Author Topic: Trump to attend March for Life rally  (Read 1608 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump to attend March for Life rally
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2020, 08:57:39 pm »
I guess I'm surprised at your characterization of today's event.

@skeeter
That it's great? That it's excellent? What the hell, over?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2020, 08:59:43 pm »
@skeeter
That it's great? That it's excellent? What the hell, over?

"This? This is great! But just more candy thrown by the clown at the head of the parade.
It ain't fixin a damn thing."

Maybe I misunderstood.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2020, 09:01:23 pm »
"This? This is great! But just more candy thrown by the clown at the head of the parade.
It ain't fixin a damn thing."

Maybe I misunderstood.

What does it fix? What do we get to keep?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2020, 09:04:05 pm »
Indeed - I agree with that much, and do much the same.
I thought you knew me better than to think I engage in irony or sarcasm. It usually does not work so I gave it up very quickly once I tried it a time or two.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2020, 09:05:21 pm »
888high58888

Well yes, then lets talk about giving credit where credit is due?  How about simply defunding Planned Parenthood in America?  Saying I am not going to sign that.  Then he wouldn't be merely speaking, but acting.

U.S. House passes $1.3 trillion omnibus bill that keeps funding Planned Parenthood
The spending bill continues the more than $500 million in taxpayer dollars Planned Parenthood receives each year.
Thu Mar 22, 2018 - 4:25 pm EST

WASHINGTON, DC, March 22, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – The House of Representatives passed a $1.3 trillion spending bill to finance the federal government through the 2018 fiscal year, leaving Planned Parenthood’s annual subsidies untouched in the process.
The 256-167 vote comes less than a day after congressional Republican leaders unveiled the final bill’s text Wednesday night, leaving lawmakers unable to fully review it before voting. Congress has until midnight Friday to approve a spending plan to prevent a government shutdown.
The legislation has earned disapproval from many Republicans for its priorities, among them the fact that it continues the more than $500 million in taxpayer dollars Planned Parenthood receives each year.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/u.s.-house-passes-1.3-trillion-omnibus-bill-that-keeps-funding-planned-pare

I would say great speech by the President.  He talked about the Mexico Title X.  That was definitely good, but we do give military funding to Israel who have one of the most liberal abortion policies in the world:

IDF Violates Trump Abortion Order, Should Forfeit  $3.8-Billion Annual U.S. Aid
January 23, 2017 by Richard Silverstein 19 Comments

Pres. Trump reinstated an order barring foreign NGOs from receiving any U.S. foreign assistance if they perform any abortions as part of their service offerings.
Israel has one of the most liberal abortion policies in the world.  Virtually all women may obtain abortions at any point in the pregnancy and the government covers the entire expense. This, in a country whose State religion, Orthodox Judaism, forbids abortion unless the mother’s life is in danger.
Israel’s liberalism on this issue has driven the anti-abortion hard-right a bit crazy, knowing that our government offers such huge amounts of aid to a country that fully embraces choice.
A sharp reader just emailed me that the Israeli defense ministry pays for abortions of all military personnel.  Another Israeli friend furnished a ministry guideline which states that not only does the ministry provide abortions, anyone serving in the military must have their abortion performed in a military medical facility.  Soldiers may not go to a civilian provider.
Thus by rights, the Trump administration should discontinue its aid program to the Israeli military.  Of course, that’s never going to happen.  Because the rules which apply to everyone else don’t apply to Israel.  Israel always seems to have that Get Out of Jail Free card tucked up its sleeve.

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2017/01/23/idf-violates-trump-abortion-order-should-forfeit-3-8-billion-annual-u-s-aid/

Furthermore about giving credit where credit is due.  How about credit to Ben Sasse who sponsored the bill The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

Please watch this video and awesome speech from Ben Sasse who deserves credit where credit is due.

https://center-for-rational-thinking.com/2019/06/23/sen-sasse-destroys-pro-abortion-argument/

Many of you called Ben a do nothing Senator. I don't forget.

I guess you got what you asked for.  More complaining about Trump.  I was just trying to choke out a that a boy for Trump and you ruined it.

888high58888  888high58888  888high58888

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:17:49 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2020, 09:07:04 pm »
What does it fix? What do we get to keep?

Wrong questions. It's about young people publicly affirming values and, hopefully, changing minds.

Tell me, why did you think it was excellent for the president to attend?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2020, 09:07:21 pm »
I thought you knew me better than to think I engage in irony or sarcasm. It usually does not work so I gave it up very quickly once I tried it a time or two.

Still, you set out 'hoping my imagination would be quickened'... Which implies some sort of calcification, some flaw, does it not? If it was not sarcasm, then it was a serious analysis...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2020, 09:10:51 pm »
  Which implies some sort of calcification, some flaw, does it not?s...
Not going to carry this any further. Regret any misstep I must have made on the personal side.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2020, 09:12:53 pm »
Wrong questions. It's about young people publicly affirming values and, hopefully, changing minds.

Tell me, why did you think it was excellent for the president to attend?

It was an extraordinary demonstration, in being the first president to attend.
It was excellent in his demonstration of some kind of commitment to the Right to Life.
It was great in his demonstration of solidarity with the Christian Right.

Now, you have been given Extraordinary, Excellent, and Great...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2020, 09:13:51 pm »
It was an extraordinary demonstration, in being the first president to attend.
It was excellent in his demonstration of some kind of commitment to the Right to Life.
It was great in his demonstration of solidarity with the Christian Right.

Now, you have been given Extraordinary, Excellent, and Great...

Beats the heck out of 'Clown leading a parade'.  happy77

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2020, 09:14:44 pm »
Not going to carry this any further. Regret any misstep I must have made on the personal side.

Oh, I am not offended, You particularly would have to go one helluva long way to offend me... merely curious. Please DO continue.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2020, 09:14:59 pm »
888high58888   Agreed.  Good to see you posting again.  happy77

:beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2020, 09:16:38 pm »
Beats the heck out of 'Clown leading a parade'.  happy77

Still, alas, the clown is leading the parade... as they always have, and always do... throwing candy.

Candy is fine and all, but not the point.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2020, 09:23:08 pm »

Well yes, then lets talk about giving credit where credit is due?  How about simply defunding Planned Parenthood in America  Saying I am not going to sign that.  Then he wouldn't be merely speaking, but acting.

U.S. House passes $1.3 trillion omnibus bill that keeps funding Planned Parenthood
The spending bill continues the more than $500 million in taxpayer dollars Planned Parenthood receives each year.
Thu Mar 22, 2018 - 4:25 pm EST

WASHINGTON, DC, March 22, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – The House of Representatives passed a $1.3 trillion spending bill to finance the federal government through the 2018 fiscal year, leaving Planned Parenthood’s annual subsidies untouched in the process.
The 256-167 vote comes less than a day after congressional Republican leaders unveiled the final bill’s text Wednesday night, leaving lawmakers unable to fully review it before voting. Congress has until midnight Friday to approve a spending plan to prevent a government shutdown.
The legislation has earned disapproval from many Republicans for its priorities, among them the fact that it continues the more than $500 million in taxpayer dollars Planned Parenthood receives each year.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/u.s.-house-passes-1.3-trillion-omnibus-bill-that-keeps-funding-planned-pare

Budgets are budgets indeed, sticky situation.

<snipped>

I would say great speech by the President.  He talked about the Mexico Title X.  That was definitely good, but we do give military funding to Israel who have one of the most liberal abortion policies in the world:

IDF Violates Trump Abortion Order, Should Forfeit  $3.8-Billion Annual U.S. Aid
January 23, 2017 by Richard Silverstein 19 Comments

Pres. Trump reinstated an order barring foreign NGOs from receiving any U.S. foreign assistance if they perform any abortions as part of their service offerings.
Israel has one of the most liberal abortion policies in the world.  Virtually all women may obtain abortions at any point in the pregnancy and the government covers the entire expense. This, in a country whose State religion, Orthodox Judaism, forbids abortion unless the mother’s life is in danger.
Israel’s liberalism on this issue has driven the anti-abortion hard-right a bit crazy, knowing that our government offers such huge amounts of aid to a country that fully embraces choice.
A sharp reader just emailed me that the Israeli defense ministry pays for abortions of all military personnel.  Another Israeli friend furnished a ministry guideline which states that not only does the ministry provide abortions, anyone serving in the military must have their abortion performed in a military medical facility.  Soldiers may not go to a civilian provider.
Thus by rights, the Trump administration should discontinue its aid program to the Israeli military.  Of course, that’s never going to happen.  Because the rules which apply to everyone else don’t apply to Israel.  Israel always seems to have that Get Out of Jail Free card tucked up its sleeve.

