Author Topic: Veterans group demands apology from Trump over comments on brain injuries  (Read 4483 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Veterans group demands apology from Trump over comments on brain injuries
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2020, 02:06:28 am »
[He isn't a Dr.

Neither are you.

Injury is a wound even if it isn't open.

No,it's not. Show me ONE veteran that got a Purple Heart for a brain concussion.

Do you need your brain?

Probably not. You don't seem to need one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2020, 02:08:09 am »
@truth_seeker

ALL of who served knows what happened. Trump called the senior officer there,and asked "How many were killed or wounded?". The General TRUTHFULLY answered "None" because a concussion is not considered to be a wound,so Trump tells everybody no soldiers were hurt or killed in the attack,which is what he believes to be true,based on what he was told.

I never served, but this to me seems more likely and perfectly logical.  Why is it that this is the focus rather than on a ruthless, murderer of Americans and his own people was silenced, American lives were saved, but somehow people keep trying any which way they can to turn it into a negative?  The President did NOT allow this to turn into another Benghazi. Hello.... We should be celebrating!!!  Benghazi got covered up, was lied about ... and one of those responsible for the incident, was never held accountable and ran for president. 

Our President does his darn job, saves American lives is criticized and impeached!  What's wrong with that picture???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2020, 02:08:31 am »
This president loves the US Military more than any past president has, and has done more for the US Military than past presidents have.  That's an indisputable fact.

Maybe you should ask a soldier who's actually served before you go speaking for all of us.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2020, 02:08:50 am »
@sneakypete
Sometimes that moral support is that important...

@EdinVA

Of course it is. It's the only hope you have. Fear doesn't bow to reality. It takes hope to stand up to it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2020, 02:09:20 am »
ALL of who served knows what happened. Trump called the senior officer there,and asked "How many were killed or wounded?". The General TRUTHFULLY answered "None" because a concussion is not considered to be a wound,so Trump tells everybody no soldiers were hurt or killed in the attack,which is what he believes to be true,based on what he was told.

@sneakypete nice work of fiction and speculation.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2020, 02:11:28 am »
@sneakypete nice work of fiction and speculation.

@txradioguy

Eat my shorts.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2020, 02:12:54 am »
Years ago when the company I worked for got email capability we had to take a class on email etiquette and the big take away from that was no one can see you.
When you talk with someone face to face, you words combined with your facial expressions and gestures tell the person you are talking to if you are happy, sad, angry etc. so your tone, tenor and words are not the total message.  How ever with email/messages you don't have the luxury of "smoothing" out your tone and tenor with your physical presence so you have to be aware that the humor in your head is not necessarily coming thru your message.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2020, 02:17:21 am »

Our President does his darn job, saves American lives is criticized and impeached!  What's wrong with that picture???

Again, they b*tch about the man's style over the substance of his actions.

They simply don't like him and its all they've got.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:18:32 am by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2020, 02:19:46 am »
I never served, but this to me seems more likely and perfectly logical.  Why is it that this is the focus rather than on a ruthless, murderer of Americans and his own people was silenced, American lives were saved, but somehow people keep trying any which way they can to turn it into a negative?  The President did NOT allow this to turn into another Benghazi. Hello.... We should be celebrating!!!  Benghazi got covered up, was lied about ... and one of those responsible for the incident, was never held accountable and ran for president. 

I am sure not shedding any tears for Soleimani.  But Trump shouldn't have lied about imminent threat.  It should make every American mad.  I sure would not be celebrating that any troops were injured in the aftermath of that decision.  Glad Soleimani is dead but not glad Trump lies about it.  Not glad he lies about American injuries also.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2020, 02:23:29 am »
@txradioguy

Eat my shorts.

Yeah...that's what I thought you'd say.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2020, 02:28:30 am »
@sneakypete
Sometimes that moral support is that important... it was a rough year for us when my son was over there but we had family close by..

Well, I look at it differently...I know you have seen action but it is hard being at home...hearing the news...every time a chopper went down my heart sank...and I waited for a phone call....luckily that call never came to me but it came to others that I knew....it is hard for those who sit and wait and having support from others really helped me.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2020, 02:32:31 am »
I was one of those biddies...that group helped me get through 2 tours of Iraq for my husband and 1 tour for my son....and the same for @musiclady as her son was there when my husband was...if it wasn't for those *biddies* I would have lost my mind with worry

Not to worry darlin...
Some of us *RESPECT* the Blue-Haired Old Ladies Committee   :tongue2: :silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2020, 02:33:39 am »
I was one of those biddies...that group helped me get through 2 tours of Iraq for my husband and 1 tour for my son....and the same for @musiclady as her son was there when my husband was...if it wasn't for those *biddies* I would have lost my mind with worry

Wow.  I can't imagine; the worry I think would have killed me or l likely too would have lost my mind.  My son wanted to join the military when he got out of high school and I discouraged it.  I think he holds some resentment and I probably should have let him go -- I see now how selfish I was.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2020, 02:34:14 am »

Well, as I said a hundred pages ago, I don't believe Trump has style or substance.  Perhaps I could put up with his rough edges if he did his job, but he hasn't.

By the way, since when is it a terrible thing to call out the president if appropriate?  Last I heard, we still have freedom of speech in this country.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2020, 02:34:33 am »
Well, I look at it differently...I know you have seen action but it is hard being at home...hearing the news...every time a chopper went down my heart sank...and I waited for a phone call....luckily that call never came to me but it came to others that I knew....it is hard for those who sit and wait and having support from others really helped me.

I have wanted to share something here for quite awhile.  I type it and delete it because I don't want our grief to be open to discussion.  It is just that we have lost a loved one to the Iraq war.  Its hard, and I appreciate your sacrifice and am glad that your husband came home safe.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2020, 02:38:35 am »
I have wanted to share something here for quite awhile.  I type it and delete it because I don't want our grief to be open to discussion.  It is just that we have lost a loved one to the Iraq war.  Its hard, and I appreciate your sacrifice and am glad that your husband came home safe.

My deepest sympathies on your loss.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2020, 02:43:54 am »

Oh wow...I am so sorry to hear this....my deepest sympathies.... 8888crybaby

I was one of the lucky ones..my husband and son came home... :crying:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2020, 02:45:50 am »

I have also seen action @mystery-ak and I much prefer that to what you, and all those like you, had to endure.  I knew where I was and what I was up against (at least most of the time) and you didn't.  I'll take my part over yours any day and twice on Sunday.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2020, 02:49:15 am »
Trump is his own worst enemy.  He is doing his best to destroy his own election and this thing with injuries is a good example.  He baits the left to take him on.  And with something like this he can't afford to lose support of Veterans.  Yet we are poo pooing the opinions of Vets about injuries.  He should apologize, but he won't.  If he can make enemies he will.  Himself without help from the left.
-----------------
Indeed.
Trump is impulsive rather than disciplined,
Further his likeability level is stuck at 50%.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2020, 02:50:08 am »

The "style" was to gloss over what happened to make it sound like the Iranians didn't hurt anyone.

The "substance" was that he blatantly lied about the severity of the injuries to some of my fellow soldiers.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2020, 02:54:27 am »
I have also seen action @mystery-ak and I much prefer that to what you, and all those like you, had to endure.  I knew where I was and what I was up against (at least most of the time) and you didn't.  I'll take my part over yours any day and twice on Sunday.

That's what Mike used to say....plus I had a son who constantly volunteered for patrols...glad I never have to go through that again..... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2020, 02:57:05 am »
That's what Mike used to say....plus I had a son who constantly volunteered for patrols...glad I never have to go through that again..... 9999hair out0000

Never say never!  You have no idea what may come your way in the future. Especially if Democrats ever get their hands on any real power ever again.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2020, 02:58:37 am »
Oh wow...I am so sorry to hear this....my deepest sympathies.... 8888crybaby

I was one of the lucky ones..my husband and son came home... :crying:

Thank you.  It sure changed my view on Iraq.  I had many emotions concerning the direction that the country took.  And wondered why we went there and then they just created a Sharia Law Constitution.  I don't like Bush much.  I liked him and then I hated him.  Because I couldn't see the end game that would result in what I originally thought we were doing there.  Then Obama pulling the troops out was more idiocy.  It was sacrifice for nothing.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2020, 03:04:12 am »
Thank you.  It sure changed my view on Iraq.  I had many emotions concerning the direction that the country took.  And wondered why we went there and then they just created a Sharia Law Constitution.  I don't like Bush much.  I liked him and then I hated him.  Because I couldn't see the end game that would result in what I originally thought we were doing there.  Then Obama pulling the troops out was more idiocy.  It was sacrifice for nothing.

The Department of State has much blood on its hands and, IMHO, THAT is where you should be directing your ire.  The problem in the ME  was Iran then and remains Iran today although the current president's recent actions have somewhat alleviated that temporarily.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2020, 03:18:16 am »
The Department of State has much blood on its hands and, IMHO, THAT is where you should be directing your ire.  The problem in the ME  was Iran then and remains Iran today although the current president's recent actions have somewhat alleviated that temporarily.

That's the thing about getting rid of terrorists.  There is always another waiting to lead them.  Temporarily is right.  Yes it is Iran and they sure moved in once the troops were diminished in Iraq.  I feel the same today.  I want everyone's family to come home but ISIS is not 100% gone.  If we leave there will be a resurgence from Iran and ISIS.