Author Topic: Trump to attend March for Life rally  (Read 1611 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Trump to attend March for Life rally
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2020, 02:35:14 am »
The man's energy is otherworldly.   He has something of public import and interest going every day.

And, he's making the right decisions - and I do not sense venal cynicism in any of his moves.  Obviously, he's solidifying his Evangelical electoral support with his outreach, but I honestly believe he only does and promotes things he thinks are right for America and her citizens.

Offline dancer

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2020, 05:36:36 am »
Leftist heads all over the world will be exploding.

Not that it would be a bad thing if they actually did,mind you.

We can dream, sneaky.   tri22

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2020, 05:57:40 am »
*****rollingeyes*****

This is not the first time he's been given credit where it is due him.
You have not been paying attention.

Makes a person not want to give him any credit. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:04:42 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2020, 01:21:38 pm »
Credit where it's due.
 :beer:

+1

I respect this move bigly.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2020, 05:45:37 pm »
I hope everyone watched Trump's speech....I will post the video when it's up

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I am very proud to welcome tens of thousands of families, students, and people of all faiths and backgrounds to our nation's capital for the 46th annual March For Life.

This is a movement founded on love and grounded in the nobility and dignity of every human life. When we look into the eyes of a newborn child, we see the beauty and the human soul and the majesty of God’s creation. We know that every life has meaning and that every life is worth protecting,

As president, I will always defend the first right in our Declaration of Independence -- the right to life.

During my first week in office, I reinstated the Mexico City Policy. We have taken bold action to protect the religious freedoms for doctors, nurses, and charities like the Little Sisters Of The Poor

We issued a new proposal to prohibit Title Ten taxpayer funding from going to any clinic that performs abortions.

We are supporting the loving choice of adoption and foster care, including through the support of faith-based adoption services. And I am supporting the U.S. Senate's effort to make permanent the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding for abortion in spending bills.

Today I have signed a letter to Congress to make clear that if they send any legislation to my desk that weakens the protection of human life, I will issue a veto. And we have the support to uphold those vetoes.

Every child is a sacred gift from God. As this year's March For Life theme says, each person is unique from Day One. That is a very important phrase. Unique from Day One. And so true.

I want to thank Americans who traveled all across the country to march for life, and I especially want to thank so many young people who give us hope for the future. Together we will work to save the lives of unborn children, so they have a chance to live and to love, to thrive and to dream, and to bless our nation and reach their full and glorious potential.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:49:31 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2020, 05:51:13 pm »

I care who you give credit to as much as I care about your endlessly complaining.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 05:52:17 pm by skeeter »

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2020, 06:10:43 pm »
The man's energy is otherworldly.   He has something of public import and interest going every day.

And, he's making the right decisions - and I do not sense venal cynicism in any of his moves.  Obviously, he's solidifying his Evangelical electoral support with his outreach, but I honestly believe he only does and promotes things he thinks are right for America and her citizens.

888high58888   Agreed.  Good to see you posting again.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2020, 06:15:25 pm »
Kind of ironic don't you think -- first President ever to speak at the March for Life rally ... meanwhile the DEMS are in the Senate giving their reasons (or lack thereof) to have him removed from office?  The DEMS are truly deplorable and despicable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2020, 06:56:15 pm »

Do what's right, not what's easy.  :seeya:

I know. It wasn't even an hour after I agreed with him here that I was accused of never agreeing with him and being a Tump hater... I was told that I can't admit that he ever does anything right. Makes it pretty rough to agree at all don't it? But it ain't about them. Hell, it ain't about you and me. It's about right and wrong, and what he's doing here is right that's for sure.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2020, 07:06:39 pm »

I know. It wasn't even an hour after I agreed with him here that I was accused of never agreeing with him and being a Tump hater... I was told that I can't admit that he ever does anything right. Makes it pretty rough to agree at all don't it? But it ain't about them. Hell, it ain't about you and me. It's about right and wrong, and what he's doing here is right that's for sure.

Yep.  Ignore the name-callers who don't care what the truth is.

If you don't, it will drive you crazy!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2020, 07:09:03 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2020, 07:09:53 pm »
I care who you give credit to as much as I care about your endlessly complaining.

888high58888

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2020, 07:16:35 pm »
Yep.  Ignore the name-callers who don't care what the truth is.

If you don't, it will drive you crazy!

That's right.  :beer:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2020, 07:21:02 pm »

When I as grappling with whether I could vote for the man, I was pretty leery of his pro-life bona fides. Specifically, when he claimed knowing of a difficult situation when abortion was on the table. When the child was born and became a "superstar" he changed his mind. Now that utilitarian view is far away from the words he delivered today..."image of God" and so forth.

I remain at peace with the choice I made, especially when I contemplate the other outcome we could have had.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2020, 07:24:37 pm »

I remain at peace with the choice I made

So do I. :beer:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2020, 07:45:08 pm »
So do I. :beer:
And you get the bonus of enjoying the avoiding the disaster. Or do you believe you and your country would be better off with Hillary? Would you ever consider at least trying for just a bit of humility and a drop or two of gratitude?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2020, 08:01:56 pm »
And you get the bonus of enjoying the avoiding the disaster. Or do you believe you and your country would be better off with Hillary? Would you ever consider at least trying for just a bit of humility and a drop or two of gratitude?

I don't believe the country is better off with either one.
And the bellwether is the spending. Until this behemoth starts to deflate in a big way, nothing at all has really changed.

This? This is great! But just more candy thrown by the clown at the head of the parade.
It ain't fixin a damn thing.
It ain't 'something we get to keep'.

Humility? Where the hell is that coming from @don-o ?
And gratitude? FOR WHAT? Somebody doing his job for a minute for a change?

Doing his job should be expected.
I'll save my gratefulness for  YHWH.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2020, 08:25:04 pm »

This? This is great! But just more candy thrown by the clown at the head of the parade.
It ain't fixin a damn thing.

Wow.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2020, 08:28:11 pm »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2020, 08:38:01 pm »
Alright y'all

@don-o @skeeter

Obviously not satisfied with simple agreement, and credit where it's due, y'all, whom I particularly respect, threw down the gauntlet.

Y'all threw down. Let's have at it.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2020, 08:39:35 pm »
I don't believe the country is better off with either one.

I have prayed that your imagination might be quickened. It can be really helpful in the thinking process.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2020, 08:44:28 pm »
I have prayed that your imagination might be quickened. It can be really helpful in the thinking process.

You are welcome to give it a whirl.

And don't think I didn't see that backhand, @don-o 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 08:47:23 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2020, 08:51:23 pm »
You are welcome to give it a whirl.

And don't think I didn't see that backhand, @don-o
It is not backhand. Which you may choose to believe or not. I do believe that a constant examination of my own thinking is required on an ongoing basis.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2020, 08:55:22 pm »
Why wow?

I guess I'm surprised at your characterization of today's event.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2020, 08:57:07 pm »
It is not backhand. Which you may choose to believe or not. I do believe that a constant examination of my own thinking is required on an ongoing basis.

Indeed - I agree with that much, and do much the same.