Author Topic: US denies extradition request for Anne Sacoolas, diplomat's wife who allegedly hit, killed British t  (Read 353 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US denies extradition request for Anne Sacoolas, diplomat's wife who allegedly hit, killed British teen
Anne Sacoolas allegedly hit and killed Harry Dunn with her car.
By   Mark Osborne
January 23, 2020, 7:48 PM

The U.S. has denied an extradition request for Anne Sacoolas, the wife of an American diplomat who police say fatally struck a British teenager with her car as he was walking on the side of the road last August.

Sacoolas was formally charged with murder in December for allegedly hitting 19-year-old Harry Dunn in Northamptonshire, in central England. Sacoolas was charged by the Crown Protection Service with causing death by dangerous driving.

But it appears unlikely Sacoolas will face trial in the U.K. in the near future after a spokesman for the family confirmed U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had denied an extradition request.

Read more at: https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-denies-extradition-request-anne-sacoolas-diplomats-wife/story?id=68495080

I would choose never to drive over there because they drive on the opposite side, I don't know if I could ever become accustomed to that.

So, Pompeo denied the request. Sad story all the way around, my thoughts with the family.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I would choose never to drive over there because they drive on the opposite side, I don't know if I could ever become accustomed to that.

In the mid 70s a subordinate of mine, came back to SoCal after a time in England.

He had purchased and imported a RHD Porsdche 912.

I rode in the passenger seat, in LHD conditions, and it was wierd.

On one day in the 60s, Sweden changed from RHD to LHD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagen_H
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln