Author Topic: Veterans group demands apology from Trump over comments on brain injuries  (Read 4353 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Veterans group demands apology from Trump over comments on brain injuries
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2020, 03:18:59 am »
Well, as I said a hundred pages ago, I don't believe Trump has style or substance.  Perhaps I could put up with his rough edges if he did his job, but he hasn't.

By the way, since when is it a terrible thing to call out the president if appropriate?  Last I heard, we still have freedom of speech in this country.

Knock yourself out.

I'll continue to respond as is my right.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2020, 03:24:32 am »
That's the thing about getting rid of terrorists.  There is always another waiting to lead them.  Temporarily is right.  Yes it is Iran and they sure moved in once the troops were diminished in Iraq.  I feel the same today.  I want everyone's family to come home but ISIS is not 100% gone.  If we leave there will be a resurgence from Iran and ISIS.

I fear this will never end..at least in my lifetime....how do you eradicate evil....?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2020, 03:36:02 am »
I was one of those biddies...that group helped me get through 2 tours of Iraq for my husband and 1 tour for my son....and the same for @musiclady as her son was there when my husband was...if it wasn't for those *biddies* I would have lost my mind with worry

Amen!!  The support I got from you, and hopefully gave you in return has never left me.

In fact I was just with our son and we talked about the incredible support I got when Log Base Seitz was mortared while he was there.  I don’t know how I would have made it without that incredible group of patriots and friends.

And the support our son got from Mike at Ft. Campbell- amazing!

@mystery-ak
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2020, 03:36:59 am »
I fear this will never end..at least in my lifetime....how do you eradicate evil....?

You don't.
Eternal Vigilance.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2020, 03:39:55 am »

You don't! But you sure can slow it down! Read about how Thomas Jefferson handled the Barbary Pirates. It's quite instructive but I doubt we have the stomach for that these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2020, 03:39:58 am »
This president loves the US Military more than any past president has, and has done more for the US Military than past presidents have.  That's an indisputable fact.   And another fact.... the feeling is mutual.   MOST of the US Military loves Trump.... so nice try, no ceegar.  And yeah... compared to having a limb blown off or your guts hanging out.... TBIs aren't "as serious".   Get over it.
-------------------------------
Your assertions and indisputable facts are embarrassingly beyond absurd!!!
Some 24 Presidents served in our military, many w/distinguished war records, among
them; George Washington, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, US Grant, Zachary Taylor,
Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy; to name a third of them.
Trump's military contribution consisted of dodging the draft during the Vietnam war!!!!!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2020, 03:41:35 am »
I didn't know.  Sounds like you husband is home now?  Thank him for his service.  Thanks to all our troops who serve and their families who serve also as wives and husbands and have to worry about them while they are away.  To @musiclady also.  I appreciate you, and the things you have been through as a mother.   

The worst and the proudest time of my life.

@mystery-ak ’s husband was a literal Godsend for my husband and me.

Our son actually met up with him while he was driving convoys in the Sunni triangle.

(Don’t pay any attention to the bitter old man who lies incessantly about me.  He’s a sorry case....)

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2020, 03:42:02 am »
Some 24 Presidents served in our military, many w/distinguished war records, among
them; George Washington, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, US Grant, Zachary Taylor,
Trump's military contribution consisted of dodging the draft during the Vietnam war!!!!!

So how does that prevent him from loving the military @Absolom?  I seriously don't follow that reasoning.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2020, 03:45:11 am »

Evil that multiplies itself.  When you eradicate one, a hundred more ooze out of the slime...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2020, 03:46:26 am »

Sure seemed like a good idea after 9/11.  But that is the problem.  Seems like an impossible task.  Why I wasn't that enthusiastic about the ISIS guy or Soleimani.   There is always another one, and we open ourselves up for possible terrorism here.  Don't get me wrong.  I am glad they are both gone.  But I am realistic.  One man doesn't make an army. 

