Author Topic: Chinese tourists found dead by 1973 Iceland plane crash site  (Read 337 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Chinese tourists found dead by 1973 Iceland plane crash site
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:46:51 pm »
Chinese tourists found dead by 1973 Iceland plane crash site

Two Chinese nationals in their early 20s have been found dead at the site of a 1973 plane crash in southern Iceland.

Police said the man and the woman were found near the Sólheimasandur crash site, which draws tourists.

A police spokesman told the BBC a post-mortem would take place early next week to establish the causes of death.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51152831

There is an image of this old wreck site at the link. We generally don't use Getty images and it is their image.

So, I'm still reading this, surely this is something like exposure, hypothermia. Not a good time to try and go to this place.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Chinese tourists found dead by 1973 Iceland plane crash site
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 08:54:48 pm »
There is an image of this old wreck site at the link. We generally don't use Getty images and it is their image.

So, I'm still reading this, surely this is something like exposure, hypothermia. Not a good time to try and go to this place.
There are places on the planet where the weather will kill you, given a chance.
This appears to be such an incident.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:22:51 pm »
Farther down the OP article:

Officers had not found any signs of a "criminal act" by a third party, he said, adding that the bodies showed signs of hypothermia.
The plane is far off the beaten track. A sign at the nearest car park on the main road warns that it can take slow walkers up to two hours to reach the plane, and another two hours for them to get back.

A rolled or sprained ankle would have worsened their situation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:08:35 pm »
Farther down the OP article:

A rolled or sprained ankle would have worsened their situation.
I wonder what the temperatures and wind chills were where they were walking? Even in relatively warm temperatures, (30s above zero) add a 15-20 MPH wind and the poorly dressed get very cold, very quickly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis