Author Topic: White House plans to use State of the Union for impeachment victory lap  (Read 1159 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House plans to use State of the Union for impeachment victory lap
by Rob Crilly
 | January 30, 2020 04:00 PM

The White House is putting next week’s State of the Union address at the center of plans to celebrate President Trump’s impeachment acquittal, with what is intended to be an uplifting message that he is ready to work with Democrats on big-ticket items.

Trump allies say they do not want to prejudge the outcome of the Senate trial and vote. But they are increasingly confident it will be finished in time to use Tuesday’s speech to mark the outcome.

Although an Oval Office address and campaign rallies have been floated as part of an impeachment victory lap, the timing makes the pomp and ceremony of the State of the Union the natural place to begin the next phase of Trump’s presidency, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

That will include an appeal to Democrats to end their feuding and to work together for the American people.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house-plans-to-use-state-of-the-union-for-impeachment-victory-lap
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: White House plans to use State of the Union for impeachment victory lap
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 11:00:09 pm »
I don't think that they should plan on anything just yet -- Trump hasn't been acquitted and anything can still happen.

Secondly, does he really want to do a victory lap?  Unnecessary.  What I believe he needs to do is accurately proclaim his accomplishments and lay out what he wants to accomplish for America in the next year and when he's re-elected.  I believe that will be much better than wasting anymore time on impeachment.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 01:37:51 am »
I don't think that they should plan on anything just yet -- Trump hasn't been acquitted and anything can still happen.

Secondly, does he really want to do a victory lap?  Unnecessary.  What I believe he needs to do is accurately proclaim his accomplishments and lay out what he wants to accomplish for America in the next year and when he's re-elected.  I believe that will be much better than wasting anymore time on impeachment.

He'll mention it in passing, I don't see how he could resist.  Wastes maybe 20-30 seconds of the speech.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dancer

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 10:30:06 am »
As well he should.  If anyone deserves a victory lap, it's Donald Trump.   :patriot:

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 11:39:08 am »
He'll mention it in passing, I don't see how he could resist.  Wastes maybe 20-30 seconds of the speech.   :shrug:

His speech has been leaked.

Na na na na Na na.

That is all.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 11:42:18 am »

As well he should.  If anyone deserves a victory lap, it's Donald Trump.   :patriot:

:thumbsup:

I Agree. But, I think the president will also use the opportunity of the State of the Union to invite the democrats back into service for the country, to join him in solving problems for Americans. He will reach out to anyone willing to work with him, republican or democrat.

Because that’s the kind of man and president he is.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 01:30:37 pm »
Unnamed sources, so maybe, maybe not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 01:56:04 pm »
Secondly, does he really want to do a victory lap?  ...

I'm reasonably sure Trump does -- because that's the way he is.  He loves being portrayed as the innocent beset by enemies and now he can say he vanquished those enemies.  This presidency has been television drama and now he's the hero.  And really, this is what many of his supporters want to hear. I doubt they really care about the issues.  Seems to me they didn't care that he didn't keep most of his campaign promises, so why would they care about the issues now?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 02:55:57 pm »
I still think he should tape one of his rallies in which he describes his accomplishments and plans and send that tape to Congress saying he believes House and Senate Dems make speaking before Congress unsafe. :smokin:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 03:02:25 pm »
So, will Nana Pelosi invite him to enter the House' chamber to give the State of the Union?  I don't think she did last year. 

Wherever it is given, it's bound to be a great speech!   :patriot:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 04:11:25 pm »
Honestly, I believe we should go back to the days when the SOTU was a written report.  Used to watch every SOTU address, no matter who was president.  But starting with Obama,  I avoided the SOTU because it had come nothing more than political posturing and a big waste of time.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 04:28:19 pm »

Can't Wait!    :beer:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 04:34:52 pm »
I'm reasonably sure Trump does -- because that's the way he is.  He loves being portrayed as the innocent beset by enemies and now he can say he vanquished those enemies.  This presidency has been television drama and now he's the hero.  And really, this is what many of his supporters want to hear. I doubt they really care about the issues.  Seems to me they didn't care that he didn't keep most of his campaign promises, so why would they care about the issues now?

Rick Wilson, is that you?   We Trump supporting mouth-breathers are just rubes who can't find Ukraine on a map?  Right?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 04:50:54 pm »
I really think he should take Pelosi's statement that she's going to "delay" the SOTU as a cancellation of any address before the House. 

Make firm arrangements to give the address elsewhere, and make it available by live feed to Congress.  Then send a transcript and DVD's to each member.

He also could ask McConnell if he can do his address in the Senate chambers, and any member of the House who wishes to observe can do so by television feed, or perhaps let any who wish to attend sit in the Senate Gallery.   Not a lot of room up there, but I suspect a lot of Democrats would love to make a statement by boycotting the address.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2020, 04:58:57 pm »
I really think he should take Pelosi's statement that she's going to "delay" the SOTU as a cancellation of any address before the House. 

Make firm arrangements to give the address elsewhere, and make it available by live feed to Congress.  Then send a transcript and DVD's to each member.

He also could ask McConnell if he can do his address in the Senate chambers, and any member of the House who wishes to observe can do so by television feed, or perhaps let any who wish to attend sit in the Senate Gallery.   Not a lot of room up there, but I suspect a lot of Democrats would love to make a statement by boycotting the address.

He should send Ipods pre-loaded with his speeches, like O'Bastard did with the Queen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 05:14:43 pm »
He should send Ipods pre-loaded with his speeches, like O'Bastard did with the Queen.

Yeah, I remember that. I wonder how long it took the queen to listen to all the speeches?

That was a joke, she probably didn’t give his speechifying a second thought before throwing the iPods in the back of her junk drawer.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2020, 05:20:34 pm »
Rick Wilson, is that you?   We Trump supporting mouth-breathers are just rubes who can't find Ukraine on a map?  Right?

Don't bother. Some folks will continue to flail at Trump and his supporters till the cows come home. It cannot be stopped.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 05:30:01 pm »
#nevertrumpers HERE, sound like democrats and the media.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 05:43:09 pm »
#nevertrumpers HERE, sound like democrats and the media.

Yes, and we are all enemies of the state and traitors too.  Pfffft!

Just can't stand to hear or read anything contrary to Trump.  Maybe because it's too close to the truth?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 05:50:04 pm »

Just can't stand to hear or read anything contrary to Trump.  Maybe because it's too close to the truth?

Maybe people don't fit nicely into either of the two proffered boxes?   All-in-for-Trump is one box, the other is I-hate-everything-about-Trump.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 06:47:44 pm »

AND like democrats and the media, #nevertrumpers HERE frequently engage in mind reading.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 07:50:53 pm »

Robots.  Must defend.  Must defend. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dancer

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 11:33:18 pm »

888high58888

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2020, 11:51:38 pm »
Maybe people don't fit nicely into either of the two proffered boxes?   All-in-for-Trump is one box, the other is I-hate-everything-about-Trump.

That ain't right. Few here 'hate' Tump.
I certainly don't.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 12:11:14 am »
That ain't right. Few here 'hate' Tump.
I certainly don't.

I know you don't.  You are a great example of the fallacy of the two boxes.  In fact, I could count on one hand the occupants of those two, combined.  Nobody else fits.
I will NOT comply.