Author Topic: Watson worker injured in blast sues company for negligence  (Read 317 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Watson worker injured in blast sues company for negligence
« on: January 31, 2020, 02:57:03 pm »
Houston Chronicle by  Perla Trevizo Jan. 30, 2020

On Monday, Rangel filed a lawsuit against the company alleging it ignored known safety risks before the massive Jan. 24 explosion, specifically, that it failed to properly maintain and repair equipment and to adequately train or employ individuals.

He seeks more than $1 million in damages including for future and past medical expenses, pain, suffering and mental anguish, as well as past and future wage loss.

Rangel was part of a crew of about a dozen thermal sprayers that used propylene as part of a process to coat metal surfaces to protect them so they last longer in oil field or mining operations.

He still doesn’t know the extent of his injuries. Glass got into his ears and his eyes. Underneath the black patch over his left eye are stitches shutting it close. Doctors need that to heal before they know the extent of the damage.

“My head is pounding,” he said. “I can’t sleep. I see Frankie, I mean … I’m not good.”

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Watson-worker-injured-in-blast-sues-company-for-15018379.php