Author Topic: CPAC says Romney 'not invited' this year after vote at Trump trial  (Read 530 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CPAC says Romney 'not invited' this year after vote at Trump trial
By Tal Axelrod - 01/31/20 07:30 PM EST

Leaders of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Friday night formally disinvited Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) from attending the event next month over his vote to approve additional witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial.

"The 'extreme conservative' and Junior Senator from the great state of Utah, @SenatorRomney is formally NOT invited to #CPAC2020,” tweeted Matt Schlapp, the head of the American Conservative Union, which puts on the annual GOP confab.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/480979-cpac-romney-formally-not-invited-this-year
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: CPAC says Romney 'not invited' this year after vote at Trump trial
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 12:53:55 am »
Collins and Romney should be shunned..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 04:43:59 am »

I'd love for Trump to refer to Mittens, going forward, as the "Junior Senator from Utah."   Don't even acknowledge the guy's name.  Label him for what he is ... one of the least tenured and respected members of the Senate Republican Conference.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 04:48:39 am »
I'd love for Trump to refer to Mittens, going forward, as the "Junior Senator from Utah."   Don't even acknowledge the guy's name.  Label him for what he is ... one of the least tenured and respected members of the Senate Republican Conference.
Or just refer to him as "Pierre Delecto."

Offline darroll

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 07:15:31 pm »
Makes a person wonder what Mitten is loosing with Trump in office.

It can't be that Trump actually told off a liberal instead of joining one.. 22chief

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 08:14:04 pm »
"Conservative"
 **nononono*
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 08:17:39 pm »
The part of all of this that baffles me is Mike Lee defending Romney after the vote.

That vote didn't take "guts" as Lee stated.  That was the cowards way out.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 08:21:28 pm »
A tale.
In 1964 Dullard's Old Man George was part of a cabal of Lefties who actively campaigned
against Barry Goldwater, R nominee and a Principled Conservative, insuring his defeat by Johnson.
The current fraud/hustler is more of the same!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 09:02:38 pm »
The part of all of this that baffles me is Mike Lee defending Romney after the vote.

That vote didn't take "guts" as Lee stated.  That was the cowards way out.

More than one were just voting to get it over and save their asses.

CPAC was all in when it was Romney running for President.  I don't think there are too many real Conservatives left in the Republican party.  Certainly Romney never was.  But oh, Romney was pushed on us.  Dud!   And McCain too.  Dud! 

If there is a Conservative where are they in the era of "Workers Party"?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:05:42 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 09:14:07 pm »
Slam from 2010

CPAC: Home of the White RINOS!
DIARY / mikenad //
Posted at 11:56 am on February 19, 2010 by mikenad

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

I only saw a little bit of CPAC and was not impressed by the White RINOS like George Will and Mitt Romney. I have always hated most print media conservatives, except for Charles Krauthammer and Bill Kristol. George Will has always struck me as a RINO and an elitist snob that hates religious and social conservatives. The RINO fraud George Will, who hates two-thirds of all conservatives. Will and his toupee hate religious conservatives and have pushed progressivism on the Republican party. Will is absolutely a progressive republican that has a history of being anti-religion and anti-religious conservative.

CPAC’s poster boy is the reformed white RINO, Mitt Romney. I would not vote for Romney even in the General Election and think Romney would be another unsatisfying, uninspired RINO like Bob Dole, Gerald Ford, and John McCain. Romney is actually a more uninspired choice than McCain. CPAC also featured the newest White RINO, Scott Brown. Romney is weak and a poor defender of conservatism. That has been virtually silent for the last year and has been punch-less in attacking Obama and the Democrats. It is safe to come out Mitt. Mitt is no Jim DeMint. Romney is to the left of Charlie Crist and Kay Bailey Hutchison. Romney and Will should go have a RINO convention in Maine with Olympia Snowe, and save CPAC for real conservatives like DeMint, Rubio, Breitbart, and Cheney.

https://www.redstate.com/diary/mikenad/2010/02/19/cpac-home-of-the-white-rinos/

More:

Trump Skipping CPAC Shows He’s A Phony And A Coward
Posted at 10:30 am on March 5, 2016 by Jay Caruso

https://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/03/05/trump-skipping-cpac/

Patriot fireworks

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+patriot+fireworks&view=detail&mid=E959A3FF81EB479989CEE959A3FF81EB479989CE&FORM=VIRE
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:25:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 10:37:33 pm »

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 01:10:27 am »
The R Party never had anything to do w/principled conservatism!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:14:12 am by Absalom »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 01:16:20 am »
The R Party never had anything to do w/principled conservatism!!!

Reagan...Goldwater...Ted Cruz and William F. Buckley would strongly and correctly disagree with you on that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 01:37:31 am »
I use to spend a lot of time here defending Romney.  I take all of it back. What he did was an abomination, carrying the water for the Democrats, and it would not surprise me if he voted along with them during the acquittal vote. Screw you Mittens.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 03:05:19 am »
Reagan...Goldwater...Ted Cruz and William F. Buckley would strongly and correctly disagree with you on that.

Ben Sasse is Conservative

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 03:23:15 am »
I use to spend a lot of time here defending Romney.  I take all of it back. What he did was an abomination, carrying the water for the Democrats, and it would not surprise me if he voted along with them during the acquittal vote. Screw you Mittens.

Don't feel bad.  I used to defend him as well.  Since he's taken the Senate seat I've been disgusted with him and you are absolutely correct; what he did was a complete abomination.  Shame on him. 

Good to see you posting in here.  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 03:38:42 am »

Romney was an awful presidential candidate in 2012.  On another site, I had people trying to browbeat me into voting for him to "save" us from another 4 years of Obama.   Someone almost persuaded me to change my mind till about a day or two before the election when I heard Romney promise a crowd that, if elected, he would institute yet another government jobs program.  That was it.  Why in the hell would I vote for another version of Obama -- only with lighter skin and an "R" after his name?

And people say he wants to run again, maybe in 2024?  Not just no, but HELL NO!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 04:25:32 am »
Good for them! Good to see some people still maintain standards.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 05:56:19 am »
Romney is the kind of guy who will do everything within his power to sabotage the Trump's reelection, and then if Trump loses, claim he was right for saying that Trump couldn't win.  In fact, I suspect he'd have a lot of company in that self-congratulatory, self-fulfilling prophecy camp if that happens,

Offline Absalom

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2020, 08:06:21 pm »
---------------------------------------
A demurral.
The R's were an anti-slavery party and represented the Northern Mercantile Class,
which evolved into the Industrial/corporate class.
It's pillars included Strong Centralized Government, Trade Protectionism to protect
our "infant industries" as described by that Ohio moron McKinley and Judicial Activism.
During its 70 year ascendancy from Johnson to Hoover, these pillars created modern governance.
Buckley, Goldwater and Reagan were conservatives first and R's last.
As for Cruz, he's a talker.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 08:09:16 pm by Absalom »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2020, 08:55:50 pm »
Didn't Buckley's brother have to run on a third party to get elected to the Senate?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 09:01:56 pm »
Didn't Buckley's brother have to run on a third party to get elected to the Senate?

WFB? 

Back in the late '60's I was an 10 - 11 y.o. watching Firing Line.  Man the grownups thought I was wierd. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2020, 10:06:57 pm »
--------------------
James was the Conservative Party candidate.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2020, 01:41:40 am »

James Buckley.

Ran on the Conservative Party ticket in NY State.  Lost twice...won once.  Ran and lost to Chris Dodd in the general election in CT after he moved there.