Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79647 times)

Online corbe

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2875 on: March 21, 2020, 04:41:57 pm »

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #2876 on: March 21, 2020, 04:44:50 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2877 on: March 21, 2020, 04:49:24 pm »
Good grief Tom, did you read the essay?

Chinese media is hyping the problem over here in an effort to make themselves look efficient and us inept. It is not in their interests to play down the issue here.

Chinese disinformation, depending on what side it falls on, makes China look good

Secondly, my remark also is in regards to the member's statement about people using their heads. If people are tossing out insults and slinging mud, that can go around.

The article also discusses that Stanford Professor,  John Ionnidis. We've already been through that and Stanford's connections to China.

From the article:
9. Children and Teens aren’t at risk

Okay, maybe the article has a special context to this statement, so maybe I'm taking it wrong but what we do know:
Jennifer Zeng 曾錚
@jenniferatntd
·
1h
A rare case in #SouthKorea. 17 y/o boy tested negative for #CCPVirus #COVID19 7 times (out of 8 tests) died 6 days after showing symptoms. He could be the first minor who died of #coronavirus in the country.
韩国罕见病例:8次检查7次阴性 男孩发病6天后去世

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd

Yes, there is a bit of a context to what the article says, it largely qualifies the statement, sure, children and teens still may require some hospitalization. I still don't think we should just talk in absolute terms "teens aren't at risk" if a fair number of them do suffer sickness still.

From the article at Medium:
A World Health Organization report on China concluded that cases of Covid-19 in children were “relatively rare and mild.” Among cases in people under age 19, only 2.5% developed severe disease while 0.2% developed critical disease.

Yeah, okay, not many of them suffer seriously but still, this is quite different than saying they are not at risk.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:50:10 pm by TomSea »

Offline Applewood

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2879 on: March 21, 2020, 04:53:46 pm »
Chinese disinformation, depending on what side it falls on, makes China look good

Secondly, my remark also is in regards to the member's statement about people using their heads. If people are tossing out insults and slinging mud, that can go around.

The article also discusses that Stanford Professor,  John Ionnidis. We've already been through that and Stanford's connections to China.

From the article:
Okay, maybe the article has a special context to this statement, so maybe I'm taking it wrong but what we do know:
Yes, there is a bit of a context to what the article says, it largely qualifies the statement, sure, children and teens still may require some hospitalization. I still don't think we should just talk in absolute terms "teens aren't at risk" if a fair number of them do suffer sickness still.

From the article at Medium:
Yeah, okay, not many of them suffer seriously but still, this is quite different than saying they are not at risk.

There was alot more to the article than that, Tom.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2880 on: March 21, 2020, 04:56:21 pm »
This is impossible.  Noted scientist Rachel Madow Madcow says the hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combo doesn't work at all, and the President needs to be shut up by the press to keep him from spreading hopeful lies like this.  See, even the Great Andrew Cuomo fell for the Trump Lies!

At some point, people are going to start getting angry with the panic mongers.
Fixed it for you....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2881 on: March 21, 2020, 05:06:52 pm »
You know what hasn't made it's way into our media? It be left, right, center US media?  There has been some chatter and indeed a report presented in this report, that the Coronavirus can cause infertility.

Do we really need to explore all of the age groups AT THIS TIME AT LEAST, to see if there is some risk of men at least becoming infertile??

NOT PEER REVIEWED:

ACE2 Expression in Kidney and Testis May Cause Kidney and Testis Damage
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.12.20022418v1.full.pdf

Check this out:

Latest coronavirus research: Coronavirus Will Render Most Male Patients Infertile
| News

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Okay, looks like the same Nanjing lab... that said, these are real red flags to me to just minimize the potential damage.

What if we found out, there really is a big danger with infertility when it hits men?  Do we just discount this totally??

BTW also, the illness itself is a big man-killer vs. killing females though I am sure that happens.

Some chatter also says, that the study in that it could affect infertility might mean, it's killing the elderly (to 15% at some rates in age groups) and some other males become infertile. Does this sound a bit like population control??

As they say, we do NOT know everything about this, we probably do not know half of what there is to know about it.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:42:05 pm by TomSea »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2882 on: March 21, 2020, 05:08:31 pm »
COVID-19 will eventually be an accelerator pushing the world more quickly into the future.
Every global calamity, every war, in every case led to hundreds of new inventions, innovations, and medical procedures.
This will be the same, although it may take years and many deaths before it all comes to fruition.
Adversity leads to progress. And we will likely lose our dependance on China for just about everything.
All the China cheerleaders in D.C. can no longer deny that they have put us in a very dangerous situation.
Once we get through this, we will be stronger and better off for it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2883 on: March 21, 2020, 05:12:09 pm »
BTW,  3-21-2020 White House Press Briefing Live

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

BTW, I think President Trump's statement was effective and very leader-like, just my .02 cents. I did not catch the very beginning.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:18:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2884 on: March 21, 2020, 05:13:10 pm »
Watching the press conference --- woah. Trump is coming across very weary and downright tired.  Not good, but to be expected.

Prayers up for President Trump!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2885 on: March 21, 2020, 05:13:53 pm »
COVID-19 will eventually be an accelerator pushing the world more quickly into the future.
Every global calamity, every war, in every case led to hundreds of new inventions, innovations, and medical procedures.
This will be the same, although it may take years and many deaths before it all comes to fruition.
Adversity leads to progress. And we will likely lose our dependance on China for just about everything.
All the China cheerleaders in D.C. can no longer deny that they have put us in a very dangerous situation.
Once we get through this, we will be stronger and better off for it.

