Author Topic: Canada: Elections commissioner targets Rebel Media’s Ezra Levant (questioned for writing negatively  (Read 346 times)

Offline mountaineer

Elections commissioner targets Rebel Media’s Ezra Levant
Jason Unrau

The Rebel and its founder Ezra Levant are under investigation for releasing and promoting an anti-Liberal book during the federal election while “failing to register as a third party”, according to a letter from lawyers for Commissioner of Canada Elections Yves Cote.

“Rebel News contravened the (Canada Elections) Act…having incurred over $500 on elections advertising expenses,” writes commissioner lawyer Mylene Gigou in the December 9, 2019 missive.   ...
The Post Millennial

Canadian journalist Levant tweeted yesterday:
Ezra Levant  🍁 @ezralevant
🚨PLEASE RETWEET, PLEASE HELP 🚨
I wrote a book criticizing Justin Trudeau. Now police are investigating me.
I was interrogated for an hour by two federal agents.
BUT I SECRETLY RECORDED MY INTERROGATION ON VIDEO: https://youtube.com/watch?v=V__GmSk24qw .

8:40 PM · Jan 29, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

He explains further on his website, Rebel News:
PLEASE HELP: RCMP agents just interrogated me for an hour about my Justin Trudeau book (and I videotaped it).

Ezra Levant (January 29, 2020):

I wrote a best-selling book about Justin Trudeau in the last election.

After the election, I received a letter by registered mail notifying me that I was being investigated for that book. Trudeau’s elections commissioner claimed it was an illegal campaign activity and demanded that I submit to an interrogation.

So I went to Elections Canada’s Ottawa headquarters last week, where I was grilled for an hour by two 30-year veterans of the RCMP — and they refused to rule out a police raid on Rebel News headquarters!

Except they didn’t know I videotaped the whole thing.

Here, take a look:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Now, the government says I’m guilty for two reasons:

• Because I chose to publish my Trudeau book during the election; and
• Because I refused to “register” my book with the government

But if those are crimes, then I’m guilty — except this is Canada, not North Korea. And writing books about politicians isn’t a crime.

And then there’s the small detail that 23 other authors published books about Trudeau during the election. But not a single one of them is being investigated by Trudeau’s staff.

This is Trudeau’s latest attempt to censor his toughest critics, Rebel News.  ...
Read more at Rebel News

source

Offline mountaineer

Rebel News  @RebelNewsOnline

Elections Commission interrogators ask @EzraLevant  why he wanted volunteers with:  “...a certain view on Trudeau and Gerald Butts and believe in free speech and are embarrassed by the Prime Minister Trudeau in blackface.”

3:03 PM · Jan 30, 2020
Why is it that only leftwingers can get away with blackface? Geez, I'd guess Trudeau and Virginia Gov. Northam have bought up all the blackface makeup in North America.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Canada -- no "first amendment" protections there, at all.
We should have invaded and taken that place over in the last century.
(not kidding)