Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79612 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #3200 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:32 pm »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3201 on: March 24, 2020, 05:59:18 pm »
"But we've got a good test.  We've done more in 8 days...nobody knows that.  I just heard this number a few minutes ago, I learned it from being on your show...actually...pretty impressive."  - President Trump just now

Pretty impressive indeed Mr. President.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 06:01:58 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3202 on: March 24, 2020, 06:04:55 pm »
If nobody posted it, "WHO cautions US could become next epicenter.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/489179-who-cautions-us-could-become-next-epicenter-of

This is the same WHO who declared China was NOT the epicenter?  Yeah, they just ooze with credibility.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3203 on: March 24, 2020, 06:09:57 pm »
Gospel singer, Sandi Patty has tested positive for coronavirus, so she and her husband Don are quarantined.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #3204 on: March 24, 2020, 06:34:40 pm »
Lee Zeldin @leezeldin
·
17m
Update: After working w/ incoming WH Chief of Staff @RepMarkMeadows  & @NYGovCuomo 's office, 4000 more ventilators are being sent from @fema
 to NY over the next 24 hours. Working to secure more now to be best prepared for the coming days & weeks in case this pace continues.

« Reply #3205 on: March 24, 2020, 06:59:22 pm »

Great questions from Dr. Nicole Saphier during the Fox Coronavirus Town Hall with President Trump with half as much President Trump.  They should do this with the press conferences.  Let the experts present the information and address concerns, then bring out the President for the last hour ( with commercials ) to quiz him on what he learned. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #3206 on: March 24, 2020, 07:01:13 pm »

Great questions from Dr. Nicole Saphier during the Fox Coronavirus Town Hall with President Trump with half as much President Trump.  They should do this with the press conferences.  Let the experts present the information and address concerns, then bring out the President for the last hour ( with commercials ) to quiz him on what he learned.

888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3207 on: March 24, 2020, 07:01:41 pm »

*hmmmm*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #3208 on: March 24, 2020, 07:18:23 pm »
https://abc13.com/6042444/

Coronavirus Relief: Lionel Richie proposes 'We Are the World' remake for COVID-19 aid

NOPE!  Forget the bills, the incessant hand washing till my hands are raw, and the quarantine.  I am ready to go now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:19:19 pm by Once-Ler »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3209 on: March 24, 2020, 08:07:49 pm »
Not sure what is happening to the numbers.  Yesterday, there were nearly 200 reported recoveries in the US.  Today, only 35. The State of New York had listed around 150 recoveries yesterday.  Today, they list zero.

2020-03-24  15:00 CDT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global5.64 ↓3.95 ↑
US/Can/Mex      0.28 ↓289.77 ↑
China22.32 ↑ 1.11 ↓

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #3210 on: March 24, 2020, 08:20:55 pm »
President Trump's denial that he said the tests were perfect in Feb was a mistake because the video is out.  So was saying the 1918 influenza pandemic had a 50% mortality rate.

« Reply #3211 on: March 24, 2020, 08:24:28 pm »
Not sure what is happening to the numbers.  Yesterday, there were nearly 200 reported recoveries in the US.  Today, only 35. The State of New York had listed around 150 recoveries yesterday.  Today, they list zero.

2020-03-24  15:00 CDT

Global5.64 ↓3.95 ↑
US/Can/Mex      0.28 ↓289.77 ↑
China22.32 ↑ 1.11 ↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ tallies 370 recoveries in the US

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3212 on: March 24, 2020, 08:39:47 pm »
I feel safer.  I just got a postcard from the President today.  I also got a second notification to fill out the Census, which I did two days ago.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3213 on: March 24, 2020, 08:41:17 pm »
Confirmed cases in Michigan:  1335

Confirmed case in Ohio:  566

Michigan delayed a week behind Ohio instituting the safety measures to keep their citizens safe.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DB

« Reply #3214 on: March 24, 2020, 08:43:45 pm »
I feel safer.  I just got a postcard from the President today.  I also got a second notification to fill out the Census, which I did two days ago.

When I received the first census demand I completed it that same day via the Internet. That was at least several days ago. And yesterday I received a second notice to do it... What?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3215 on: March 24, 2020, 08:55:47 pm »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ tallies 370 recoveries in the US
@Once-Ler , thanks for the link.  I will use it as a basis from now on.  The China numbers matched, but the rest did not.  However, it showed
320 recoveries in Canada yesterday, but only 112 today, which is about the same discrepancy with the other site.

2020-03-24

Global5.83 -3.85 -
US/Can/Mex      0.68 -114.89 -
China22.32 - 1.11 -
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3216 on: March 24, 2020, 09:00:09 pm »
When I received the first census demand I completed it that same day via the Internet. That was at least several days ago. And yesterday I received a second notice to do it... What?

"We're sending you this letter, and if you don't get it we'll send another!"  I just trashed the second one, I did the same as you when I got the first. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3217 on: March 24, 2020, 09:00:55 pm »
I got a message from my wife's 1st cousin that lives in the Bari region of Southern Italy.

He said the virus was spreading to Southern Italy.

He  states they were "closed in the house."

I have known him since 1970 when we met him in Italy, and later when he came to the US to visit.

(my contribution to anecdotal info. His family included a veteranarian, a lawyer, a  doctor, an emt-firefighter, a model, school-teachers, a legal immigrant to the US-my deceased MIL)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3218 on: March 24, 2020, 09:02:01 pm »
@Once-Ler , thanks for the link.  I will use it as a basis from now on.  The China numbers matched, but the rest did not.  However, it showed
320 recoveries in Canada yesterday, but only 112 today, which is about the same discrepancy with the other site.

Looks like statistical noise, to me.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3219 on: March 24, 2020, 09:38:15 pm »
I think the data, have all sorts of problems.

Definitions. Timeframes. Trustworthiness. Political motivations. Language translations.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #3220 on: March 24, 2020, 09:41:46 pm »

Definitions. Timeframes. Trustworthiness. Political motivations. Language translations.
Agreed

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3221 on: March 24, 2020, 09:45:44 pm »

Agreed

This is what statistics look like when trying to examine a too-small population of data points.  It's just noise.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3222 on: March 24, 2020, 09:52:55 pm »
This is what statistics look like when trying to examine a too-small population of data points.  It's just noise.
Yeah, you can even get climate to plot out like a hockey stick.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3223 on: March 24, 2020, 09:54:28 pm »
Yeah, you can even get climate to plot out like a hockey stick.

Same Ting. 
I will NOT comply.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3224 on: March 24, 2020, 09:55:06 pm »
Want to see how much each county in America is changing their habits? This crude Social Distancing Scoreboard measures the change in distance traveled to come up with a score for each county.

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard

Of course, travel isn't the main driver except perhaps for transporting the virus to new places. It's the large crowds that really drive this stuff.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024