It would take all free countries to condemn the extremist Islam that fuels the terrorism. I don't see it happening. It is getting worse.  And hearing about Afghanistan really brings it home.  Trump trying to make peace with Taliban.  We haven't won anything and all those people will go right back to being stoned to death in the stadiums.  Having acid thrown in their faces and women not allowed to get education.  Because I don't believe for a minute that the Taliban has changes or will honor any agreement made.  What have we gotten?

And would the world condemn Sharia Law in a modern times where you would expect freedom?  Doesn't seem like it.  Most of Europe have accommodated Sharia Courts.  I read about what is happening in Europe and think what kind of backward world are we living in?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:49:16 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2020, 03:51:21 am »
Well, I look at it differently...I know you have seen action but it is hard being at home...hearing the news...every time a chopper went down my heart sank...and I waited for a phone call....luckily that call never came to me but it came to others that I knew....it is hard for those who sit and wait and having support from others really helped me.

I was told by the same guy attacking us on this thread that mothers of soldiers don’t have a right to speak because we haven’t actually been in combat.

I have never been so angry at any smear from anyone anywhere than when he told me my sacrifice meant NOTHING.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2020, 03:51:45 am »
So how does that prevent him from loving the military @Absolom?  I seriously don't follow that reasoning.
-------------------------
While I accept that Trump may indeed love the military;
I reject the inference that he is a heroic figure to the military.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2020, 03:53:53 am »
The worst and the proudest time of my life.

@mystery-ak ’s husband was a literal Godsend for my husband and me.

Our son actually met up with him while he was driving convoys in the Sunni triangle.

(Don’t pay any attention to the bitter old man who lies incessantly about me.  He’s a sorry case....)

That is so awesome musiclady.  Must have brought you great comfort.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2020, 03:54:27 am »
-------------------------
While I accept that Trump may indeed love the military;
I reject the inference that he is a heroic figure to the military.

OK! Thanks!  That makes far more sense to me although I tend to disagree simply because of what the military had to contend with for 8 long years prior to Trump's arrival.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2020, 03:56:16 am »
I was told by the same guy attacking us on this thread that mothers of soldiers don’t have a right to speak because we haven’t actually been in combat.

I have never been so angry at any smear from anyone anywhere than when he told me my sacrifice meant NOTHING.

If ever I felt like calling someone a nasty name it is now, but I won't.  What kind of person does that?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2020, 03:56:55 am »
That is so awesome musiclady.  Must have brought you great comfort.

It did.  The strength we gave each other (mostly that they gave ME) was unbelievable.

In fact , 17 years later it still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2020, 03:58:30 am »
If ever I felt like calling someone a nasty name it is now, but I won't.  What kind of person does that?

I don’t know.  Perhaps one who is lost in his own rage?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2020, 04:00:27 am »
It did.  The strength we gave each other (mostly that they gave ME) was unbelievable.

In fact , 17 years later it still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

I am sure it does.  That is a priceless friendship.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2020, 04:02:05 am »
I don’t know.  Perhaps one who is lost in his own rage?

That's true.  None of us really knows anything about each others lives unless they share.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2020, 04:05:16 am »
I am sure it does.  That is a priceless friendship.

It’s good to talk about it once in a while and reflect on how deep our friendship and how strong our bond really is.

Thanks for pinging me @mystery-ak , old, dear friend!!

(But I gotta say, neither one of us is, or ever was a ‘biddy!’  We’re both hot!  :cool:)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:32:39 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2020, 04:08:48 am »
That's true.  None of us really knows anything about each others lives unless they share.

True enough.

We can only make guesses based on their words.  What seems obvious may not be at the core of what’s really wrong with them.

I just know that those words dug deep and have never gone away....

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2020, 04:18:28 am »
True enough.

We can only make guesses based on their words.  What seems obvious may not be at the core of what’s really wrong with them.

I just know that those words dug deep and have never gone away....

Yep.  ****cute kitty

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2020, 09:13:47 am »

@Absalom

Take "PT John's" name off that list. He is personally responsible for the deaths and injuries of the crew of the PT boat he commanded due to negligence and dereliction of duty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2020, 09:17:16 am »

Who told you that?

Please explain what YOUR sacrifice was. Your son returned safe and secure,with all his limbs intact,did he not?

@musiclady

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:22:16 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!