Author Topic: Federal judge orders Texas officials to comply with National Voter Registration Act  (Read 451 times)

Online corbe

Federal judge orders Texas officials to comply with National Voter Registration Act

By J. Edward Moreno - 01/30/20 07:32 PM EST

A federal judge in San Antonio on Thursday ordered the Texas Department of Public Safety to register three voters based on their online driver’s license address.

Lawyers for Jarrod Stringer, the lead plaintiff in the suit, argued that Texas was violating the National Voter Registration Act, which requires states to allow eligible voters to complete voter registration when they obtain or renew their driver's license.

The ruling from U.S. District Court Judge Orlando Garcia, a Clinton appointee, requires the state to allow the voters to register by Monday, Feb. 3, the deadline to register to vote in the March 3 state primary.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/480800-us-court-orders-texas-dps-to-comply-with-national-voter-registration-act
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
See you at the 5th circuit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
See you at the 5th circuit!

Stakes are high.  Wonder how many illegals would added to the registration rolls if they are successful.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Stakes are high.  Wonder how many illegals would added to the registration rolls if they are successful.

Not going to happen.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When I read the National Voter Registration Act, https://www.justice.gov/crt/about-national-voter-registration-act

It appears that it cites the federal DOJ to bring civil action against the state for failure to comply.  The action in the article appears to be solely by the defendant and attorneys.

I wonder if the judge is stepping out of bounds?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington