Author Topic: Durbin pushes back on Dershowitz claims: 'Give me a break professor'  (Read 153 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin pushes back on Dershowitz claims: 'Give me a break professor'
By Rebecca Klar - 01/28/20 08:58 AM EST

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) on Tuesday criticized one of President Trump’s impeachment defense lawyers, Alan Dershowitz, for his suggestion that it would not be helpful to have former White House national security advisor John Bolton testify during the Senate trial.

Part of Dershowitz’s argument before the Senate on Monday night centered on the fact that even if Bolton’s accusations that Trump tied aid to Ukraine to investigations of political rivals, reported as part of a leaked manuscript of his forthcoming memoir, are true, the alleged actions wouldn’t “constitute an impeachable offense.” He added that this meant there is no need for Bolton to testify before the Senate.

Durbin fired back in an appearance on CNN, saying that Bolton testifying is the "best way for us to have an outcome in this trial that is credible."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/480226-durbin-pushes-back-on-dershowitz-claims-give-me-a-break-professor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Durbin pushes back on Dershowitz claims: 'Give me a break professor'
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:24:32 pm »
...outcome in this trial that is credible...
:bigsilly:

Offline skeeter

Re: Durbin pushes back on Dershowitz claims: 'Give me a break professor'
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 02:45:04 pm »
The Hill sure has a whole bunch of "So-and-so fires back..." articles ready to roll for the defense presentation.

Which of course I didn't notice when the House managers were presenting their case