  He has not been acquitted -- final voting won't be until Wednesday. Everyone is saying that he will be acquitted but anything can happen between now and then.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is not over.  He has not been acquitted -- final voting won't be until Wednesday. Everyone is saying that he will be acquitted but anything can happen between now and then.

It's over @libertybele  No way in hell are 20 republicans in the senate are going to vote to convict him of anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I will be nervous until the final vote on Wed....I just don't trust those Rats...
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Dersh may be correct, "technically," but history records "Impeached."  And I still think Trump will wear that proudly.

There will be a gigantic asterisk about the impeachment with its anticonstitutional process in the House and the illegitimate articles.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There will be a gigantic asterisk about the impeachment with its anticonstitutional process in the House and the illegitimate articles.

And, if as expected, constant Impeachment is the new normal when the opposite Party controls the House, the asterisk will fade away...like a prison tat on a 75 year old biker chick.
I will NOT comply.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
History books are written, published, and purchased, almost exclusively by Liberal Democrats.
They will always list him as an impeached President whether it is true or not.
Liberals are not worried so much about 'truth'. You can see that now with all the crap they write about history.
White people are always BAD; Colored people are always innocent angels.
Their primary interest is always about the Communist agenda.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

I wouldn't worry about Bolton.  I expect his book will be published despite Trump's efforts to block it and he'll make a ton of money,.  Even if the book is not published, he will be in demand for talk shows and such.  I don't expect Bolton will need a GoFundMe page anytime soon. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And, if as expected, constant Impeachment is the new normal when the opposite Party controls the House, the asterisk will fade away...like a prison tat on a 75 year old biker chick.

"Impeachment" has not impaired BJ Clinton

He's made very lucrative speeches, benefitted from his family "foundation, and visited Pedophile Island.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

No,but he will always be someone who was put on trial for murder. Impeachment is the political equivalent of a criminal trial.

I always thought being impeached was the same thing as being convicted,but I was wrong. In political terms,it is the equivalent of being under suspicion of having committed a crime. The vote next week will be the equivalent of having the jury announce a verdict.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No...of course not....but I was taught that when you are impeached in the House that stays with you as impeached Johnson and Clinton....so now I don't know what to believe..lol

@mystery-ak   Impeached is a political term that is the equivalent of being indicted and put on trial by Congress.  You then go before the Senate,which is the equivalent of a jury. If they find you guilty,you are removed from office. If they don't find you guilty,nothing at all happens to you.

Just like the person that was indicted,put on trial,and found Not Guilty will forever have been charged with a crime and put on trial,a President is forever know to have been indicted for a crime or crimes,but found to be "not guilty" by the US Senate.  "Indicted,but not convicted".

Consider Congress to be the equivalent of a Grand Jury,and the US Senate to be the equivalent of a federal courtroom with multiple judges,and maybe it will make more sense. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:48:14 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@austingirl

Knowing Trump a little better now,I am guessing he will be bragging about that in the future,and bragging about beating it and going on to crush the Dims. He will see that asterisk by his name in the history books as a mark of honor.