Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #3150 on: March 23, 2020, 10:41:53 pm »
Daniel Horowitz
@RMConservative
·
9m
I'm a governor. Isn't it horrendous 35k die a year of car accidents? I declare a complete suspension of car traffic. If we can save just one life. #Orwell #ChinaVirus

But when a first responder goes to the scene of a car accident, he or she isn’t in danger of getting into (contracting) a car accident due to exposure, the doctors and nurses who treat the victims of car accidents are not in danger of getting into (contracting) a car accident due to exposure. Patients in the hospital for other reasons are not in danger of getting into (contracting) a car accident due to exposure.

Stupid comparison.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3151 on: March 23, 2020, 10:48:33 pm »
But when a first responder goes to the scene of a car accident, he or she isn’t in danger of getting into (contracting) a car accident due to exposure, the doctors and nurses who treat the victims of car accidents are not in danger of getting into (contracting) a car accident due to exposure. Patients in the hospital for other reasons are not in danger of getting into (contracting) a car accident due to exposure.

Stupid comparison.

Not stupid at all. 

He's highlighting how the same reasoning for shutting down the entire country over what it in reality a handful of deaths from Chinese Corona Virus could be applied to other forms of what anyone could turn into a crisis with the same reasoning being used now.

Car accidents obesity gun deaths...the list goes on.

Using the guise of a "pandemic" to do what we see going on now is the proverbial camel's nose under the tent flap for what Liberals can and will do in the future in order to "save just one life".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DB

« Reply #3152 on: March 23, 2020, 10:51:31 pm »

Stupid comparison.

It appears most people do okay when infected with this but some people do very badly regardless of age or health. It is the not knowing which outcome will happen to you that drives the larger problem. There are now lots of stories about young healthy people being put into ICU or worse by this.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3153 on: March 23, 2020, 10:56:44 pm »
It appears most people do okay when infected with this but some people do very badly regardless of age or health. It is the not knowing which outcome will happen to you that drives the larger problem. There are now lots of stories about young healthy people being put into ICU or worse by this.

Are you watching the administration briefing right now? They just explicitly said young people, or people under 50, have very little to worry about with this virus.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3154 on: March 23, 2020, 10:57:05 pm »
Not stupid at all. 

He's highlighting how the same reasoning for shutting down the entire country over what it in reality a handful of deaths from Chinese Corona Virus could be applied to other forms of what anyone could turn into a crisis with the same reasoning being used now.

Car accidents obesity gun deaths...the list goes on.

Using the guise of a "pandemic" to do what we see going on now is the proverbial camel's nose under the tent flap for what Liberals can and will do in the future in order to "save just one life".

We must never forget:  Never let a crisis go to waste.  I'm Mr. Broken Record today.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #3155 on: March 23, 2020, 11:04:11 pm »

The thing is, is because this is a novel virus, no one has any immunity. Even if one doesn’t become severely or deadly ill, they can still be too sick to work for a week or more. Now if a significant number of those too sick to work or having to quarantine are first responders and doctors and nurses, that is a serious problem.

The other key point, specifically when it comes to comparing COVID-19 to influenza is that most if not all healthcare workers get influenza vaccinations and while not perfect, afford some measure of protection in addition to those who have immunity from prior exposure to similar influenza strains.  We also have proven treatments for influenza.  We do not yet have a COVID-19 vaccination.

And while some like to compare the deaths and serious illnesses (so far) from COVID-19 to other causes of death, remember this is on top of those.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline DB

« Reply #3156 on: March 23, 2020, 11:18:36 pm »
Are you watching the administration briefing right now? They just explicitly said young people, or people under 50, have very little to worry about with this virus.

I don't know what to tell you. There news report that I read today that something like 40% of the people in ICU in New York are less than 44 or something not too far from that (I don't remember exactly).

Offline DB

« Reply #3157 on: March 23, 2020, 11:19:47 pm »
The thing is, is because this is a novel virus, no one has any immunity. Even if one doesn’t become severely or deadly ill, they can still be too sick to work for a week or more. Now if a significant number of those too sick to work or having to quarantine are first responders and doctors and nurses, that is a serious problem.

The other key point, specifically when it comes to comparing COVID-19 to influenza is that most if not all healthcare workers get influenza vaccinations and while not perfect, afford some measure of protection in addition to those who have immunity from prior exposure to similar influenza strains.  We also have proven treatments for influenza.  We do not yet have a COVID-19 vaccination.

And while some like to compare the deaths and serious illnesses (so far) from COVID-19 to other causes of death, remember this is on top of those.

Just to be clear, I wasn't arguing against your point at all. Same goes to police departments etc.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3158 on: March 23, 2020, 11:19:59 pm »
We must never forget:  Never let a crisis go to waste.  I'm Mr. Broken Record today.

I know the feeling.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DB

« Reply #3159 on: March 23, 2020, 11:22:30 pm »

Okay, I found one story. I didn't get it quite right.

"Nearly one-third of confirmed cases in the U.S., and 20% of those hospitalized, were between the ages 20 and 44, according to CDC data released last week."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-florida-spring-break-test-positive-covid-19-college-students-not-social-distancing-university-of-tampa/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3160 on: March 23, 2020, 11:26:32 pm »
Kevin McCarthy was on Mark Levin's show saying one of the nasty tricks Pelosi is trying to pull in her new bill is a reduction in the ICE budget.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:28:34 pm by txradioguy »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3161 on: March 23, 2020, 11:29:24 pm »
Phill Graham once prophesied that we would wind up hunting Democrats with dogs.  He may yet be proven right.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #3162 on: March 23, 2020, 11:30:17 pm »
   Trump is kicking Ass in this Briefing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3163 on: March 23, 2020, 11:49:02 pm »
Okay, I found one story. I didn't get it quite right.

"Nearly one-third of confirmed cases in the U.S., and 20% of those hospitalized, were between the ages 20 and 44, according to CDC data released last week."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-florida-spring-break-test-positive-covid-19-college-students-not-social-distancing-university-of-tampa/

...and younger people have a much better rate of surviving the ICU, once hospitalized.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3164 on: March 23, 2020, 11:49:52 pm »
Phill Graham once prophesied that we would wind up hunting Democrats with dogs.  He may yet be proven right.

Where can I sign up for one?
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3165 on: March 24, 2020, 12:00:49 am »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3166 on: March 24, 2020, 12:14:01 am »
Just a thought, don't mean nuthin', but...

... isn't it about time to close off this thread, and open up a fresh one?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3167 on: March 24, 2020, 12:16:26 am »

If this never pans out, it does sound farfetched. But I'd hate to learn later it's true.

Chinese Scientists Raise Concerns Over Potential Link Between Coronavirus and Male Fertility
https://www.newsweek.com/chinese-scientists-coronavirus-male-fertility-1488235

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3168 on: March 24, 2020, 12:34:19 am »
Where can I sign up for one?

For a few of the more odious ones I know you don't need no dog.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3169 on: March 24, 2020, 12:51:52 am »
Well, that's not true.

It may not kill anyone under 40, but it's still a pretty nasty infection. And given that the younger ones are more likely to travel and congregate in large crowds, they're spreading the disease faster.

The good news? It skews the death rate down.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3170 on: March 24, 2020, 12:56:28 am »
Well, that's not true.

It may not kill anyone under 40, but it's still a pretty nasty infection. And given that the younger ones are more likely to travel and congregate in large crowds, they're spreading the disease faster.

That was Dr Birx point - the worst 99.98% of infected in reasonably good health under 60 only have to worry about is a 'nasty infection', not death or even a night in the ICU, which is what I suspect a large percentage of the population think right now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 12:58:34 am by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3171 on: March 24, 2020, 01:17:34 am »
Progressive Twitter Troll: Blah blah blah Corona Virus is Trump's fault! 

Me: replies with factual information 

PTT: ORANGE MAN BAD! 

Me: More factual information to refute Lib talking points 

PTT: "This member limits who can see their tweets"

Online corbe

« Reply #3172 on: March 24, 2020, 01:21:28 am »

I love this woman, Cruz/Birx 2024.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3173 on: March 24, 2020, 01:36:55 am »
Ain't nobody watched Boy in the Bubble? Put them quarantined Senators in a portable quarantine and park their fat asses on the floor.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL....great idea!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3174 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:43 am »
Thanks for the post @DB it is nice to know Senator Paul inflicted the virus upon countless because of his he knew he should have been tested anyways.  What a guy. 888heartkitty
Countless?

[Please, no personal attacks.  -Mod2]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:55:08 pm by Mod2 »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington