Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 20th 2020  (Read 469 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Jan. 20th 2020
« on: January 20, 2020, 06:48:40 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

The Week That Was: Liberals Are Miserable, So What Else Is New?

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: Hey, folks, how’s everybody? I’m great, and it’s great to be back, and I really apologize for missing last week, but it’s actually not that big a deal. I mean, it seemed like it was a big deal at the time. I didn’t want to be out, but I had no choice. I had to be out. It was unexpected. It was unannounced. So I apologize for it.

But I’m looking back and a lot seems to have happened in the past week. But not really. I mean, how much can really happen when I’m a here? Especially when I’m not here to commentate on it and to analyze it. Look, if I don’t talk about it, did it really happen? And if you go back and you look at some of these, it seems like a lot of stuff happened while I was away, but not really.

I mean, when you think about it, we’re pretty much where we all were a week ago. We’ve had some stuff happen in the midst. We had that Democrat debate. Man, oh, man. Do you know, even some Never Trumpers are writing that they wish that somebody in that Democrat debate would accuse somebody else’s dad of killing JFK. It was that boring, it was that dull, it was that nothing.

And it’s a sign, when Never Trumpers — it was John Podhoretz — when Never Trumper starts writing things like that — I know he’s trying to be funny, but I’m telling you, Donald Trump has changed politics in ways that all these people supposedly hate and despise, but then when they get a Democrat debate that’s supposedly serious and devoted to the issues and the future of the country, they’re bored. You know, the civility that they claim to want and the manners and all that, they look at it now, and they’re bored.

And this impeachment, it’s so patently absurd. There’s not an impeachable offense. And I’m trying to figure out what are the Democrats really trying to do? Is this a gambit to actually try to win the Senate? Do they even know what they’re doing other than placating their base? I know they’d love to get rid of Trump, don’t misunderstand. But they’re not even getting close to that. They’re making themselves look like fools and idiots.

You know when I see the Democrats on TV, I see like a gray screen in front of them. They’re looking colorless. They’re looking just miserable. Even the Drive-By Media trying to get happy about all this stuff can’t. You know, Democrats make this big deal about behaving solemnly and prayerfully after announcing articles of impeachment walking them over there in the Capitol building with those specially made pens. You know those pens look like bullets to me.

When I first saw the picture, I said, “Pelosi’s got a bunch of bullets from a howitzer there and she’s walking them over to the Senate chamber.” I looked closely and they were specially manufactured pens. And they are, I guess, very, very solemn and very prayerful.

\And then after that, the Democrats were found consuming adult beverages and whooping it up and having a grand old time, and the Drive-By Media was worried that the Democrats were giving away the game. They expected them to be out acting prayerful, a Democrat, prayerful. Ha. You pray in front of a Democrat and they might want to put you in jail.

And then how about the national championship? You know, when I saw this, the one thing that really ticked me off — so LSU wins the national championship, college football. And in the locker room after the game, they pass out celebratory victory cigars, the players light ’em up, and a cop comes in and threatens to arrest ’em. No smoking in the locker room.

And then Odell Beckham Jr. trying to lighten things up pats a cop on the butt and they think about arresting Odell Beckham for aggressive behavior against a cop. I mean, there’s lots of things to arrest Odell Beckham for, but that? But lighting a cigar, a celebratory cigar is worthy of being arrested? You can’t smoke in the locker room.

Folks there’s so many things here that the left have just corrupted and poisoned, and it all adds up to an assault on a good time, an assault on enjoying life. When you boil it all down, it’s what they seem to be upset about. Is anybody enjoying life? And particularly in ways they don’t approve. And they don’t enjoy life.

Grab audio sound bite, what is it, number 32. This is The Oprah. It was last Monday, a week ago today on ABC’s the Tamron Hall Show. And whenever there’s a new talk show, new talk show syndicated, Ellen DeGeneres, whatever it is, the first guest has to be The Oprah, because that’s the way you guarantee a ratings boost off the bat. The next four days of the week can tank and bomb out, but if you have a great opening day you satisfy everyone. So you get The Oprah out there and Tamron Hall — anybody know who Tamron Hall is?

Do you know that on Jeopardy they asked a bunch of people, they showed Schiff’s picture to a bunch of people, nobody knew who he was. Nobody knew who Adam Schiff was, nobody knew who Pencil Neck was on Jeopardy. Those are smart people playing that game. Everybody on Jeopardy knows who I am when they’re asked about me. We have the audio sound bites to document this coming up.

Now, here’s Tamron Hall said, “You’re on your ‘Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life In Focus’ tour.” Did you know that Oprah was on a tour? Yeah. Well, she is. Oprah 2020’s Vision: Your Life In Focus tour, and Tamron Hall says to The Oprah, “So why now?”

OPRAH: Why now is because I think the country is so torn. The country is just, everywhere you go, you can’t be in a conversation with anybody anywhere where we’re not talking about how messed up things are, how torn apart we are.

HALL: It’s the new hello.

OPRAH: Yeah, it’s the new hello.

HALL: They walk in and they say, “Can you believe?’”

OPRAH: “Can you believe? Did you see? Oh my God.” So, this is the thing. You look in the stadium and you got all the states represented here, red states and blue states and purple states and no states, and independents. So, everywhere you go, people just say, “It’s so bad.”

HALL: Right.

OPRAH: It’s so bad.

HALL: Nobody says hello.

OPRAH: (laughing) Nobody says hello.

RUSH: They don’t have a good time. They can’t even have a good time seeing each other. You would think when a leftist meets Oprah there’d be a smile. No, the first thing out of their mouth is, “Do you believe how bad it is?” Do any of you, when greeting your friends, talk about how bad it is? No, you say, “Hi, what’s shaking?” The economy’s roaring, your kids’ future looks pretty good, unemployment rate lowest than it’s ever been in 50 years.

The people that are what I consider to be traditional American values… Oh, and that is another thing! I have a thing here in the Stack of Stuff, and I knew this. I’m kind of frustrated I didn’t make the point. It’s about rich white liberals and how they raise their kids and run their families, and it’s nothing like the crap that they claim to believe. They raise their kids according to conservative values. They care about getting the best education they can.

But they do not admit this publicly, ’cause they would be considered traitors to the cause. They don’t send their kids to Planned Parenthood. They try to keep their kids from getting pregnant. Yeah, it’s a bunch of total hypocrites. Well, I’ve got all this stuff. I collected all this stuff while I was gone. It’s gonna take me awhile to get to it all. As I do the program, my mind is working famously well. I say one word, and it reminds me of something. Another word reminds me of something else.

But look, here is The Oprah admitting they’re not have a good time. You watch some of these awards shows, these Hollywood shows. Are they having a good time? Even when they win the awards, they’re not having a good time — and they’re upset when anybody else is. “Nobody says, ‘hello.’ Nobody says, ‘hello.’ Everybody says, ‘Do you believe how bad it is?'” Well, that’s because you’re losing, and it’s because you have no prayer of winning in 2020, and they all know it — and this impeachment?

This is an embarrassment. This is gonna be an albatross around their neck. You know, Pelosi is running around saying, “Trump will be impeached forever.” He’s gonna be acquitted forever, too. He is gonna be not guilty forever, and he’s gonna be elected to a second term. You people are gonna be sucking sand out there doing whatever you’re doing, continuing this preposterous behavior because you’ve got nothing else. Let’s review.

