Author Topic: Taylor Swift skipped the Grammys because they couldn’t guarantee she’d win  (Read 631 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://pagesix.com/2020/01/30/taylor-swift-skipped-the-grammys-because-they-couldnt-guarantee-shed-win/

Multiple sources have confirmed to Page Six that Swift’s team talked to show bigwigs a few days before the live event and said that Swift would only attend and perform if she was to win a big Grammy. But Swift’s team was told the winners are not known to those planning the show, and they would not bend the rules for her.

“[Her team] called and wanted to be assured that she would win the Grammy. And while it wasn’t an explicit demand, they certainly were fishing to find out if Taylor was a winner. It was understood in the conversation that if she’s not winning, she’s not coming to the Grammys,” one insider said.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

Typical Democrat.

Offline dfwgator

Can they give back that award to Beyonce, like Kanye asked all those years ago?

Offline berdie

What a brat.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Can they give back that award to Beyonce, like Kanye asked all those years ago?
Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

What a brat.

She's a long long way from where she came from... Well actually no. She came from money, and a set of parents willing to move to Nashville to push her in when she was pre-teen... So maybe not.

Plastic Country Barbie.. Not Faith Hill

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have never "gotten" Taylor Swift. She is pretty enough,and I have seen her singing on tv at least a dozen times. The thing is,that once she quits singing,I can't remember a single word she sang,or if she sang it well.

"Bland" is the word that comes to mind.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
McCountry....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

I have yet to hear one line of anything Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, Justin Bieber, or a raft of other so-called top stars have warbled. At least knowingly. I could have heard them in a restaurant and not realized who they were. The wife doesn't know them either.
The big question: is my life a lot worse off for never having heard any of these super famous  people?
I think not. My musical tastes are very electic: r&r up to the nineties,  classical, folk, ragtime, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole, Patsy Cline,  the great American songbook, south American music from the Andes.  I like  a lot of different music.
My personal opinion (and whose else would it be?) is that all the great music has been made before these people came along.
I haven't heard anything over the restaurant speakers or other places that play modern popular music that I thought was semi-decent in the last twenty year. The wife and I have had to sit through  hundreds of hours of listening to modern rock and roll, country, or popular music without hearing one that we thought was a winner.
Millennials have musical taste up their kiesters. The age of good popular music is over.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have yet to hear one line of anything Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, Justin Bieber, or a raft of other so-called top stars have warbled.

@goatprairie

You sure missed the boat on Adele. Best damn voice I have ever heard,and one of the best songwriters to ever be born.

At least knowingly. I could have heard them in a restaurant and not realized who they were. The wife doesn't know them either.
The big question: is my life a lot worse off for never having heard any of these super famous  people?

Yes. Adele.

BTW,for those of you reading this who are sane,I have great news. Adele is getting divorced,and coming out with a new album! You just know that after a fresh divorce,it's really going to be something special.

My personal opinion (and whose else would it be?) is that all the great music has been made before these people came along.

"You damn kids,get out of my yard!"?

I haven't heard anything over the restaurant speakers or other places that play modern popular music

That's laughable. You MIGHT just be a LITTLE out of touch with reality if you think places like restaurants play unedited popular music. The closest they come is what I call "Quaalude Music",guaranteed to not even get anyone excited enough to tap their feet.

Millennials have musical taste up their kiesters. The age of good popular music is over.

I remember when geezers were saying the same thing back when people like Sam Cooke and Roy Orbinson were singing.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:26:45 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!