Well said, eloquently stated.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2886 on: March 21, 2020, 05:14:08 pm »
Thanks @TomSea   -- hoping everyone tunes in and please, please, pray for our President and this country!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2887 on: March 21, 2020, 05:16:55 pm »
President saying that Pence has slept very little -- my guess is neither one of them have slept very much.  6 days into 15 day challenge to contain this virus.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2888 on: March 21, 2020, 05:20:34 pm »
Maybe this illness is not  Dr. Carson's forte (he's up there too) but, he must have a pretty good educated input on all of this.

Oh, it sounds like Dr. Ben Carson IS going to speak, it sounds like it. Alright!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:21:46 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2889 on: March 21, 2020, 05:24:18 pm »
@TomSea I appreciate your keeping this thread fresh.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2890 on: March 21, 2020, 05:24:36 pm »
Watching the press conference --- woah. Trump is coming across very weary and downright tired.  Not good, but to be expected.

Prayers up for President Trump!!

IMO only, but Trump's initial instincts about this outbreak were correct. He's reading from a script now, and his job will be to talk the nation off the ledge without leaving himself open to criticism for being callous over the next 9 days.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:26:17 pm by skeeter »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2891 on: March 21, 2020, 05:24:42 pm »
I think he could let someone else handle a few of these or, even better, not make all of them "press conference" events. Just brief the public on the latest developments, and end it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2892 on: March 21, 2020, 05:25:38 pm »
I saw this on Twitter. This is very good for putting this virus into perspective.
Good article.  It appears the virus doesn't like humidity and heat.  So I suppose global warming will kill it...who would have thought that it was a good thing...lol.  We are supposed to hit close to 90 mid-week...bring on the heat!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2893 on: March 21, 2020, 05:40:42 pm »
I looked up this morning whether or not you can develop an immunity to it.
According to the CDC once you are exposed and recover, you are immune, like most diseases.
The stealth part of the virus is we don't know how many of us may have been lightly exposed and have already overcome it.
That is to say that even if you are exposed it is not automatic that you will develop full blown symptoms.
Everybody is different. But definitely stay safe and be careful.
And stay away from paper money if you can and/or wash hands after. It may be contaminated.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2894 on: March 21, 2020, 05:40:45 pm »
The latest numbers on the Johns Hopkins site:

New York, US
Confirmed: 8,403
Deaths: 46
Recovered: 0
Active: 8,357

Compare that with the second worst state:

Washington, US
Confirmed: 1,524
Deaths: 83
Recovered: 0
Active: 1,441

FIVE times more deaths in NY (most in NYC) than the second worst state.

@libertybele

@musiclady

Two things here.  First, New York is the second worst State in deaths.  Secondly, there are 19 documented recoveries in Washington State, not zero.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:42:03 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2895 on: March 21, 2020, 05:43:55 pm »
Evidence over hysteria — COVID-19

The above linked article is FULL of very useful information for those who are choosing to use their heads.

Thank you, @Bigun
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2896 on: March 21, 2020, 05:52:12 pm »

Jennifer Zeng 曾錚
@jenniferatntd
·
1h
A rare case in #SouthKorea. 17 y/o boy tested negative for #CCPVirus #COVID19 7 times (out of 8 tests) died 6 days after showing symptoms. He could be the first minor who died of #coronavirus in the country.
韩国罕见病例:8次检查7次阴性 男孩发病6天后去世

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd

That is not at all what that twitter feed says. 

STOP IT !  YOU DON'T KNOW JACK !  STOP POSTING LINKS WITHOUT VETTING THEM FIRST !  YOUR TRACK RECORD ON THIS THREAD SUCKS BIGTIME !

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2897 on: March 21, 2020, 05:56:32 pm »
@musiclady

Two things here.  First, New York is the second worst State in deaths.  Secondly, there are 19 documented recoveries in Washington State, not zero.

Thank you for the correction, @Hoodat.  I accidentally said "deaths" instead of "cases" and went back to my post to correct it.

New York has five times more cases than the second worst state, Washington.

That was my only source for recoveries, so I accept your correction of the number of recoveries in Washington.

The point, however, remains the same.

New York is a hot mess with the number of cases they have there relative to everywhere else in the country.

The liberal "leadership" is to blame, IMO.  They did not take the closings seriously and were way behind the curve in slowing down the spread of this disease.

The absence of leadership is even more of a problem when so many people are together in a geographically small space.

DiBlasio and Cuomo should be ashamed of themselves.  I think they probably put politics over the safety of their people and did nothing because Trump and the Republicans in leadership were making decisions that were wise and showed concern for the health of US citizens.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2898 on: March 21, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
Latest numbers in New York:

Confirmed cases:  10,356
Deaths:  56

In Washington:

Confirmed cases:  1,524
Deaths:  83

Almost 7 times more cases in New York than the second worst state, Washington.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2899 on: March 21, 2020, 06:01:59 pm »
Latest numbers in New York:

Confirmed cases:  10,356
Deaths:  56

In Washington:

Confirmed cases:  1,524
Deaths:  83

Almost 7 times more cases in New York than the second worst state, Washington.
A caveat there: New York is doing far more testing. They're using hospitalizations as a more relevant metric right now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024