Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz Explains the One 'Critical Mistake' House Dems Made in Their Arguments  (Read 244 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Townhall by Beth Baumann 1/26/2020

Following the president's defense team's presentation on Saturday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) appeared on "Justice with Judge Jeanine" to discuss what he saw and his expectations for the trial's future.

"I think it was gratifying that, number one, it was the first time the president has had his legal team to defend him," Cruz explained. "Throughout this whole proceeding in the House, they wouldn't let the president defend himself. Finally, today, we got that."

"Secondly, I think every senator is grateful for the neverending argument, the 24 hours of nonstop from the House managers, is over," the Texas senator said. "As their closing argument ended last night, I sense, and I think the sense of a lot of people, is they failed to prove their case. Today, I think, the president's lawyers did an effective job pointing out just how selective the Democrats'] quotations were from the record, how much they left out."

Cruz said he believes House impeachment managers "made a critical mistake because the central element of their argument is the proposition that [the call] was baseless, that it was frivolous, to want to investigate Burisma, the Ukrainian natural gas company, and whether or not Joe Biden and Hunter Biden – remember [Burisma] was paying Hunter a million bucks a year – and Joe Biden pressured Ukraine, threatened a billion dollars in aid, to force Ukraine to fire the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma, the company that was paying Hunter," Cruz explained.

"The complete and total answer is there was overwhelming evidence of corruption and a president is always justified – in fact has a responsibility – to investigate corruption," he said. "The fundamental argument that disposes of this case, that makes clear the president did nothing that is impeachable, is he has the authority to investigate corruption."

More: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/01/26/watch-sen-ted-cruz-explains-the-one-critical-mistake-house-dems-made-in-their-n2560127

Offline DB

And in fact the president would be negligent to hand over US taxpayer money to a corrupt government dealing with corrupt politicians. In addition Trump was only asking for an investigation. The Democrats keep telling us you have to have investigations to find out the truth when there's any appearance of wrong doing. So lets find out the truth.

Offline verga

Here is the problem as I see it. The dimmies will not learn their lesson unless they get a serious beating. Once Trump is acquitted they will immediately (If they haven't already) begin working on the next impeachment.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

Here is the problem as I see it. The dimmies will not learn their lesson unless they get a serious beating. Once Trump is acquitted they will immediately (If they haven't already) begin working on the next impeachment.

The problem as I see it -- the DEMS don't care.  They will push using any method that they can to win, and their voting base could care less either as long as Trump is removed and a DEM is seated.