Author Topic: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?  (Read 1840 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?
By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 01/18/20 12:00 PM EST

Since his selection as Donald Trump’s running mate, many people believe that Mike Pence has been mired in the throes of PTSD — in this case, an acronym for “President Trump Stress Disorder.”

That is not to say that the vice president does not strongly support the president. He most certainly does. It’s just that Pence also seems to have a terminal case of whiplash as he snaps his head around time and again to witness the next shoe dropping, about or from the president.

Pence is the poster child of a reserved, traditional, button-down politician. Trump at times appears to consider these traits a weakness, counter to the persona he needs to push to protect his name, policies and legacy against the entrenched elites in the mainstream media and political parties who have sought to take him down since day one.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/478660-is-mike-pence-preparing-to-resign-assume-the-presidency-or-both
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Is Mike Pence preparing to resign, assume the presidency, or both?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 03:43:26 pm »
Well, I've never trusted Pence. I had never heard of him until Trump selected him.  There's just something about him that just doesn't ring "true".  I'd say he's preparing to assume the presidency.  Absolutely.  I believe that there is a strong possibility that him taking Trump's position has been in the 'works' for quite awhile.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 03:46:22 pm »
The Dems had to get rid of Agnew before they could get Nixon.

I expect they will try to get rid of Pence, one way or another (find something to chase him out over).

But first things first, they have yet to prove any High Crimes or Misdemeanors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 04:28:34 pm »
Why on Earth would Pence resign?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 04:56:46 pm »
Why on Earth would Pence resign?

I think there's a weed collective operating at The Hill. Not all partake, but some are chain-tokers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 05:05:43 pm »
I think there's a weed collective operating at The Hill. Not all partake, but some are chain-tokers.
Likely relatively low in the spectrum of vices there.

They should have to take pre employment and random drug tests. Democrats, daily, because they exhibit such odd and irrational behaviour.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 06:37:53 pm »
Well, I've never trusted Pence. I had never heard of him until Trump selected him.

Ron Paul, Pence and Cruz were inarguably the national face of the TEA Party.
Pence runs more libertarian than Cruz, but had a great record, prior to his election as governor of Indiana.

My personal opinion of Pence: He is a solid Conservative, lacking backbone to some degree. The degree of backbone seems to vary depending upon the 'in group' he's in..

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 06:40:49 pm »
Pence runs more libertarian than Cruz, but had a great record, prior to his election as governor of Indiana.

My personal opinion of Pence: He is a solid Conservative, lacking backbone to some degree. The degree of backbone seems to vary depending upon the 'in group' he's in..

My tends-to-the-left SIL hates Pence more than she does Trump.  "Too Religious."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 06:50:18 pm »
My tends-to-the-left SIL hates Pence more than she does Trump.  "Too Religious."
Pence has avoided the accusations of the honey pot by not going anywhere with a woman other than his wife alone. That bespeaks a degree of wisdom, but really frustrates the crap out of the left. They call him sexist, but they can't trot out some floozy to accuse him of anything.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 07:01:58 pm »

He is most solidly a social conservative, glowing with fiscal conservative, and his libertarian bent is something a Western man can understand... Which really leaves me in a quandry since his governorship. I do not believe he would have been reelected, largely due to social issues.

Still and all, I would consider it a bright point were he to ascend. And were he to select Cruz as his VP, Conservatives would line up and fight. Including me...

Successfully impeaching and convicting Tump may be the single most stupid thing that Dems could do.
It is probably about the only thing they could do to slam Conservatives back together, and resurrect the TEA Party to national status.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:03:40 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 07:08:23 pm »
Successfully impeaching and convicting Tump may be the single most stupid thing that Dems could do.
It is probably about the only thing they could do to slam Conservatives back together, and resurrect the TEA Party to national status.

In spite of McConnell's best efforts.  9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 07:14:02 pm »
In spite of McConnell's best efforts.  9999hair out0000

The moderates need to go. Conservatives in control of the Administration (and the RNC) can make that happen. Like I said, convicting Tump might not go the way they think.

Though no doubt McConnell knows that, and will do all in his power to keep Pence from ascending. That alone pretty much guarantees Tump's acquittal.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:16:06 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 07:15:27 pm »
The moderates need to go. Conservatives in control of the Administration (and the RNC) can make that happen. Like I said, convicting Tump might not go the way they think.

Will it ever go in a direction that would encourage you to spell his name correctly?   wink777
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 07:17:21 pm »
Will it ever go in a direction that would encourage you to spell his name correctly?   wink777

Not very likely. He IS a Tump... Not many city folk get the joke...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 07:20:23 pm »
I guess I'm city people....  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 07:21:09 pm »
I recall that he's a devout Christian and elder in his Presbyterian church. Oh, the horror!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 07:22:13 pm »
I recall that he's a devout Christian and elder in his Presbyterian church. Oh, the horror!

That's like a crucifix to Dracula, in the leftist view.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 07:27:20 pm »

Well, technically, a tump is a small mound of dirt... something about the size of a basketball pushed up out of the ground. That's funny enough, right there.

But in redneck parlance, at least in the west, it is the act of accidentally knocking something (small) over. A combination of 'tip' and 'dump' together. you might tump a salt shaker, or tump it over... You might tump your coffee cup causing a slop out onto the counter.

Get it now?

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 07:28:57 pm »

The last thing the GOP needs is to have someone in the Presidency who lacks backbone.   That is a positive quality of this President; he has a spine!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 07:29:41 pm »
    It's Trump's GOP now.  Besides the GOP has given nothing but crumbs to Conservatives since Reagan.
    At least we are witnessing the continuation of the dems imploding.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2020, 07:30:41 pm »
The last thing the GOP needs is to have someone in the Presidency who lacks backbone.   That is a positive quality of this President; he has a spine!

I will take character over backbone any day.
Backbone means nothing at all if it ain't aligned in the right direction.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 07:31:06 pm »

Oddly, I would think most 'city people' would find it utterly hilarious.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2020, 07:39:02 pm »
Well, technically, a tump is a small mound of dirt... something about the size of a basketball pushed up out of the ground. That's funny enough, right there.

But in redneck parlance, at least in the west, it is the act of accidentally knocking something (small) over. A combination of 'tip' and 'dump' together. you might tump a salt shaker, or tump it over... You might tump your coffee cup causing a slop out onto the counter.

Get it now?

Yes, thanks!
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2020, 07:45:00 pm »
I will take character over backbone any day.
Backbone means nothing at all if it ain't aligned in the right direction.

One's character means absolutely nothing if they cannot stand behind their character.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2020, 07:47:12 pm »
One's character means absolutely nothing if they cannot stand behind their character.

More of a chance than one without character. At least he knows what's right.