Trump’s been investigated by the GOP, the Hillary campaign, Robert Mueller, the FBI with FISA warrants — Trump was spied on — the House Democrats ran their own basement investigation, and they found nothing. You cut to the chase, you get to the bottom line, the pedal hits the metal, the rubber hits the road, they’ve got nothing. They don’t have a single crime. They don’t have an impeachable offense. So now they’re circling back to Russia.

Pelosi’s out there talking about (impression), “This is important, because we’ve got to assert that Vladimir Putin is not running this country.” Vladimir Putin! What happened to Ukraine? Oh, Lev Parnas! The star witness for the Democrats, Lev Parnas, who Trump says, “I don’t even know.” This guy… (chuckles) The people the Democrats find to hang their latest hats on are just poor schlubs, and they’re demonstrated to be after not too long a time.

I mean, they’re now even — Pelosi and the Democrats — accusing Mitch McConnell of being a secret Russian spy. I think they’re in panic mode. The average person… Your average American in average anywhere America knows it was a good thing to kill Soleimani. They knew the economy is sizzling and all of their impeachment stuff has blown up in their face. Their candidates are weirdos. The Democrat candidates for president are a bunch of weirdos, boring dryballs — and no matter what happens, Plugs is still leading.

I don’t care what anybody tells you, Plugs is still leading in the Democrat primary in poll after poll. Speaking of Soleimani, here’s another thing. Lee Smith. We’ve quoted him often on this program. He did yeoman’s work unraveling the deep state effort, the Papadopoulos story, planting evidence, all kinds of stuff. He has a story on this whole Iran deal that Obama put together. He asserts here that the primary objective that Obama had on the Iran deal — and, by the way, pardon me for hopscotching all over the place.

This is what happens the first day back. I’ve got all this stuff here that I want to impart, all this wisdom I want to share, and it just occurs to me as the brain synapses fire. Anyway, this is important. He was saying that the real objective that Obama had — which I’ve already said, which I’ve already told you. The real objective Obama had with the Iran nuclear deal was not to prevent them from getting a nuke, as they all say.

It was to delay it, but to guarantee that they could get one. The purpose of the Iran deal, as far as the Obama administration was concerned, was to change the balance of power in the Middle East and make Iran the primary power in the Middle East, not Israel. That’s what the Iran deal was supposed to do — and Trump has come along and deep-sixed it. Now, why would anybody want to make Iran the leader and the power and the balance of power in the Middle East?

Why in the hell would anybody want to do that?

Well, it goes back, if you remember. It goes back to the entire post-World War II order that was set up after the United States basically saved the world, saved Europe. It was decided that we needed a balance to the United States. We needed a competing superpower. So hello, Soviet Union. This was considered to keep the world safe because the U.S. is not the good guys. Remember, to the left, the United States is not the good guys. The United States — as the leading economic power in the world, leading military power in the world — is not good.

Madeleine Albright teaches at Georgetown that the United States was simply an accident. The founding was just an accident. You had a confluence of the birth of certain people and in the world. But there’s nothing exceptional, nothing special, nothing unique. It’s just an accident, and it’s destabilizing for the U.S. to be so powerful. So the objective here is to build up Iran (or was) with the Iran nuclear deal, to build Iran up as a competing power to the United States, to make sure…

Because if you understand that from Obama on down, the Clintons, the left… If you understand that they believe the United States is not the good guys, then a lot of other things begin to make sense. If you don’t believe that, if you don’t understand that they don’t — and believing the U.S. is the good guys is part of growing up an American. So it seems really foreign and strange to hear that there are power people in this country, mainly leftists and Democrats, who don’t think that. So a lot of people reject it because it just doesn’t seem right. “Oh, nah, nah, they don’t really think that.”

Yes, they do, and if you don’t think the U.S. is the good guys — if you think the U.S. is basically racist and bigoted and sexist and all this stuff and too powerful and imposes its way — then you’ll want a competing power to stabilize things. And you put the United Nations in the middle of this to regulate it all and to help siphon power and money away from the United States. Hillary Clinton was to be the continuation of all this. Donald Trump, by being elected and following through on his agenda, has literally ripped that agenda to shreds.

And there is abject anger and disappointment and panic. By the way, Tom “Puff” Daschle has announced that the Obama administration was a failure. Yes, we have it right here on the audio sound bite roster of things coming up. Look at Trump signing the first ever trade deal with the ChiComs, as Pelosi is sitting around with her pens and her solemn march over to the Senate to present the articles of impeachment. The tariffs worked — and the tariffs, by the way, are going to remain on China, and the tariffs are gonna remain on Iran. They are working.

Look, let me take a brief time-out. We’ll come back and resume right after this. Again, sorry I was out last week, folks, but I’m back now, and since I’m back, this is when things begin to now matter.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 20th 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 07:24:53 pm »
Do you know that on Jeopardy they asked a bunch of people, they showed Schiff’s picture to a bunch of people, nobody knew who he was. Nobody knew who Adam Schiff was, nobody knew who Pencil Neck was on Jeopardy. Those are smart people playing that game. Everybody on Jeopardy knows who I am when they’re asked about me. We have the audio sound bites to document this coming up.

That's not exactly what happened on Jeopardy.  I saw the clip, and what stumped the contestants was "This Committee is chaired by this person."  I don't know if they knew who Schitt is, but they for sure did not know it was the Intelligence Committee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 07:35:59 pm »

Liberals Still Paranoid About Operation Chaos

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: This is kind of funny. This is… (chuckles) Do you remember Operation Chaos? What year was Operation Chaos? (interruption) You don’t remember Operation Chaos? Operation Chaos was 2008. John McCain won the Republican primaries early. By the early spring of 2008, there was no more drama left in the Republican race. But the Democrat race? Eh, Hillary Clinton was still hanging in. She was looking tough, still hanging in. It was down to the wire between her and Barack Hussein O, and Hillary was ticked off because she had been promised the nomination.

But then the young, energetic, vibrant African-American — uh, black guy — came along, and they just… She’s the most cheated-on woman in America, and they cast her aside again. Well, I didn’t want that to happen. I thought that we needed the drama to continue. So we began Operation Chaos. Operation Chaos was designed to get Republican voters who didn’t care… I mean, McCain was the nominee. It didn’t matter. It was to get Republican voters to reregister so they could vote in Democrat primaries and vote for Hillary in whatever states were left.

Actually, it may have worked in Indiana.

At any rate, the Democrats were made paranoid by it. They even did a movie about Operation Chaos called The Ides of March. George Clooney was in that movie. So they’ve never gotten over it. So here’s a little bit from PMSNBC on Sunday, the Joy Reid program. She’s got some author, Nicole Hemmer — Messengers of the Right: Conservative Media and the Transformation of American Politics — and the question to Nicole Hemmer: “Is the conservative media trying to make the kinds of choices about the way that they’re covering these Democrat nominees based on who they think would be more helpful to Trump in the election?”

HEMMER: Sure. Of course. They’re trying to figure out how best to sow chaos within the Democratic ranks. It is something that, you know, Rush Limbaugh has done this through several election cycles, just to kind of like —

REID: He’s been an utter failure at it, by the way.

(snickering and crosstalk)

HEMMER: Yeah.

REID: Operation Chaos never works.

HEMMER: Right!

REID: Yeah, it never worked.

RUSH: Then why are you worried about it? Operation Chaos. It did work. It worked so well that you people got frightened by it and made a movie in which you were paranoid about it. Anyway, they’re worried about something like that happening again because the Democrat field is… Folks, these people are nuts. It’s not enough just to say that they’re colorless or dull or boring. All of that’s true. They’re just nuts, and they are clearly miles and miles and miles away from the American mainstream.

It is a haunting reality to people. So they’re worried here that I and others might try to shape events in the upcoming Democrat primaries to engineer a victory by whatever Democrat we think would be the biggest doormat for Trump — and they’re worried about it. Even though they claim such things have never worked, they’re still talking about it, doing pieces on it.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 08:05:15 pm »

Drive-Bys and Democrats Wanted Violence in Virginia

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: Here’s Jim Sciutto from this morning on CNN.

SCIUTTO: Happening now. Pro-gun advocates are rallying in Virginia’s capital. So far it’s been peaceful. Officials are bracing for the participation of hate groups, white supremacist groups, to disrupt the demonstrations, which of course are taking place on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

RUSH: The Drive-By Media is hoping that it doesn’t remain peaceful. And all day yesterday and last night — I mean, yeah, I was watching the football championship games, but I was intermingling some show prep along with it. And you could tell the Drive-By Media was just hoping that this rally in Virginia today would turn horrible and terrible and it would be a repeat of Charlottesville.

I guarantee you that’s what they were hoping it would be so they could link Trump to it. So far nothing of any consequence has happened. It’s a gun rally in one way and bunch of people are trying to — and Antifa was supposed to join, which was guaranteed to make it out of control. And it’s just another example of the Drive-Bys hoping that something bad would happen, and so far nothing has.

Here’s Biden. By the way, this is Martin Luther King Day. Whatever happened to, “I hope someday my children will be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin?” Whatever happened to that in the Democrat Party? ‘Cause that is gone and hasn’t been operative in the Democrat — it’s all the color of your skin and it’s all your sexual orientation and it’s all your sexual preference.

Speaking of that, do you know there’s a book out, why young boys are afraid of sex? Snerdley, were you ever afraid of sex? I mean, even back in the days, few though they were that you were a virgin, were you – (interruption) You never were afraid of sex? Well, there’s a book out about how young boys today are. They’re afraid – (interruption) Well, no.

If you take the premise seriously, yeah, you feel sorry for ’em. Who in the world — but it’s nothing unusual. You know what the book — these guys are afraid, performance pressure, the first time they won’t meet expectations. Well, hell, there’s nothing new about that. That doesn’t suggest there’s anything out of whack. “Whack” may not be the best choice of words in this particular subject area.

Anyway, it’s Martin Luther King Day. Here is Plugs Biden yesterday, Bethlehem Baptist Church in Columbia, South Carolina.

BIDEN: This president and his, the Ku Klux Klans and the rest of them, they think they’re beating us again. But they have no idea. We’re just coming back. God love you all.

RUSH: We’re just coming back? Where you been? The president and his Ku Klux Klans? Remember that poll that we had about 10 days ago, the political makeup of the population of the country, 24% of the people in this country identify as liberal, 37% conservative, and about the same number independent. It’s long been my point that we’re being governed by a minority and we’re being governed against our will. That 24% of people identifying themselves as liberal, but look at where they are. They’re in Hollywood, media, education, academe and so forth.

So they’re concentrated in the areas of culture which have a lot of power over the influence of public opinion. But they are a minority. And my point is when you got Biden and the Democrats running around accusing all these Trump voters of being members of the Klan, what in the world do they think they’re gonna do? Their whole objective, stop and think, the whole objective when they started all of this with the Russia collusion narrative was to separate Trump voters from Trump. They knew they had to do that. They bombed miserably. They failed doing that.

So now they’ve got Plugs and the rest of these guys out talking about Trump voters as members of the Klan? How is that going to separate Trump voters from him? And if they can’t do that, they don’t have a prayer of winning. If Trump holds his base, it’s over. And he’s going to hold his base. And he’s expanding his base at the same time.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:06:59 pm »

Senator McSally Calls Out Liberal CNN Hack

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: Grab sound bite number 33. This happened last Thursday, January 16th on Capitol Hill. I didn’t see this when it happened. It stunned me when I found out about it. In fact, when I heard, I didn’t believe this. I was pleasantly surprised when I confirmed that it happened. This is CNN and their liberal hack reporter Manu Raju.

RAJU: Senator McSally, should the Senate consider new evidence as part of the impeachment trial?

MCSALLY: Manu, you’re a liberal hack. I’m not talking to you.

RAJU: You’re not gonna comment?

MCSALLY: You’re a liberal hack.

RUSH: What? What? Martha McSally? Remember when she was running, a number of people objected to her because she was a RINO type Republican, that she was a — well, for a lack of a better term, I’m not crazy about it — Bush Republican. Meaning, whatever the media says, don’t fight it, go along with it, the Republicans’ role is to take the excrement sandwich.

And she just comes out, “You’re a liberal hack, I’m not talking to you. Manu Raju, you’re a liberal hack. I’m not talking to you.” And you know what happened after this? CNN had a meltdown. They had a meltdown, and they had panel discussions over what Martha McSally said and how dare she and how anybody — and how this was an attack on the Constitution, and it was an attack on the First Amendment.

You know, CNN is classic. They can dish out all the lies, they can bully, they can attempt to destroy anybody they want, but you hit back at ’em, “Oh, my God, that’s not fair, you can’t do it.” They get all bent out of shape about it. Martha McSally is one of the four Republicans, if my theory happens to be — it’s not just mine, by the way, but she’s one of the four Republicans that the Democrats, I think, are trying to make nervous.

And McSally, she’s considered to be in the Susan Collins camp. “Well, I’m not sure, what Trump did could look bad. I don’t know. I might have to vote, I might have to vote to — I don’t know.” She and couple others in there in supposedly risky reelections are being targeted to, you know, do a Jeff Flake, essentially, and bail on the president. It doesn’t sound like she is of that mind-set here at all, so I just wanted to point this out.

Okay, here we are at the top of the sound bite roster, audio sound bite number 1. All day yesterday and during the night last night – (interruption) Well, no, I know that McSally is a former fighter pilot and she’s not afraid of CNN. That’s not my point. My point is that — am I confusing her with someone? During the primary battle for her seat there were some Republicans uneasy that she wasn’t a so-called conservative. Well, I thought — I usually am.

She is not known for talking like this to the Drive-By Media. “You’re a liberal hack, Manu. I’m not talking to you.” It ought to be the standard answer that every Republican gives these people rather than accepting the premise every day that the media throws out. “Ah, Mr. Limbaugh, that’d be unnecessarily combative.” Unnecessarily combative? What do you think it is every day? It’s called joining the battle. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Now, yes, she was a former fighter pilot. And I never thought she was afraid of a CNN reporter. Not that. I don’t think she’s afraid of ’em now. Manu Raju. “You’re a liberal hack, Manu. I’m not talking to you.” The CNN meltdown about it was classic.
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 09:07:17 pm »
RUSH: What? What? Martha McSally? Remember when she was running, a number of people objected to her because she was a RINO type Republican, that she was a — well, for a lack of a better term, I’m not crazy about it — Bush Republican. Meaning, whatever the media says, don’t fight it, go along with it, the Republicans’ role is to take the excrement sandwich.

And she just comes out, “You’re a liberal hack, I’m not talking to you. Manu Raju, you’re a liberal hack. I’m not talking to you.” And you know what happened after this? CNN had a meltdown. They had a meltdown, and they had panel discussions over what Martha McSally said and how dare she and how anybody — and how this was an attack on the Constitution, and it was an attack on the First Amendment.

Gee, some lonely constituent must have told her she should take on the hacks in the press.  :whistle:

Probably the kind of wise guy who would tell her that if she votes for any kind of gun control, she can kiss her reelection good-bye.   :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 09:13:29 pm »

Trump’s New World Order Makes America #1 Again

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: From PJ Media: “Under Trump, America May Be its Strongest Since the End of World War II.” Now, this story is especially poignant, and it is especially timely. The establishment of the current world order — and I don’t mean this in a conspiratorial sense. There is a world order, and it is operated and maintained by what you would consider to be the worldwide establishment. Call it deep state, administrative state, whatever you want. It exists.

McCain even referred to it frequently when Trump was running for the presidency. McCain ran around saying, “Why in the world would we want to blow up this order that we established after World War II?” Because this order that we established subordinated the United States to a bunch of inferior nations on the basis that a singular, powerful superpower like the United States destabilized the world. Americans thinking that is preposterous.

Trump has indeed blown it up. He went to Davos. He went to Davos two years ago, and he told the people — all of these billionaires and industrialists and capitalists. He told ’em what was gonna happen. He told them that he was going to reshape the world order. He’s done it. He’s got a good start on it. He didn’t go to Davos last year because of the government shutdown, but he’s gonna go to Davos today, may already be there. He’s speaking to them tomorrow, and he’s gonna tell them what’s coming next.

And this is an article that explains it. Ask yourself this: “America May Be its Strongest Since the End of World War II.” There’s been a lot of time since the end of World War II, and the United States has been a superpower for all of that time. How can it be? I’m not doubting the assertion. I believe it. How can it be that the United States is today its strongest since the end of World War II? Why not the boom eighties? Why not the Clinton boom nineties, they said? Why now?

There is a specific answer to this that relates straight to Donald Trump and his view of the United States and its place in the world. By any measure — economic gains, economic strength, economic power, jobs, you name it — it is absolutely true. And it has been achieved in three years. So what happened in all of the years prior? I want to delve into this, because I think it’s a very important point for as many people as possible to understand. ‘Cause like I said in the first hour, the idea that America is not the good guys and that there are prominent Americans — primarily Democrats.

But there are a lot of them who think America is the problem in the world, and the problem stems from our size. It stems from our power, both military and economic — and that we’re not the good guys? That is just so foreign to me. As much good as we do for the world, as much good as we do for ourselves — and we have no competitor in increasing the standard of living, life expectancy, economic prosperity, reduction in poverty. There’s no nation even close, and yet this is seen as a problem by a lot of people. And it irks Trump, it’s always bothered him, and it’s one of the things that he is attempting to reverse.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 09:14:23 pm »

Democrats Are Impeaching Trump Because They Can’t Beat Him

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: Now, you know I have always believed that the Democrats have known that Trump was not gonna be convicted in an impeachment trial in the Senate.

So why do this? What’s the purpose? The worst thing that could happen is for Trump to be acquitted. I mean, here they’ve got this three-year investment into Trump being a traitor and a Russian spy, a Russian agent, whatever else they have said he is. With all of it, they don’t have an impeachable offense. They’ve got these two really pathetic articles of impeachment — and in order to keep the base of the Democrat Party energized and engaged, Pelosi had to go ahead and present the articles.

She totally bombed. She was waiting to present those articles for some bombshell event, some bombshell bit of evidence to come up that would force the Republicans to have to investigate in the Senate. But nothing happened, so she has to present them knowing there’s gonna be an acquittal. Why do this? The worst thing can happen is have all this horrible stuff said about Trump for all these years and then at the moment of truth — a trial on all of these outrages — Trump is found not guilty or acquitted. I think — and they’ll never admit this.

I think the Democrats have given up on beating Trump in November. Now, you might disagree, and you might think it’s too soon, and you might think, “No, they’ll never concede those kinds of things, Rush. You know them well enough to know that that’s not true.” I think… We’ve heard enough of them say, “If we don’t impeach Trump, he’s gonna be reelected.” Look, folks, they have their own internal polls. They know that things out there in America are rosier and better than they have been in many people’s lifetimes, that there is no reason under the sun to change horses here.

They know this. I believe they never thought they would actually be able to remove Trump from office via impeachment, either. I think as I’ve watched these things happen in the past, well, weeks and days, I think they obviously want to dirty Trump up. They want to put an asterisk next to his name. There’s some Clinton payback here as well. This is all about the 2020 campaign, but not for the presidency. They’re not gonna give up on it — I don’t want to be totally misunderstood — but they know that their odds there are very long.

But what if…? What if they could find a bunch of Jeff Flakes in the Senate to go against Trump and then lose their reelection? The Democrats could take the Senate, hold the House, and then totally thwart whatever Trump agenda, whatever Trump judicial nominees there are? I think this, my friends, is the key. I think they hope to use this Senate trial to win control of the Senate in November and effectively neuter Trump’s second term.

Now, Democrats hope to accomplish this by forcing… There are four so-called vulnerable Republicans: Martha McSally, Joni Ernst, Thom Tillis, and Cory Gardner. Those four so-called vulnerable Republican senators, the Democrats are gonna try to force them into defending Trump, thereby harming their reelection efforts. They’re looking for a bunch of Jeff Flakes. But what happened to Jeff Flake? (chuckling) He’s gone.

The Democrats are seriously putting the country through all of this — not to mention establishing this precedent that impeachment now is just a traditional political operation that can be used constantly against a president of the opposing party, all of this — in order to try to defeat four Republican senators and win control of the Senate, which is the epitome of abuse of power for personal political gain. Can you think of anything else? You talk about abuse of power, this phony impeachment scenario for personal political gain?

The Democrat Party, that’s what they’re accusing Trump of. They are actually engaging in it. But you know what else, folks? When you’re out a whole broadcast week like I was, and when you’re not… It’s a different mind-set when you’re just consuming, but you’re not consuming for the purposes of commenting, discussing, whatever. There’s a difference in it, and it is infuriating that we even have to talk about this impeachment.

The whole thing just infuriates me, that this has not been dismissed, that the Republicans cannot come up with a way to just dismiss it, that they’re afraid of what the media will say or what the Democrats will say. “Well, there are some witnesses that need to be…” The Republicans, many of them, are still stuck in this belief that the Democrats set the agenda, the media sets the narrative — and it, thus, must be responded to rather than just quashed. It just is infuriating to hear Republicans debating whether to call additional witnesses.

(chuckling) The Republicans weren’t allowed to call a single witness when the Democrats and Schiff were running the little shade show in the basement room in the Capitol. Why should the Democrats be able to introduce new testimony from ludicrous, ludicrous characters who are facing prison for election meddling, hiding a million dollars from the Russians? Why in the world should the Democrats be able to introduce testimony from people like this, when the Republicans aren’t even allowed to call the so-called whistleblower who started this whole charade in the first place — or even Joe and Hunter Biden?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I think people have forgotten what this original Ukraine mess was about as it relates to the Bidens. And of course this original Ukraine mess, the thing to remember is that Ukraine got its aid and, in fact, it got more than it asked for. All the stuff that happened prior to that doesn’t matter.

The Democrats, the whistleblower, nobody forced anybody, Trump or anybody else, to come through with the aid. It all happened. There’s nothing here. It’s ridiculous to have to keep talking about this. But what was the original thing that Trump asked when he’s talking to Zelensky? He said, among other things, that we want to find out what role Ukraine played in the 2016 election in the United States.

And then he wanted Ukraine to announce and perform an investigation into the Bidens for the sleazy deal that put Joe’s kid on the board of an energy company with which he’s got zero experience and was paying him gobs and gobs of money, Trump wanted to get to the bottom of it, wanted to find out what this was about. And the Democrats and the whistleblower said, “Trump was trying to dig up dirt on his potential 2020 opponent.”

What if that’s not what this is about? What if we have a corrupt country that everybody acknowledged and recognized was corrupt as the day is long until this new president came along, Zelensky. He was a reform candidate, gets elected on the basis of cleaning the country up in a number of ways. What about the very real possibility that Joe Biden, if he was ever elected president, would be subject to profound blackmail threats from this country based on the sleazy, slimy deal that his kid got and that his brother got?

The Biden family is more corrupt than people know. It makes sense that Trump would want to, for the purpose of — Trump believes in America, Make America Great Again — find out whether or not Biden has done things that make him a blackmail target. Ukraine and Russia, symbiotic relationship. If you look at it from that standpoint, “Come on, Rush, Trump wouldn’t care about that.” Who says Trump wouldn’t care about that? I think Trump would pointedly care about that.

Anyway, let me get started on the phones. We’ll start with Jill in Spokane, Washington. Great to have you on the program. Hello.

CALLER: Oh, hi, Rush. It’s so wonderful to talk to you. Mega dittos.

RUSH: Thank you. Thank you very much for calling.

CALLER: Welcome back. I’m glad you’re better. My question is about the upcoming trial. What, if any, positive or negative effect do you think Chief Justice Roberts would have?

RUSH: Look, all this stuff needs to be answered with caveats, reservations. But I don’t think the chief justice… (laughing) I’m on the verge of saying something here and as I say it I know how ridiculous – the chief justice doesn’t set the rules of the trial. Mitch McConnell, the Senate sets the rules. He’s just there as a timekeeper. But then, on the other hand, the guy rewrote Obamacare to make it constitutional, not necessarily to screw Republicans, to make sure that he, Roberts, didn’t get screwed by history by proclaiming the first big legislative effort by the first African-American president ever was unconstitutional. Didn’t want that on his resume.

Roberts is not a concern of mine in the trial. Now, it could be shown to be careless in that concern as the trial gets going, but the top of it here, I understand the concern because of what happened with Obamacare and we’ve heard that the guy hates Trump, like all establishment Washingtonians do. What’s your fear? You obviously have one. What do you think he would do?

CALLER: Well, just what you were saying, what he’d done in the past, is if there was an opening to somehow permanently, you know, keep him from serving the rest of the term —

RUSH: If you go back to the Clinton impeachment trial, sorry, can anybody tell me who the chief justice was? Anybody know who the chief justice was during the Clinton impeachment trial? Anybody know? Anybody? Probably many of you, “I don’t know. Who was?” That’s exactly right. That’s how much of a role he played. Zip, zero, nada.

His name was William Rehnquist. And he hated it. He didn’t want to be there. He didn’t want any part of it. He tried to stay in the background. He was a timekeeper. I don’t know how much of an activist Roberts is. It’s always a wild card, with Trump you never know. But he’s not at the top of my concerns of the Senate trial.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This is Scott in northern Colorado. Glad you called. I appreciate your patience in waiting too.

CALLER: Dittos from “the oil patch,” Cory Gardner country, Rush.

RUSH: Hey, great to have you, sir.

CALLER: Thank you. Hey, what happens if they call witnesses or whatever and let’s say Hunter decides to claim the fifth?

RUSH: Well, let me ask you what happens in any trial when somebody claims the fifth. What happens before they claim the fifth?

CALLER: Well, I assume they’re —

RUSH: “Mr. Biden, did you accept $38 million a year as a board member of an energy company after having zero experience in anything?” “I’m sorry. I’m pleading the Fifth Amendment.” “Oh, really? You must be guilty!” The question that is asked that generates the plea of the fifth is relatively… In court, you know, trials are a show. A lot of people resent this, but they are an art form. They’re not just pursuits of justice, and they are not simply an attempt to get to the truth. Jury manipulation, if you want to call it that.

How many times do you see lawyers asking questions that they know the judge is going to say, “You must disregard everything that stinking lawyer just said!” It’s impossible to disregard what the stinking lawyer just said. “You may not consider that in your deliberations.” So the jury says, “Okay. We can’t make it part of the deliberations, but they can’t tell if we did and we don’t admit it.” (sigh) I know you’re reacting to Senator Graham. Senator Graham said…

I think it was on Fox News Sunday yesterday. (summarized) He said, “If they’re gonna call witnesses, fine, then we’re gonna call witnesses. We’re gonna ’em all. We’re gonna call the Bidens. We’re gonna call this, we’re gonna call…” I’ll believe that when I see it, by the way. It would be great if they did. But pleading the fifth? I don’t know. Look, until we learn what we’re dealing with here in terms of the rules — and McConnell does. He’s got this. He’s not gonna let this get out of control, he says. If they try to turn it into a circus, he’s gonna kill it.

Remember, he runs this. They put together the rules. The Republicans run the Senate. They’re gonna make the rules of this trial, not the chief justice. The one thing — and I think numerous constitutional authorities will back me up on this — is the chief justice as judge does not control the courtroom like a judge does in his own courtroom. This is the United States Senate, and the Senate majority leader is Mitch McConnell, and he runs it. So I appreciate the call very much, Scott.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. So why is Trump really being impeached? Well, this is the rub. He’s being impeached because he’s too successful, and that’s never what impeachment was intended for. Now, I’m not gonna join the crowd of people sitting here wringing my hands over, “What have the Democrats done? They’ve now destroyed the whole concept,” ’cause the Democrats have been destroying things — the left has been destroying things — my whole life, and to act like this is something new?

It isn’t new. They just continue to cross thresholds. This is what they do. You know, they make this big joke about the solemn nature, the prayerful nature, and then they go out and get drunk. They start consuming adult beverages in a party after they do all this, and they get caught and the media says, “Oh, my God, the Democrats should have covered up that party.” Not that they shouldn’t have had it, that they should have made sure there weren’t any pictures of it.

Of course, the Democrats are corrupting it. The Democrats, the American left today is destroying and corrupting everything it touches. I don’t care what it is. I don’t care if it’s sports, I don’t care if it’s Hollywood, I don’t care if it’s politics, this is what they do. You know, there’s a story here in the Stack. Let me grab it. If it weren’t the other things that it is, it would be hilarious.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: So here’s why. Here’s why Trump is being impeached. It’s very clear what’s happening. He is being impeached by the Democrats in the House because of his very successful policies, massive improvements in controlling borders. Do you realize — and I’ve got the stories here in the Stack, and I talked about this before I left — the numbers of illegal immigrants attempting to get into the country has dropped significantly because we ended catch-and-release? They’re not being permitted in.

It’s a very quiet story. It’s under the radar. This ticks off the Democrats. That’s their voter-registration scheme. Donald Trump is being impeached because he is preserving private health insurance. If you listen to the Democrats in their debate, which we’re gonna do here in a minute, Medicare for All, single payer, whatever. If you have your health insurance at your job, they’re gonna take it. They’re gonna take it away, and 160 million Americans get their health insurance that way.

The Democrats are gonna take it away and they’re gonna replace it with Medicare for All, single payer. Trump is not gonna let it happen. “Damn it! Gotta get rid of him.” Donald Trump is being impeached because he’s standing up for the Second Amendment. He’s being impeached because he’s lowering taxes. He’s being impeached because he is resurrecting an economy that was crippled by design via the policies of the previous administration. He’s being impeached because he has totally destroyed the Obama effort to create Iran as the power base in the Middle East.

He’s being impeached because of massive improvements in America’s trade relationship with major industrial powers like the ChiComs and otherwise. He’s being impeached because he has rebuilt the military. He’s being impeached because he’s investigating corruption. Save the best for last: He’s being impeached because he wants to blow the whistle on Joe Biden and his own corruption and family, and that threatens every other dirty Democrat deal that may exist out there that we don’t know about.

Donald Trump is being impeached for the appropriate and successful use of presidential executive power. He is being the impeached because he is the most successful anti-Democrat president we have had in our lifetimes. He’s being impeached because they can’t stop him at the ballot box, they can’t stop him in the media, they can’t stop him on Twitter, they can’t stop him on Facebook, they can’t stop him in Russia, they can’t stop him in Ukraine, they can’t stop him anywhere.

So they’re gonna try to impeach him. He’s being impeached because they don’t know what to do. They can’t stop the guy, and he is single-handedly — with his supporters and his administration — doing more damage to decades of Democrat success, leftist success, establishment success than any president in our lifetimes. That’s why he’s been impeached. The Democrats are out there cynically fundraising, giving their base a phony impeachment to remain relevant. He’s being impeached because his successes threaten great damage to the Democrat Party.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 09:16:22 pm »

Scott Adams on Trump and Ukraine

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: This is Trish in Louisville. Great to have you with us. Hello.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. It’s an honor. I’ve seen recently a couple sources that Nancy Pelosi, Mitt Romney and John Kerry also have family members that have benefited from the corruption in the Ukraine. I just wonder how much that has influenced their actions as they move forward during the impeachment trial, and I feel like it needs to be out there and talked about.

RUSH: Well, let me see if I can help out here. There have been — and I’ve seen a number of stories referencing the amount of money in political payback, payoff (snort), typical of the way Washington people earn money under the table from Ukraine, and that a lot of it is threatened because of what Trump wanted to uproot. Trump wanted to uproot corruption. Now, I don’t know the specifics of Pelosi or Kerry. I think John Kerry’s area of corruption actually is Iran.

And the Romneys? I don’t have any direct knowledge of that. But the idea that some of this would be in the works in order to protect an existing supply chain (if you will) of paybacks, payments, under-the-table money, is not inconceivable. I find it fascinating. Only the Democrats would call it an abuse of power to investigation corruption. That is what Trump was essentially doing when he asked Zelensky in Ukraine to get to the bottom of the Biden relationship with Ukraine and Burisma, the company there.

He wanted to find out if a potential future president, Biden, had done things that would make him a blackmail target. Let me share with you a thread, a Twitter thread from Scott Adams, the noted cartoonist. He is not a conservative. He’s a smart guy — and as all smart people, he doesn’t call himself a conservative. He probably lives his life that way. He’s Mensa smart. Lots of degrees in economics. He’s a trained hypnotist, if you didn’t know that. But he looks at things differently, is the point.

He is by no means any part of conventional wisdom, which I admire, and I want to share with you his take on this entire Ukraine thing, which he believes (and admits) is something very few people have thought of, and that the Democrats and the media are doing their best to suppress this. He says this entire response to Trump’s phone call with President Zelensky in Ukraine has been “[t]he best persuasion play of the past year. Democrats/press brainwashing the public to not ask the only relevant question about the ‘perfect call'” that Trump had with Zelensky in Ukraine.

He says, “The only relevant question is this: Is there a legitimate national interest in finding out if the guy leading the polls” on the Democrat side “to be our next president has any blackmail potential from Ukraine?” That’s the only relevant question. As far as he looks at this, that’s all that matters on this. Not what the whistleblower made up. Not what the deep state and all of these civil servants had to say about this or that and the other in their testimony.

The only thing that is relevant is: What the hell was Trump getting at here? Is there a legitimate natural interest in finding out if Biden could potentially be blackmailed if he were to be elected president? Now, a lot of Democrats are gonna smirk when they first hear this. They’re gonna say (snickering), “Trump worried about blackmail? Trump is the most blackmailable president.” No, he’s not. In fact, the truth about Donald Trump is he may be the cleanest politician Washington has had. I don’t know of anybody who has been investigated more than Donald Trump.

I mean, it’s not even close, and they don’t have anything. They don’t have an impeachable offense. They don’t have a crime. All they have is a bunch of made-up allegations. They have attempts to plant evidence. They have attempts to create evidence with the intelligence community, the FBI leadership at the time. But they haven’t found a single thing! All they had in the Trump-Russia collusion thing, of course, is the dossier, and that was all made up, and it was…

You know, when Trump was first told about the golden showers story, he thought that he was being blackmailed right then by Comey. Do not doubt me on this, by the way. This is the January 6th meeting of 2017. It’s before Trump’s inaugurated. The day before is when Comey and Brennan and Clapper had the White House meeting with Obama, and they decide to tell Trump about the dossier and the gold showers, ’cause they want that in the news. They want the dossier out there.

The best way to make it news is to report that the president-elect has been told about it. So Comey, Clapper, Brennan go into the meeting. After the meeting, Clapper and Brennan leave and Comey says, “Mr. President, I want you to see something here,” and he shows him the golden showers story. Trump’s immediate reaction was, “This didn’t happen!” He thought he was being blackmailed. Donald Trump is not blackmailable. Joe Biden? The same can’t be said. Something smells to high wherever throughout the entire Biden political career.

So Scott Adams says, “That should be a top national concern. Especially since Russia probably finds out anything Ukraine knows. Ukraine corruption in general matters, but nothing so much as possible influence over our next president. So treating it as the top corruption risk involving Ukraine is sensible. Does it matter if Trump’s inner thoughts were only about re-election? No.” It doesn’t matter a hill of beans. “As long as he is working on a national priority, he is allowed to benefit politically.”

If Trump is genuinely trying to find out if Biden has done something so bad that he could be blackmailed… Trump loves America. He does not want America set up. He doesn’t want America used, taken advantage of by all these small-fry countries. Everybody knows this by now. If Biden would subject the United States to such blackmail, he wants to find out about it. Now, if he also benefits in the process, that’s not a problem according to the reasoning here of Mr. Adams. “Imagine a President Biden negotiating with Ukraine when he knows they probably (or might) know more about Hunter than we know. Does he go hard at them when it could be bad for his son?”

Probably not. So does Ukraine have leverage over the United States, say, in European missile defense or whatever — pipelines, natural gas, energy, whatever it is? If the Ukrainians have leverage over the next president, it weakens the United States. This is a centrally important thing. Lev Parnas, who I told everybody — and, by the way, I want to thank Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity went back to the archives of this program and the Dittocam on one of his programs last week. We, on this show back in November, predicted that this clown, Lev Parnas, would be one of Adam Schiff’s future bombshells, and it turned out to be exactly right.

We have the audio sound bites to back up the assertion. So Scott Adams says here, and, by the way, this next point is really crucial. “Lev Parnas tells us that getting Ukraine to announce an investigation was the focus because no one trusted Ukraine to do the actual investigation. Getting them ‘a little bit pregnant’ with a public announcement creates pressure for them to follow through.”

So everybody’s misunderstood this. On the phone call, Trump asked and demanded — and in subsequent meetings with other people, Trump was demanding of Zelensky that you announce the investigation into Biden. Now, everybody on the left and the media has said, “This is just Trump trying to win politically. This is Trump trying to embarrass Biden. This is despicable. This is impeachable.”

This is not what Trump was doing. Trump wanted them to publicly announce it so that they’d be on the hook. It’s one thing for Zelensky on the phone to tell him, “Okay. Okay. We’ll investigate.” They hang up and nothing happens. But if Zelensky is forced to publicly announce the investigation — and, by the way, none of this ended up happening, and Ukraine still got all of its money.

So, “If we accept the obvious, that finding out if Biden could be unduly influenced by Ukraine is a top national priority, and no one trusted Ukraine to do the right thing via normal lower level contacts, what option did Trump have? He used Rudy to ‘hack’ a broken system, shake the box, and put pressure on Ukraine, any legal way he could.

Now, “We don’t impeach presidents for operating differently than we would have done in the same situation. Trump ONLY operates differently, hacking one system after another, generally successfully.”

And then Adams concludes, “If the way I just framed things is the first time you have thought of it this way, and it probably is, you know why I say making you blind to it is the best persuasion play of the past year.”

In other words, his point is that there’s a simple explanation for what Trump did, what he asked and what he wanted to happen and what he wanted to know that has not been forthcoming. Now, the rejoinder to this is why doesn’t Trump announce, why doesn’t Trump say this?

There are there are certain things that you hold in reserve, certain things that you need to protect in internal matters, phone calls with foreign leaders. You can’t be seen as somebody that’s gonna blab to the world everything that happens in a phone call, or nobody’s gonna pick up the phone and talk to you.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Mr. Snerdley, let me ask you a little question now. Do you know, everybody says — let me read to you a paragraph here from Mr. Newt. Mr. Newt’s got this piece that ran a couple days ago at Fox News. “Trump Impeachment Will Bring Pelosi and House Democrats Condemnation by History.”

And here’s a pull quote from his piece. “Pelosi has it exactly backward,” when she says that Trump will be impeached forever. “The Senate is going to refuse to convict President Trump. He will be exonerated, and she and the Democrats will be condemned by history.

“The wide repudiation of the House Democratic betrayal of the Constitution is already beginning. As a historian myself, I think it’s important to document these reactions. Consider historian Victor Davis Hanson’s analysis for the National Review, which was subtitled: ‘The new normal: Impeachment as a routine partisan tool, endless investigations, lying under oath with impunity, surveillance of political enemies, zero accountability.’”

My question to you, everybody under the sun, I myself have said so, there ain’t no way Trump gets convicted. No way whatsoever. Do you believe that? Okay, let me phrase the question a different way. Do you think it is possible Trump could be convicted? (interruption) You don’t think that they could find a way to get 20 Republicans to betray Trump?

There’s a story in the Wall Street Journal today, or maybe it was yesterday, that Trump has used a charm offensive and his personal outreach to secure this unprecedented Republican unity. Do you think that this unprecedented Republican unity is because of a Trump charm offensive? I’m asking you. The unquestioned Republican unity is true. The Republican Party’s unified behind — I can’t see it and I know some of you probably are scared to death that when you hear everybody saying, “Trump will be acquitted,” you get worried, because you have seen this before.

You have seen conventional wisdom, something is a lock, it’s gonna happen, all of a sudden out of nowhere here comes some bombshell, October Surprise or whatever that blows it all up. It would take 20 Republicans to vote against Trump, to get a conviction, ’cause they need two-thirds. They need 67 votes in there to get a conviction. It isn’t gonna happen.

But the question about Republican unity, it’s not because of a charm offensive. That’s not why there’s Republican unity. The reason there is Republican unity is because the Democrats don’t have a single damn shred of anything. There is nothing. And the only potential Republican weakness here is on the calling of witnesses.

And that is only a weakness because the Republicans, some of them, are so, so concerned about appearing fair. Fair! There hasn’t been anything fair in this process since it began. And let’s trace the beginning, in this case to the election night of 2016, there hasn’t been anything fair.

Now we’re concerned the Democrats will not get a fair trial if they’re not allowed to call certain witnesses? Republican unity is based on the fact that the Democrats are so far out of the mainstream now that going Jeff Flake and joining them would be suicide. And this idea that we’ve gotta be fair or we need to call witnesses and look like — that’s an absolute nonstarter.

There isn’t a shred of evidence. This would be Republicans capitulating and going along and giving the Democrats their circus or show that they’re going to try to use and create a PR effort to make it look like Trump has done something, something they have failed to convince a majority of Americans despite three solid years of media lies and distortions.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 09:17:29 pm »

A Recap of the Boring, Dryball Democrat Debate

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: I mentioned the Democrat debate last week, how dull and boring and lifeless it was — and it’s not just me saying so. First, we have here a montage of the Drive-By Media. They were terribly disappointed, very let down. You realize when this debate happened last week, they thought coming off impeachment with the articles being presented, that this was gonna be a barnburner! They thought this was gonna be a launching pad for the anti-Trump movement for this election year, 2020 — and it landed with a dud that not even Democrats in the media and in elected politics could ignore.

CLAIRE MCCASKILL: A whole lot of people, find all of this tedious and boring.

JOHN HEILEMANN: It was a dull debate. It was a dull and plodding debate.

GAYLE KING: A lot of people are calling it a snoozer.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Nobody looked good on that debate stage. (Mika snorts)

DAVID AXELROD: (debate hall noise) Very much sort of low energy.

ROBBY MOOK: I found this debate quite subdued.

TERRY SULLIVAN: (crosstalk) “Subdued” is code for boring.

ROSANNA SCOTTO: (background noise) It was a little boring.

STEVE DOOCY: Why was it so boring?

DONNA BRAZILE: It was boring. It wasn’t as excitin’ as some of my Netflik (sic) horror thrillers.

TREVOR NOAH: Today’s debate wasn’t that exciting, and I guess this is what happens when you only have white people at your party.

AL SHARPTON: I didn’t see anybody on the stage, that really said, “I’m taking charge. I can be president. I can take on Donald Trump.”

RUSH: That last there was Al Sharpton minus the bullhorn. Let me tell you who these people were. The first voice was Claire McCaskill, then a noted leftist journalist named John Heilemann, “Dull debate, dull and plodding,” Gayle King, The Oprah’s best friend, “A lot of people calling it a snoozer,” David Axelrod, “Very much sort of low energy.” Steve Doocy, “Why was it so boring?” It was Donna Brazile that doesn’t know what Netflix is.

Donna Brazile said it was boring (imitating Brazile), “It wasn’t as exciting as some of my Netflick, uh, uh, horror, uh, thrillers.” And, of course, the late-night so-called comedian Trevor Noah, “Today’s debate wasn’t that exciting. That’s what happens when you have only white people at your party.” Old white people to boot. Here is Van Jones, and this is the primary take-away from every Democrat. He was speaking after the Democrat debate on CNN last week.

JONES: Tonight, for me, was dispiriting. Democrats gotta do better than what we saw tonight. There was nothing I saw tonight that would be able to take Donald Trump out. And I want to see a Democrat in the White House as soon as possible. There was nothing tonight that, if you’re looking at this thing, you’d say any of these people are prepared for what Donald Trump is gonna do to us.

RUSH: Van Jones: There’s nobody on this stage we saw that can beat Donald Trump. There’s nothing new about that. What were they hoping for, a miracle? “Tonight, for me, was dispiriting. Democrats gotta do better what we saw tonight. Nothing I saw tonight will be able to take Donald Trump out.” Hello, impeachment. And then CNN, after the debate last Wednesday night they released audio of Fauxcahontas and Bernie Sanders arguing after the debate.

WARREN: I think you called me a liar on national TV.

SANDERS: What?

WARREN: I think you called me a liar on national TV.

SANDERS: No. Let’s not do it right now. You want to have that discussion, we’ll have that discussion. You called me a liar — you told me – alright, let’s not do it now.

RUSH: (imitating Warren and Sanders) “You called me a liar on national TV, why’d you call me a liar?” “You are a liar, you lie all the time, let’s not do it right now.” She should be used to being called a liar. Lies about everything. She lies about being an Indian. She lies about sending her kids to public school. She lies about how she got her first job. She lies about everything.

Now, Bernie, let me get the transcript of this. I put it at the bottom of the page. Bernie Sanders said, “What?”

“I think you called me a liar on national TV.”

SANDERS: “You know, let’s not do it right now. You want to have the discussion, we’ll have the discussion.”

WARREN: “Any time.”

SANDERS: “You called me a liar. You told me. All right. Let’s not do it.”

So here we have — and this is kind of incredible here. The CNN co-moderator Abby Phillip says to Crazy Bernie, “Senator Sanders, CNN reported yesterday, Senator Warren confirmed in a statement that in 2018 you told her that you did not believe a woman could win the election. Why did you say that?”

SANDERS: Well, as a matter of fact, I didn’t say it. And I don’t want to waste a whole lot of time on this, ‘cause this is what Donald Trump and maybe some of the media want. Anybody knows me, knows that it’s incomprehensible that I would think that a woman cannot be president of the United States. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by three million votes. How could anybody in a million years not believe that a woman could become president of the United States?

RUSH: (imitating Sanders) “Oh, I didn’t say it. But I don’t want to waste a lot — I never said it.” So after Bernie denies it a second time, the moderator assumes that he said it in her follow-up question. Listen.

PHILLIP: So, Senator Sanders, I do want to be clear here. You’re saying that you never told Senator Warren that a woman could not —

RUSH: Okay, stop the tape, stop, stop, stop, stop. Look. I need you to really listen to this. I got a commercial break. This is the most incredible thing. So hang on. We’ll start this again.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. So here we are, which is Abby Phillip, one of co-moderators in the debate, she asks Crazy Bernie if he said to Fauxcahontas that a woman could never be elected pres, he denies that he said it. He denies it twice. After he denies it a second time, the moderator still assumes he said it, not denied it, but said it in her follow-up question to Fauxcahontas.

PHILLIP: So Senator Sanders, I do want to be clear here, you’re saying that you never told Senator Warren that a woman could not win the election?

SANDERS: That is correct.

PHILLIP: Senator Warren, what did you think when Senator Sanders told you a woman could not win the election?

AUDIENCE: (Laughter)

WARREN: I disagreed. Bernie is my friend, and I am not here to try to fight with Bernie.

RUSH: Ha!

WARREN: But, look, this question about whether or not a woman can be president has been raised and it’s time for us to attack it head-on.

RUSH: Come on.

WARREN: And I think the best way to talk about who can win is by looking at people’s winning record. So, can a woman beat Donald Trump? Look at the men on this stage. Collectively, they have lost ten elections.

AUDIENCE: (Laughter)

WARREN: The only people on this stage who have won every single election that they’ve been in are the women. Amy…

AUDIENCE: (applause starts)

Klobuchar: So true.

WARREN: …and me.

RUSH: Right. This is a microcosm of why it was just — it was painful.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 09:18:13 pm »

CNN Uncovers an Epstein Crime They Can’t Abide

Jan 20, 2020

RUSH: This is a CNN story. I assume all of you know who Jeffrey Epstein is — uh, was.

Jeffrey Epstein was what? He was the king of pedophiles. He was also the king of the Democrats. He was the king of Democrat partying, the king of Democrat fundraising. This guy was flying Democrats all over to his properties in Paris, in the Virgin Islands, in his New York apartment, and he was engaging in pedophilia and enabling them to engage in whatever action/activity they wanted to that he was providing. So Jeffrey Epstein is dead.

That’s not what this is about. Can I give you the headline? “Jeffrey Epstein’s Disregard for Environmental Protections Showed his Disrespect for the Law.” What! Really? “Jeffrey Epstein’s Disregard for Enviro…”? What is this about? Well, let me give you some pull quotes. Now, keep in mind the Drive-By Media totally ignored and buried the activities of this guy, this pervert for decades while he was abusing scores of little girls. How about #MeToo, anyone?

The Democrats and women are running around talking about all of the abuse of women and how they are used and treated shabbily and so forth, and covering up for this guy, because he was a philanthropist and a donor — and Bill Clinton liked to party with the guy. So did Prince Andrew and who the hell knows who else. But now CNN runs a story because the guy disregarded the climate. He was a climate threatener, and this is unacceptable.

The other stuff? Well, we cover that up and not talk about it. But this guy was destroying the planet. How did he do that? “uried in the lawsuit filed on Wednesday is a different type of accusation — the late Epstein as environmental villain. The lawsuit filed by U.S. Virgin Islands Attorney General Denise George against his [Epstein] estate says that Epstein and others potentially damaged the delicate environment with illegal construction projects and brushed aside fines and other efforts to curb his behavior.”

In other words, he did illegal construction, and they fined him, and he paid the fines. But he kept doing the illegal stuff, like building that temple, that weird looking temple that he had that nobody knows what it was for and all the buildings and the roads and highways. Somehow this was threatening climate change — or threatening the planet, causing climate change. “These alleged violations pale in comparison to the sexual abuse behavior that make up the main allegations of the lawsuit.

“Still, they provide further evidence of how Epstein flouted the legal system and used his money and power to avoid repercussions, according to officials. … During Epstein’s ownership of the islands [in the Virgin Islands], the ‘DPNR repeatedly issued citations and assessed thousands of dollars in fines for violations of the Virgin Islands construction code and environmental protection laws,’ the lawsuit says. Those were ‘significant’ penalties for the agency and to the average resident, the lawsuit says.

“But Epstein, with his multimillion-dollar wealth, was not your average resident. The fines had little effect in curbing or stopping his enterprise’s unlawful conduct or …” They’re upset because the guy had no concern for the environment. What he did with the girls? Eh. But his real crime was his lack of environmental concern. This is how corrupt and ludicrous these people are. They just destroy everything. So the idea that they have corrupted impeachment here? Spare me the tears. Of course they have! What have they not corrupted?

Support the USO