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2017/01/23/idf-violates-trump-abortion-order-should-forfeit-3-8-billion-annual-u-s-aid/

Furthermore about giving credit where credit is due.  How about credit to Ben Sasse who sponsored the bill The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

Please watch this video and awesome speech from Ben Sasse who deserves credit where credit is due.

https://center-for-rational-thinking.com/2019/06/23/sen-sasse-destroys-pro-abortion-argument/

Many of you called Ben a do nothing Senator. I don't forget.

I guess you got what you asked for.  More complaining about Trump.  I was just trying to choke out a that a boy for Trump and you ruined it.

888high58888  888high58888  888high58888

This is a good point about Israel, I've heard them complained about as well on this policy and people say "This isn't the Israel of the Bible"....   It's a legitimate criticism.

We could say something like "Well, that's an internal matter", sometimes it is. Egypt probably don't have abortion like this but at the same time, one might say they are a repressive government. I think so but some, if not all of those countries are.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2020, 09:30:50 pm »
And let me just say if Senator Ben Sasse ever, ever decided to run for president he could expect my 100% support.  He is the kind of moral character that the United States so desperately needs.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2020, 09:35:54 pm »
Budgets are budgets indeed, sticky situation.

This is a good point about Israel, I've heard them complained about as well on this policy and people say "This isn't the Israel of the Bible"....   It's a legitimate criticism.

We could say something like "Well, that's an internal matter", sometimes it is. Egypt probably don't have abortion like this but at the same time, one might say they are a repressive government. I think so but some, if not all of those countries are.

Thank you.  I believe it is a good point also.  I was reminded of how religious the speeches were when we moved the embassy.  Israel is practically the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah with their liberal policies.  No need to really bring God into it when the government clearly is about one of the worst moral character countries in the world.  Nothing Godly about their policies on homosexuality and abortion.  Its just Okie Dokie to support late term abortions in the Jewish State.  And to turn Jerusalem into Gay pride.

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magazines/2003/march-april/sodom-rises-again
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:50:14 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2020, 09:36:21 pm »
Pro-life politicians are often excoriated by the left, feminists and so on. For that, I feel an obligation to give them support no matter who they are, Scott Walker, Donald Trump and so on.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2020, 10:02:37 pm »
Pro-life politicians are often excoriated by the left, feminists and so on. For that, I feel an obligation to give them support no matter who they are, Scott Walker, Donald Trump and so on.

And Ben Sasse.  You said budgets are sticky.   Yes they are.  But its only words unless you can back by action.  If Donald Trump truly cares about changing the direction of the country considering Planned Parenthood/late term abortion he must defund them.  Even if it takes shutting down the government.  No Democrat is going to leave the country defunded for long.  Sometimes sacrifice hurts.  If we don't we are only talking.  Power of the pen.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:09:57 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2020, 10:26:59 pm »
Wow.

@skeeter

It's a waste of time to try to get someone that self-centered to support anything that doesn't directly benefit them and their wishes.

Their whole world is about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" because they sincerely believe what is best for them is best for everybody.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2020, 10:47:06 pm »
@skeeter

It's a waste of time to try to get someone that self-centered to support anything that doesn't directly benefit them and their wishes.

Their whole world is about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" because they sincerely believe what is best for them is best for everybody.

@sneakypete

BULLCRAP.
I have no interest in self - truly and most probably less sense of self than most.
I DO have a particular adherence to principle.
To Truth, and yes, the capital 'T' was purposeful.
That is my only interest in politics, and largely in most things.
And that is what I will rise to defend.

I just have little interest in your poo-throwing cavalcade, finding it without ground to stand upon.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2020, 10:51:54 pm »
@sneakypete

BULLCRAP.
I have no interest in self - truly and most probably less sense of self than most.
I DO have a particular adherence to principle.

@roamer_1

Pray tell us how principle is not connected to "self".

Online roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2020, 10:58:00 pm »
@roamer_1

Pray tell us how principle is not connected to "self".

@sneakypete

Principle is wholly unattached from self. Principles are, by definition, timeless truths. Things that are always true.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2020, 11:01:00 pm »
@sneakypete

Principle is wholly unattached from self. Principles are, by definition, timeless truths. Things that are always true.

@roamer_1

?????? EVERYONE's personal moral code is what defines their principle. You,me,everybody.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2020, 11:03:02 pm »
@roamer_1

?????? EVERYONE's personal moral code is what defines their principle. You,me,everybody.

@sneakypete

No. History attests to principle. There is only one truth.

The degree to which your morality intersects it is incidental.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2020, 11:06:08 pm »

@sneakypete

No. History attests to principle. There is only one truth.

The degree to which your morality intersects it is incidental.

True