Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79650 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #3050 on: March 22, 2020, 05:15:35 pm »
OTOH, considering the "Supply Chain"issues of an extended cris  implications of a long term stay.  Hawaii may be one of the last places in this country  I would want to be stranded in.  I have been there, and the indigenous Polyneisan population does not tend to like outsiders in general.  Can you imagine how they will treat them in an emergency?

OTH, OTH, if you have prepper tendencies and are in a safe secure location near some wilderness, the bounty would be endless.  Food grows wild there in massive quantities

Yer jus' an ol' Haole.   :laugh:

Hang Loose, Brah.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3051 on: March 22, 2020, 05:25:00 pm »
@mrpotatohead Agreed and he is stupid to think he could get away with tweeting it.  But the most hate inspiring President still has to be President George W Bush who was so hated they made a movie fantasizing his assassination.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a_President_(2006_film) Makes that tweet look like a booger, huh?

If there is a Republican President, he will be subjected to this hate. And let's not forget, they hated McCain and Romney, not even presidents too. I hope in the years since these two nominees ran, people are smarter. Remember that about carry the dog on top of the car....

So, to me, it doesn't really matter who is a Republican President, this unhinged hate will show up, maybe it is less with some persons.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3052 on: March 22, 2020, 05:28:59 pm »
Russia Aims to Stir Distrust in Europe on Virus Disinformation
By Andrea Dudik

Internal EU memo finds fake news produced in many languages

‘Campaign is designed to exacerbate confusion, panic and fear’

A substantial Russian campaign has spread disinformation about the coronavirus with the intention of worsening the crisis in Western countries by spreading distrust in national health-care systems and intensifying fear and confusion, according to an analysis by the European Union.

“A significant disinformation campaign by Russian state media and pro-Kremlin outlets regarding COVID-19 is ongoing,” according to an internal EU document dated March 16 and seen by Bloomberg News. “The campaign is designed to exacerbate confusion, panic and fear, and to prevent people from accessing reliable information about the virus and public-safety provisions.”

The EU analysis found that disinformation was spread in multiple languages including English, Italian, Spanish, Arabic and Russian. It also said the East StratCom Task Force -- a multi-agency EU team focusing on such campaigns of deception -- had identified 80 cases related to coronavirus since January 22.

Read more at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-19/russia-aims-to-stir-distrust-in-europe-on-virus-disinformation

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3053 on: March 22, 2020, 05:47:44 pm »
A substantial Russian campaign has spread disinformation about the coronavirus with the intention of worsening the crisis in Western countries by spreading distrust in national health-care systems and intensifying fear and confusion, according to an analysis by the European Union.

I hope my boy Richard Grenell, our fabulous new acting director of national intelligence since last month, and replacing Joseph Maguire 6 months earlier...I do hope he feels like he's got everything in place because a terror attack now would be devastating, and I also hope he's not counting on the Russians to help President Trump win the 2020 election, because Sleepy-Joe might actually be looking very appealing as the weakest US President to Putin.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3054 on: March 22, 2020, 06:14:00 pm »
I have kept relatively quiet about my experience in this of  matter , but:

(1) One of my first jobs out of college was with a State Dept. of Health, both in public health and in microbial laboratory analysis.  I dealt with CDC on epidemological reporting, I also particpated in a small regional Cholea outbreak containment back in the late '70's. and early 80's.  One old salty regional manager ....  he was about 70 at the time, half the time drunk happy77, but very wise, and everyone valued his council.  He  confided in us that 3 times out of 4, the panic of an epidemic is more damaging than the disease itself.  Fear and disinformation are the biggest enemies of those in the public health sector.

(2) Toward the end of my career, in my tenure  the Safety, Health, and Environmental Manager of a petrochemical plant, I was tasked in conjunction with the rest of the facilties in the country, with preperation of a Communicable Disease Contingency Plan.  One thing that was so important is the fact that proper planning,  preperation, and coordinaton on wide scale is needed to sucessfully address the containment and spread of the contagion. All levels of  governments get an "F" IMO in that regard.

With that...... this is and what should be the driving principles in priority order....

(1) Identify, isolate ,protect, and sustain critical national infrastructure.  examples....Utilities, Industries, Supply Chain, Medical, Emergency Services.
(2) Identify, isolate, and sustain at risk populations.
(3) Establish and segregate facilties (hospitals, outpatient stations, dispensaries, etc) for contagion vs. general population needs.  Work should have been started weeks ago preparing satelitte hospitals and facilites to address this.
(4) Continue commerce, as normal, except taking extraordinary means like we are doing right now to protect and slow down spread of the disease.-  WE CAN ADRESS THIS WITHOUT DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:36:45 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3055 on: March 22, 2020, 06:25:31 pm »

(1) One of my first jobs out of college was with a State Dept. of Health, both in public health and in microbial laboratory analysis.  I dealt with CDC on epidemological reporting, I also particpated in a small regional Cholea outbreak containment back in the late '70's. and early 80's.  One old salty regional manager ....  he was about 70 at the time, half the time drunk happy77, but very wise, and everyone valued his council.  He  confided in us that 3 times out of 4, the panic of an epidemic is more damaging than the disease itself.  Fear and disinformation are the biggest enemies of those in the public health sector.

(2) Toward the end of my career, in my tenure  the Safety, Health, and Environmental Manager of a petrochemical plant, I was tasked in conjunction with the rest of the facilties in the country, with preperation of a Communicable Disease Contingency Plan.  One thing that was so important is the fact that proper planning,  preperation, and coordinaton on wide scale is needed to sucessfully address the containment and spread of the contagion. All levels of  governments get an "F" IMO in that regard.

With that...... this is and what should be the driving principles in priority order....

(1) Identify, isolate ,protect, and sustain critical national infrastructure.  examples....Utilities, Industries, Supply Chain, Medical, Emergency Services.
(3) Establish and segregate facilties (hospitals, outpatient stations, dispensaries, etc) for contagion vs. general population needs.  Work should have been started weeks ago preparing satelitte hospitals and facilites to address this.
(4) Continue commerce, as normal, except taking extraordinary means like we are doing right now to protect and slow down spread of the disease.-  WE CAN ADRESS THIS WITHOUT DESTROYONG OUR ECONOMY.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #3056 on: March 22, 2020, 06:32:17 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #3057 on: March 22, 2020, 06:34:52 pm »

(4) Continue commerce, as normal, except taking extraordinary means like we are doing right now to protect and slow down spread of the disease.-  WE CAN ADRESS THIS WITHOUT DESTROYONG OUR ECONOMY.

Are there any indications that most of those things are being done?

Those things make sense to me. Especially creating a parallel health system physically separated from our normal general purpose healthcare system to isolate the contagion. Keeping it out of the normal healthcare flow of things where it causes further disaster.

Offline DB

« Reply #3058 on: March 22, 2020, 06:43:38 pm »
"There's drug combo to shorten coronavirus, French researchers say"

https://www.foxnews.com/science/french-researchers-publish-antimalarial-and-antibiotics-combination-that-could-shorten-covid-19

Madcow has some explaining to do...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3059 on: March 22, 2020, 06:52:41 pm »
Are there any indications that most of those things are being done?

Those things make sense to me. Especially creating a parallel health system physically separated from our normal general purpose healthcare system to isolate the contagion. Keeping it out of the normal healthcare flow of things where it causes further disaster.

Been retired for 7 years, so have been out of the loop. I'd guess most responsible industrial companies have had plans since the H5N1 episode.  OTOH, it sure seems obvious that government at all levels...  fed, state, and local have generally responded flatfooted.  Terrible disjointed and uncoordinated  response. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3060 on: March 22, 2020, 06:54:09 pm »
"There's drug combo to shorten coronavirus, French researchers say"

https://www.foxnews.com/science/french-researchers-publish-antimalarial-and-antibiotics-combination-that-could-shorten-covid-19

Madcow has some explaining to do...

And who's going to ask her?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3061 on: March 22, 2020, 07:09:18 pm »

(4) Continue commerce, as normal, except taking extraordinary means like we are doing right now to protect and slow down spread of the disease.-  WE CAN ADRESS THIS WITHOUT DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY.

Excellent! Would that it were so. And here I thought you were just sensible.  :beer:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3062 on: March 22, 2020, 07:51:12 pm »

« Reply #3063 on: March 22, 2020, 07:55:27 pm »

Given your substantial experience in this area you might want to lead with that earlier.  I have kept relatively quiet about my experience in this of  matter , but:  I was never tasked with the preparation of a Communicable Disease Contingency Plan at Little Caesars.

I have heard tell of pointy headed elitists who hate President Trump who insist President Trump is destroying our economy.  So I'ma gonna be asking you, is you is, or is you isn't one of those Trump-hatin pointy-elitists who hates President Trump? 

The guy asked for 15 days and America says FU Trump.  You're doing it all wrong.  You're too stupid to get it right.  You're too dumb the pointy head elitists say.  Well I believe the President has listened to many people much smarter than he is, and this is the best we're gonna get.  I also say my President isn't destroying our economy.  He has had a consistent message for 7 days.  The 15 day guideline - He didn't even make it an unconstitutional mandate.  Just a suggestion - "We suggest you stay indoors if you want to live, because some MFs are willing to gamble with your life to inflate news ratings."  One week in the knives come out. 

My President loves me so much that he doesn't want my death to add to 400 Americans who have preceded me.  I honestly believe that, and it's not even hard.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3065 on: March 22, 2020, 08:06:30 pm »

Confucius say; "Man with itchy butt, have stinky finger".  :rolling:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Closing the bank !
« Reply #3066 on: March 22, 2020, 08:08:52 pm »
Got this in an email:
==============
Temporary change
to branch access

The safety and well-being of our customers
and employees is our top priority.

Due to the continued impact of Coronavirus, we are taking extra precautions to encourage social distancing, while being able to provide the essential service customers expect and need. In addition to recently modified branch hours, we are instituting new policies for branch access as follows:

â–    Beginning Monday, March 23, all in-person banking inside People's United branches will be accessible by appointment only.
â–    Please call your local branch during hours of operation to check available services and to make your appointment ahead of time.
â–    Drive-thru window service will continue following a reduced hour schedule and ATM banking will remain available

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3067 on: March 22, 2020, 08:17:13 pm »
Given your substantial experience in this area you might want to lead with that earlier.  I have kept relatively quiet about my experience in this of  matter , but:  I was never tasked with the preparation of a Communicable Disease Contingency Plan at Little Caesars.

Little Caesar's?  Since when did they get into the Petrochemical Segment?
:cool:

I have heard tell of pointy headed elitists who hate President Trump who insist President Trump is destroying our economy.  So I'ma gonna be asking you, is you is, or is you isn't one of those Trump-hatin pointy-elitists who hates President Trump? 

My position on Trump has been pretty clear.  Started out as NT, due to his treatment of Cruz.  But have grown to accept the good he has done, and understand the garbage on the dim side of the aisle might may destroy our country.  Especially now after this crisis.  So to answer your question, I accept Trump warts and all, and will be voting for him in November.

The guy asked for 15 days and America says FU Trump.  You're doing it all wrong.  You're too stupid to get it right.  You're too dumb the pointy head elitists say.  Well I believe the President has listened to many people much smarter than he is, and this is the best we're gonna get.  I also say my President isn't destroying our economy.  He has had a consistent message for 7 days.  The 15 day guideline - He didn't even make it an unconstitutional mandate.  Just a suggestion - "We suggest you stay indoors if you want to live, because some MFs are willing to gamble with your life to inflate news ratings."  One week in the knives come out. 

No disagreement with anything you have said there.  Problem I have is this entire response has been a mess on the cooridination scale.  Can part of this be pinned on Trump, ...  some.  But OTOH, plenty at the cabinet, agency level, congressional, ....plus a multitude at the state level need to provide an  explanation to this country, on why it was so ill prepared.

My President loves me so much that he doesn't want my death to add to 400 Americans who have preceded me.  I honestly believe that, and it's not even hard.

The picture is a lot bigger than that.  Juggling the inherent risk of life-economy decisons are huge.  And I hope our POTUS and lawmakers are up to the task.

Best regards,...

« Reply #3068 on: March 22, 2020, 08:36:32 pm »
Little Caesar's?  Since when did they get into the Petrochemical Segment?

@catfish1957 Thanks for your response.  Little Caesar's has a large vat in the back that they use to scoop out a number of food products and containers that they 3-D print like slices, crazy bread, sauces, boxes, bags, and occasionally change for the drive thru.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:47:54 pm by Once-Ler »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3069 on: March 22, 2020, 08:42:53 pm »
@catfish1957 Thanks for your response.  Little Caesar's has a large vat in the back that they use to scoop out a number food products and containers that they 3-D print like slices, crazy bread, sauces, boxes, bags, and occasionally change for the drive thru.

WOW. Does it make toilet paper? I would know some who say it does.

« Reply #3070 on: March 22, 2020, 08:49:06 pm »

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1241780756617273345

Senator Rand Paul @RandPaul
Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events. He was not aware of any direct contact with any infected person.
12:36 PM · Mar 22, 2020

« Reply #3071 on: March 22, 2020, 08:53:37 pm »
Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews
BREAKING:Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, is immediately self-quarantining, per advice of congressional physicians office, sources familiar tells me.

More...
3:05 PM · Mar 22, 2020

·
41m
Replying to
@LisaDNews
SEN. LEE, more: physician’s office said as he has no symptoms Lee is not priority, does not meet protocol for getting tested.

But because he spent two hours with Sen. Paul at lunch Friday, they recommended he self-quarantine immediately.

He has left the Capitol.

Nobody want's to have their vote recorded on this dog bill. :rolling:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 08:59:21 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3072 on: March 22, 2020, 09:10:04 pm »
BREAKING:Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, is immediately self-quarantining, per advice of congressional physicians office, sources familiar tells me.

More...
3:05 PM · Mar 22, 2020

·
41m
Replying to
@LisaDNews
SEN. LEE, more: physician’s office said as he has no symptoms Lee is not priority, does not meet protocol for getting tested.

But because he spent two hours with Sen. Paul at lunch Friday, they recommended he self-quarantine immediately.

He has left the Capitol.

Nobody want's to have their vote recorded on this dog bill. :rolling:

I thought about that too.  But Mitt should realize it's a no brainer -- those that sat closest to Rand or shook his hand, need to quarantine.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3073 on: March 22, 2020, 09:26:32 pm »
@catfish1957 Thanks for your response.  Little Caesar's has a large vat in the back that they use to scoop out a number of food products and containers that they 3-D print like slices, crazy bread, sauces, boxes, bags, and occasionally change for the drive thru.

LMAO...

I always did consider Little Ceasar the low end of the fast food chain, 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3074 on: March 22, 2020, 10:04:17 pm »
RE your post #3064 above @catfish1957

No disagreement with anything you have said there.  Problem I have is this entire response has been a mess on the cooridination scale.  Can part of this be pinned on Trump, ...  some.  But OTOH, plenty at the cabinet, agency level, congressional, ....plus a multitude at the state level need to provide an  explanation to this country, on why it was so ill prepared.

Especially in light of this:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien