Author Topic: Facebook labels man’s post praising "fagg0ts" at his local butchers 'hate speech’  (Read 359 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A man who heaped praise on a local butcher’s bleep on social media got a shock when he was accused of 'hate speech'.

Morriston resident Paul Lynch innocently wrote his post on Facebook in which he paid tribute to the meatballs produced by butchers - Thomas’ of Morriston .

But the post fell foul of Facebook moderators, who removed the post, and after reviewing it, upheld the original decision, informing Mr Lynch that the post ‘goes against our community standards on hate speech’.

The original post read: “If you’re not buying Thomas’s Of Morriston the butchers on Morriston Cross’ bleep on a Tuesday are you even a monkey?”.

The post is likely to have come to the attention of administrators for the use of the word ‘faggot’, which in America particularly can be used as a term of abuse.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/facebook-labels-mans-post-praising-17585587
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Looks like sort of bozo who thinks cops will come take our guns away for him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

Looks like sort of bozo who thinks cops will come take our guns away for him.

Exactly!