Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Trial Day 1  (Read 2946 times)

Online corbe

Re: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Trial Day 1
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2020, 11:26:04 pm »
   I had to give up over an hour ago and smoke a joint the stupidity was beyond my comprehension.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2020, 11:32:13 pm »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
1h
Just want to go on record now, so I can pull this tweet from the archives later:

Trump will not be removed from office (obviously)

Trump will win re-election.

And Democrats will impeach Trump *AGAIN* in his second term

Because they are nuts
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2020, 11:33:33 pm »
@mystery-ak

Who is that Tom Nichols cretin?

Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
Professor, author on Russia, war, nukes, and "The Death of Expertise." Noted curmudgeon. Cat guy. Ex-GOP and Never Trumper "human scum." Views solely my own.
Newport, RI
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2020, 11:35:23 pm »
Mark Knoller
@markknoller
·
1m
By another vote of 53-47, Republicans kill a Democratic motion to subpoena State Department records and documents for the impeachment trial.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2020, 11:40:05 pm »
Ryan Fournier
@RyanAFournier
·
4m
This impeachment sham is blowing up quicker than I thought.

They brought knives to a gun fight.

They’re toast!
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2020, 11:43:19 pm »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
1h
Just want to go on record now, so I can pull this tweet from the archives later:

Trump will not be removed from office (obviously)

Trump will win re-election.

And Democrats will impeach Trump *AGAIN* in his second term

Because they are nuts
Not if the Dems lose the House.
The loss of the House would be a stake through the heart of all this 'impeachment' mania.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2020, 11:43:38 pm »
Lamar!'s DC
 phones never answered today, I called back to the local office and the dim bulb there said, "Yes, they're very busy today."

If he jumps ugly on this, I will make it my life's work to remove his name from every thing it has been attached to. I know of a state park that recently got his name on it.

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/pith-in-the-wind/article/21039629/sen-lamar-alexander-now-has-a-park-named-after-him

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2020, 11:46:57 pm »
Tom Nichols
@RadioFreeTom
Professor, author on Russia, war, nukes, and "The Death of Expertise." Noted curmudgeon. Cat guy. Ex-GOP and Never Trumper "human scum." Views solely my own.
Newport, RI

@mystery-ak

Thanks! I had never heard of him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2020, 11:51:11 pm »
Not if the Dems lose the House.
The loss of the House would be a stake through the heart of all this 'impeachment' mania.

That would be wonderful, but I'm just hoping that the GOP keeps the Senate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2020, 11:51:16 pm »
Rep Andy Biggs
@RepAndyBiggsAZ
·
1m
"This is an affront to the House, which has full power to see these documents." - House Impeachment Manager Demings

If it's such an affront to the House, why do House Democrats want the Senate to fight their battle for them.

If the House is in the right, then stand up & fight!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2020, 11:52:27 pm »
@mystery-ak

Thanks! I had never heard of him.

Me either..but he follows TBR so I in turn follow him..
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2020, 11:59:48 pm »
Me either..but he follows TBR so I in turn follow him..

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2020, 12:12:50 am »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
6m
I just want every Democrat to remember today, really take in how dishonest, ruthless and insane their whole #resistance sham has been

And remember it when Trump is celebrating his re-election, because the Democrats earned every second of 4 more years of Trump.

Every. Second.
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2020, 12:35:19 am »
Buck Sexton
@BuckSexton
·
6m
I just want every Democrat to remember today, really take in how dishonest, ruthless and insane their whole #resistance sham has been

And remember it when Trump is celebrating his re-election, because the Democrats earned every second of 4 more years of Trump.

Every. Second.

@mystery-ak

And they SO desperately needed to run on a "Trump has been impeached,let's remove him from office!" platform.

This is a truly landmark year for the Dims. EVERY candidate they have for president is either an actual Communist,or a Open Borders Globalist. They are not even pretending to be pro-America anymore. When they lose to Trump,it may cause the collapse of the Dim Party because Clive and Chrissy Clueless are likely to finally wake up and ask "What the HELL was that all about?",and actually get answers.

They are already starting to lose black votes due to their favoring illegal aliens over blacks,and you can bet the farm that Trump is going to do everything he can do to shut down the flow of illegals into the country,and to give the boot to the ones that are already here.

Truth to tell,I think this is going to be a VERY interesting Presidential election because I honestly think the DNC is going to DEMAND Bubbette! Clinton stick her cloven hoof into the ring because ALL the other candidates are even bigger losers,and she MIGHT have a chance of winning if she can get Bubba cleaned up and out on the road to campaign for her.

Then again,neither she nor Bubba has ever ran against an opponent who wasn't afraid to identify them for the self-serving evil creatures they are,so this could be fun to watch.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2020, 12:42:15 am »
Did Schumer just try to get a vote on calling one witness?  McConnell stood his ground and Tabled it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2020, 12:45:05 am »
Tom Cotton
@TomCottonAR
·
6m
None of us can figure out why @SenSchumer
 is making all these duplicative amendments. Best guess is the seven House managers each demanded time to argue on television. Four down, so don’t be surprised to see three more amendments. Typical politicians.
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:23 am »
Tom Cotton
@TomCottonAR
·
6m
None of us can figure out why @SenSchumer
 is making all these duplicative amendments. Best guess is the seven House managers each demanded time to argue on television. Four down, so don’t be surprised to see three more amendments. Typical politicians.

Well,you really didn't expect to see Chuckie get up there,shrug,and say "We got nothing" into the microphone,did you?

Not to worry,Dims. After all,Trump ain't the kind of guy that would try to get even.

Online libertybele

« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2020, 12:50:09 am »
Well,you really didn't expect to see Chuckie get up there,shrug,and say "We got nothing" into the microphone,did you?

Not to worry,Dims. After all,Trump ain't the kind of guy that would try to get even.

My hunch is he's already one step ahead of them.   happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2020, 12:52:50 am »
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
32s
Klobuchar on coming off the trail to sit in on the Senate trial: While we are gaining momentum right now (in the presidential race), this is my place to be right now
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2020, 12:53:04 am »
Heidi Przybyla
@HeidiNBC
·
13m
Dems are forcing these doomed votes -- to subpoena Mulvaney, etc -- for a reason.

The reason:

If they fail to get witnesses later, they will have put the most vulnerable GOP senators (Collins, etc) on the record opposing testimony from material witnesses.
Support the USO

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2020, 12:58:50 am »
NPR was complaining today that the way the Senate only uses one camera and focuses on the person speaking and doesn't show reactions of the others is unfair because it makes the proceedings look boring.

WTF?  This ain't entertainment TV you bunch of dweebs.

It's NPR. Their members are entertained by documentaries on 1930's trade union literature and United Nations conferences on sub-Saharan agricultural development.

Which is to say: the bar is set really low. So if a bunch of Zabar's-shopping, locally-sourced, non-GMO certified, grass-fed, fair-trade, citified neurotics claim to be bored by something, then you can bet that they are lying their skinny asses off.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2020, 01:04:12 am »
It's NPR. Their members are entertained by documentaries on 1930's trade union literature and United Nations conferences on sub-Saharan agricultural development.

Which is to say: the bar is set really low. So if a bunch of Zabar's-shopping, locally-sourced, non-GMO certified, grass-fed, fair-trade, citified neurotics claim to be bored by something, then you can bet that they are lying their skinny asses off.

That was deep.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2020, 01:08:23 am »
That was deep.

Well, it might just have been the Scotch talking.  :beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2020, 01:08:49 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2020, 01:10:03 am »
Well, it might just have been the Scotch talking.  :beer:

Yeah.  I thought it was a foreign language. 888high58888