Author Topic: Schiff: Justice Roberts should rule on relevance of Hunter Biden testimony  (Read 299 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schiff: Justice Roberts should rule on relevance of Hunter Biden testimony
By John Kruzel - 01/26/20 12:21 PM EST

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Sunday that Chief Justice John Roberts should rule on the relevance of Hunter Biden’s testimony if he is called at President Trump’s impeachment trial.

Schiff’s remarks on NBC’s Meet the Press come just days before a decision is expected on the pivotal issue of whether new witnesses and documents will be admitted at the Senate trial.

“We have a very capable justice sitting right behind me who can make decisions about the materiality of witnesses,” said Schiff, the lead House manager. “We trust the Supreme Court chief justice to make those decisions.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479980-schiff-justice-roberts-should-rule-on-relevance-of-hunter-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hey fullofSchift you have no one to blame but yourself as you mentioned both Biden's in one of your lectures opening the way for them to be called...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Evidentially Schiff feels Roberts is a man he can trust.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Schiff is full of Schiff!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey fullofSchift you have no one to blame but yourself as you mentioned both Biden's in one of your lectures opening the way for them to be called...

He opened that door....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

What we are witnessing is exactly what our Founders and Constitution sought to prevent: An impeachment of a President solely for political gain.  Prove this and then end it. 

One more witness does not support "fairness"; it supports the further weakening of the US Constitution by both Houses of Congress giving credibility to something that has already earned its place in the dustbin of our history.  Joe Biden is simply not important enough of a reason to risk further damage.

This impeachment is not about Joe Biden or his son; it's not about Ukraine.  It is now about ending the separation of powers unique to our form of government by permitting the abuse of Congressional power to become sacrosanct. 

If the President's attorneys do their job fully they will present a case to not only fully acquit the President of the charges against him--but to sufficiently set up the next final and critical stage in this drama:  An independent counsel's investigation into the activities of the missing fact witnesses:  Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, the "whistleblower" and his/her accomplices.

Do this and save our form of government.

Let the voters handle Joe Biden.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sounds to me like the Schiffhead thinks he has Roberts in the bag.

If not,that was a pretty foolish challenge for him to make.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Try it, Schifftyroo! The Dems' focus on The Phone Call makes Hunter's testimony and related evidence both relevant and potentially damaging (= fatal) to the House's case on article 1. Trump's team will point out that fact, and Roberts will likely concur.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Democrats and their base live in a postfactual “inner child” world  of fact-free enthusiasms and conniption fits. In their world, a Republican president they cannot manipulate to their will must be impeached and removed from office. That a Republican president must be stripped of his clear constitutional right to shape foreign policy instead of Democratic plants in the Civil Service. That words are not entitled to their clear and normal meanings but can be restated fraudulently to fit the removal goal. That Congress, not the President, can determine what constitutes executive privilege. That witnesses with no direct knowledge can impute whatever meaning they choose into the events and such hearsay and mind readings must be credited. That the House that decides whether to institute impeachment proceedings can, claiming urgency, speed through them in secret, deny the president the right to a defense and can keep hidden from him and his defenders evidence which totally exculpates him. That having expedited a star chamber proceeding, the Democratic House can then demand the right to drag out the process in the Senate under rules they, not the Senate, set. In sum, that none of the long-established guides to evidence and fairness and constitutional protections should be followed when Democrats have a multiyear temper tantrum because they lost status and power.

Yep!  That's about the size of it!

Quoted from: The Democrats' Cognitive Disorder
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien