Author Topic: Rockets strike US Embassy in Baghdad, US official says  (Read 395 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rockets strike US Embassy in Baghdad, US official says
« on: January 27, 2020, 01:36:18 am »
Rockets strike US Embassy in Baghdad, US official says
By Barbara Starr and Jennifer Hansler, CNN

(CNN)Three rockets struck the US Embassy in Baghdad on Sunday, a US official told CNN.

The official said one person was injured in the attack, but that the injury was minor and the individual had since returned to duty.

A State Department spokesperson said Sunday evening that they "are aware of reports of rockets landing in the International Zone," but did not address the US embassy itself. The State Department did not respond to a query as to whether any embassy employees were injured.

Read more at:  https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/politics/rocket-hits-us-embassy-compound-baghdad/index.html

Some early reports said it did hit near the diner, they may be backtracking on that claim now. CNN did have that on their homepage still, minutes ago.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Rockets strike US Embassy in Baghdad, US official says
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 01:45:12 am »
Mike
@Doranimated
·
3h
Three of five Katyusha rockets reportedly hit the embassy dining room and caused a fire on the scene. So far, no deaths have been reported, but there do seem to be injuries. This is the first time that rocket fire hit the embassy directly. This crosses a Trump red line.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1221553405417730048

Okay, this talks about the dining room which seems to close for comfort.

The CNN story in the first post says, I believe, there was a minor injury and the soldier returned back to work. (?).

Again, Mike Doran seems to be a very informative account to follow.
https://twitter.com/Doranimated

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 02:01:29 pm »
Okay, this talks about the dining room which seems to close for comfort.

The CNN story in the first post says, I believe, there was a minor injury and the soldier returned back to work. (?).

Again, Mike Doran seems to be a very informative account to follow.
https://twitter.com/Doranimated

Sure strange this is getting such light coverage.  Guess MSM sees the impeachment farce and Kobe as being so much more important than our troops in harms way there.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:46:36 pm »
‘Direct Hit’ Reported as Rockets Target US Embassy in Baghdad

(Update: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Iraq’s prime minister in a phone call Monday that “continued assaults by Iran’s armed groups” against U.S. facilities “demonstrate a wanton disregard for Iraqi sovereignty and a failure to rein in these dangerous armed groups,” according to State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus.)

(CNSNews.com) – Several rockets targeted the U.S. Embassy in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, on Sunday evening, with some reportedly hitting the building itself for the first time in years.

The Iraq Security Media Cell, which falls under the office of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, reported that five Katyusha rockets had landed the city’s international “Green Zone,” causing no casualties.

The AFP news agency cited a security source as saying that three of the rocket launches achieved a “direct hit.” Security officials were also quoted as saying that the mission’s dining hall was struck.

A spokesman for U.S. Central Command said it was aware of the attack and that all Department of Defense personnel “are accounted for,”  referring further queries to the State Department.............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/direct-hit-reported-rockets-target-us-embassy-baghdad
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 09:20:26 pm »
What are we doing there?  Bush's nation building in Iraq was idiotic at best.  And now we have our folks in harm's way to what end?  Democracy in Iraq?  Really?  From my understanding of islam, democracy is against their religious beliefs.  Freedom is not in the vernacular of islam. 

They believe one religion, one leader, and zero tolerance of anything else.  So again, what the f are we doing in the middle east?  Squandering our treasury and losing the blood of our youth for no good purpose.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 09:27:28 pm »
merged...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34