Author Topic: God's Anointed Leader Isn't Always What We Expect  (Read 95 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
God's Anointed Leader Isn't Always What We Expect
« on: January 28, 2020, 02:25:22 pm »
January 28, 2020
God's Anointed Leader Isn't Always What We Expect
By Michelle Fitzpatrick Thomas

Much has been spoken and written lately regarding the evangelical community's feelings toward President Trump, especially since the Christianity Today editorial calling for his removal from office was published last month.  Many evangelicals continue to support him wholeheartedly because he has proven repeatedly that he can be trusted to keep his campaign promises and to govern faithfully and conservatively.  Others vow never to support him because they feel that he "embodies the anti-Christian ethic."

President Trump certainly has a "colorful" past, and that is the key reason why I did not support him in the Republican presidential primary of 2016.  I just couldn't imagine a man of his moral failings representing this nation and becoming the leader of the free world.  However, when it ultimately came down to a choice between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton on November 8, it was a no-brainer.  I would have crawled on my hands and knees to the polls, if necessary, to vote against her.  That's exactly what my vote was at that time — a vote against Hillary Clinton.

It turns out, however, that millions of us who held our noses and voted for Trump have been quite pleasantly surprised by his ardent support of the values and policies that we hold dear.  He has been the most pro-life president in the history of our nation, and he was the first president ever to attend the annual March for Life on Capitol Hill.  He has been a true friend to small business–owners; he has appointed hundreds of wonderful federal judges; he is defending religious liberty; he is improving our international trade relationships; and among many other accomplishments, he is making our military stronger and our nation safer.  Despite all of these successes, many persist in demanding the removal of President Trump because they dislike how he conducts himself.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/gods_anointed_leader_isnt_always_what_we_expect.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: God's Anointed Leader Isn't Always What We Expect
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 03:19:59 pm »
It turns out, however, that millions of us who held our noses and voted for Trump have been quite pleasantly surprised by his ardent support of the values and policies that we hold dear.  He has been the most pro-life president in the history of our nation, and he was the first president ever to attend the annual March for Life on Capitol Hill.  He has been a true friend to small business–owners; he has appointed hundreds of wonderful federal judges; he is defending religious liberty; he is improving our international trade relationships; and among many other accomplishments, he is making our military stronger and our nation safer. 

Don't ya just HATE it when that happens?

Despite all of these successes, many persist in demanding the removal of President Trump because they dislike how he conducts himself.

The "Holier than Thou" crowd,mostly "mature" women. Issac Assimov had a librarian at the school he attended that was one of these creatures that damned everything in the name of her loving God. IIRC,he used the short-cut "Mrs Grundy" to identify those following in her footsteps.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!