Author Topic: Female prisoner dies after guards ‘did not stop her being beaten with soap bars’  (Read 812 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Female prisoner dies after guards ‘did not stop her being beaten with soap bars’ Nicole Rathmann was due to be released just five days after death

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nicole-rathmann-prison-death-mississippi-attack-soap-correctional-facility-a9301556.html?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=Feed

A female prisoner died after guards did not intervene while she was being beaten with a sock filled with bars of soap, it is claimed in a lawsuit set to be heard in the US.

Nicole Rathmann was attacked by another inmate as she lay on her bunk at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility.

But prison wardens allegedly allowed the beating to happen without intervening.

“During the course of this unconstitutional assault, not one single jail guard or official attempted to stop the attack,...

More at link...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Beaten to death with a sack of soap bars?  Novel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

A bar of soap in a sock is a VERY good substitute for a sap.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

A bar of soap in a sock is a VERY good substitute for a sap.

They hand out bars the size of a Motel 6 soap in jail.  She would have had to collect a bunch of them to make a decent sap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They hand out bars the size of a Motel 6 soap in jail.  She would have had to collect a bunch of them to make a decent sap.

@Cyber Liberty

It's no problem to "weld" partial bars together when they are wet,and after they set up,they are as solid as concrete.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
unconstitutional assault

As opposed to.....
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline PeteS in CA

As opposed to.....

I also though that phrase bizarre. Guards have a duty to oversee prisoners' safety - a reasonable duty, not absolute guarantors. So this case is likely to come down to:

1. Could guards have meaningfully interrupted the assault;

2. Did the guards respond timely to the woman's injury.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Full Metal Jacket.....Part I
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

Not at all... A toob sock with a couple rolls of quarters in it will mess you up big-time. Same thing. Old Skool.

Online Smokin Joe

Not at all... A toob sock with a couple rolls of quarters in it will mess you up big-time. Same thing. Old Skool.
A pool ball in a beanie works, too.... :whistle:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

A pool ball in a beanie works, too.... :whistle:

That sounds more like the voice of experience than the voice of reason...  happy77 :whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@Cyber Liberty

It's no problem to "weld" partial bars together when they are wet,and after they set up,they are as solid as concrete.
Just don't drop them in the process. :smokin:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline darroll

The guards would of been charged with something sexual if they got near her.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Waden and all guards involved should be terminated and charged with accessory to murder.

Online Smokin Joe

That sounds more like the voice of experience than the voice of reason...  happy77 :whistle:
You have to have a good reason to gain that experience. Improvise and overcome... :shrug: :whistle:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

You have to have a good reason to gain that experience. Improvise and overcome... :shrug: :whistle:

:silly:

That's right.  happy77

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I will go out on a limb here and guess the guards in question are women.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I will go out on a limb here and guess the guards in question are women.

@Sighlass

I have had several friends that worked as prison guards,and my understanding is there are women guards in male prisons,and male guards in women's prisons. Nobody says anything about it,but I am guessing the male guards are VERY reluctant to grab a female inmate,though. The lawsuits would be never-ending.

Online Smokin Joe

@Sighlass

I have had several friends that worked as prison guards,and my understanding is there are women guards in male prisons,and male guards in women's prisons. Nobody says anything about it,but I am guessing the male guards are VERY reluctant to grab a female inmate,though. The lawsuits would be never-ending.
Men are generally not programmed to respond to a vicious, aggressive, no holds barred female.

It isn't there, it's awkward, and not responding appropriately can lead to serious injury. Responding appropriately can lead to a lawsuit. Same with propositions, damned if you do, and accused if you don't.
It's a no-win deal for a straight guy.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Men are generally not programmed to respond to a vicious, aggressive, no holds barred female.

It isn't there, it's awkward, and not responding appropriately can lead to serious injury. Responding appropriately can lead to a lawsuit. Same with propositions, damned if you do, and accused if you don't.
It's a no-win deal for a straight guy.

@Absolutely. You are nuts if you even talk to a female inmate unless there is a female guard with you . If there is anybody that knows how to "Game the system",it is inmates. They have nothing else to do all day but plot scams.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:09:51 am by sneakypete »

Online Smokin Joe

@Absolutely. You are nuts if you even talk to a female inmate unless there is a female guard with you . If there is anybody that knows how to "Game the system",it is inmates. They have nothing else to do all day but plot scams.
While many may not be 'book smart', they are cunning and scheming, and like you said, they have lots of time on their hands.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
She was a pretty lady at one time... wonder who her attackers were? Who if anyone was charged with murder? Or is it too unPC now days to say?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 12:58:41 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....