Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2800 on: March 21, 2020, 12:30:31 am »
I know, right?

It's like a whole nother planet....
Yep! :beer:

Another country, anyway. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2801 on: March 21, 2020, 01:13:29 am »
Yesterday:  88,309 cases
Today:      124,335 cases

That's 36,026 more today !!

That's 36,026 who already had it yesterday, but first got tested today.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2802 on: March 21, 2020, 01:23:45 am »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2803 on: March 21, 2020, 01:29:20 am »
That's 36,026 who already had it yesterday, but first got tested today.

So?

That’s still 124,000 cases in Western Europe.

That’s a lot of suffering people.

A lot!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:31:00 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2804 on: March 21, 2020, 01:32:12 am »

So ... will you be taking the economy flight, I assume?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2805 on: March 21, 2020, 01:35:03 am »

Careful. The US State Dept has flagged your bathrooms as no-go zones.

Offline DB

« Reply #2806 on: March 21, 2020, 02:20:15 am »
"How China can be held legally accountable for coronavirus pandemic"

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-legally-accountable-coronavirus

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2807 on: March 21, 2020, 02:26:11 am »

Interesting Article.

Offline DB

« Reply #2808 on: March 21, 2020, 02:30:29 am »
Interesting Article.

It also provides a good time line of the events.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2809 on: March 21, 2020, 03:20:33 am »
152 Detroit police officers quarantined amid coronavirus pandemic as 5 test positive
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/20/152-detroit-police-officers-quarantined-as-5-have-coronavirus/2887552001/

Arresting, apprehension, I can see a risk factor.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2810 on: March 21, 2020, 03:28:12 am »
Ryan Struyk
@ryanstruyk
Reported US coronavirus cases in March via @CNN
:

3/1: 89
3/2: 105
3/3: 125
3/4: 159
3/5: 227
3/6: 331
3/7: 444
3/8: 564
3/9: 728
3/10: 1,000
3/11: 1,267
3/12: 1,645
3/13: 2,204
3/14: 2,826
3/15: 3,505
3/16: 4,466
3/17: 6,135
3/18: 8,760
3/19: 13,229
Now: 18,182

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1241174328743428096

3/18 to 3/19, what a jump.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2811 on: March 21, 2020, 03:28:58 am »
Not going to read posted abve now.

According to the Wikipedia info I posted, at that time, about 60 pages ago, patient zero was identified Dec. 1, 2019 and had never been to the  "wet" market.

There was an initial identification by a group of Indian MDs who pointed to several indications of gene insertion in this virus. Preprint, meaning not "peered approved" that has since been pulled. Pointing to HIV insertions.

There has been reports that certain antivirals, quinoline, whatever, are effective against this virus.

DO you people know what quinoline is?

It is a scaffold. DO you know what a scaffold is?

The origin, transmission and clinical therapies on coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak – an update on the status

FYI

If that info has "changed" since so be it.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2812 on: March 21, 2020, 03:33:08 am »

Mentions the bio-weapon treaty too, probably not in play but, we will see.

What a mess and you know, for all intents and purposes, we were pushed into this almost over night (yeah, technically more like a month but it's all been so sudden, my heavens!)

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2813 on: March 21, 2020, 03:39:19 am »
Not going to read posted abve now.

According to the Wikipedia info I posted, at that time, about 60 pages ago, patient zero was identified Dec. 1, 2019 and had never been to the  "wet" market.

There was an initial identification by a group of Indian MDs who pointed to several indications of gene insertion in this virus. Preprint, meaning not "peered approved" that has since been pulled. Pointing to HIV insertions.

There has been reports that certain antivirals, quinoline, whatever, are effective against this virus.

DO you people know what quinoline is?

It is a scaffold. DO you know what a scaffold is?

The origin, transmission and clinical therapies on coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak – an update on the status

FYI

If that info has "changed" since so be it.

Great links here too, I need to read and not post and yes, I did see some the report by those Indian doctors, not peer reviewed.

And lots to check on quinoline. Good info.

PS to all, this thread is over a hundred pages.... you know, it's fairly tidy, just thinking what might come next.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:40:34 am by TomSea »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2814 on: March 21, 2020, 03:41:07 am »
Arresting, apprehension, I can see a risk factor.
If a huge portion of the police dept. becomes quarantined for 14 days....it will be a free for all there.  Glad we have guns here....or at least the neighbors do...lol.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2815 on: March 21, 2020, 03:55:41 am »
Mentions the bio-weapon treaty too, probably not in play but, we will see.

What a mess and you know, for all intents and purposes, we were pushed into this almost over night (yeah, technically more like a month but it's all been so sudden, my heavens!)

There are other factors at play here. It isn't sudden. Malodorous. Something stinks here.

The world is being played. Why not?

This is me. Telling you to think about what is right. Righteousness.

No, and none of any of all of you saying or misinterpreting each other. 

Me, on the other hand. I am free to fling all the bat shit crazy talk I want to. You can blame it on me. I'll take that. But I could use some help with someone redirecting all of @corbe s bat shit crazy wimmin to my house to your house.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2816 on: March 21, 2020, 04:10:15 am »
Wow, @bigheadfred . Awesome!

From your FYI link: https://mmrjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40779-020-00240-0/figures/1 we get a graphic of COVID-19 in a nutshell. It appears we can COPD to the list of high risk factors with Hypertension, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular Disease. 

If Cytopathic Effect (CPE), Cytokine Storm, or sustained inflammatory response are part of the the pathology, then counterintuitively,  immuno suppression at some point may help prevent the sort of pulmonary edema that could be fatal.

I wonder if anyone is looking at Turmeric as an immunosuppressor? If that is the case, and whether a diet high in turmeric (curry powder contains turmeric) provides any enhanced resistance. Do we have any numbers from India?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2817 on: March 21, 2020, 04:26:45 am »
On that study from India claiming HIV or AIDS was inserted into the virus, I'm not saying this claims it was wrong... but I'd be real cautious with this. I read about, in fact, I posted it but I'd never be able to find it now.

Quick retraction of a faulty coronavirus paper was a good moment for science
By Ivan Oransky and Adam Marcus    February 3, 2020   

As fears of the novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV continued to spread last Friday, an inflammatory new paper appeared on bioRxiv, a preprint server, where scientists post work that hasn’t been vetted.

Titled “Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag,” the paper claimed to find similarities between the new coronavirus and HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. The use of the word “uncanny” in the title, together with “unlikely to be fortuitous” in the abstract, led some to think that the authors were suggesting the virus had somehow been engineered by humans.

The paper, from academic institutions in New Delhi, India, was critical and alarming, if true. Except that it wasn’t.

The paper was almost immediately withdrawn, but not before plenty of handwringing from researchers who complained that the appearance of such shoddy work on a preprint server without vetting by peer reviewers is precisely why the hoary old model of science publishing is better at keeping junk science out of the literature.

More:  https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/03/retraction-faulty-coronavirus-paper-good-moment-for-science/

Maybe some are experts, I'm not. Just posting followup.

I think I found on bing a few articles on this whole episode, if someone is curious, just websearch something like "Scientists claim AIDS inserted into Coronavirus". 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2818 on: March 21, 2020, 04:30:05 am »
@Smokin Joe

Thanks for the reply. I am taking a relatively large dose of Warfarin so Tumeric is off my diet.

My initial interest in the outbreak had nothing to do with the actual disease factor. It was an indicator to something else.

I read more articles on many subjects that are "peered' reviewed than the MSM. There is a huge amount of information being presented on this forum that are "of no interest", etc. to many. But overall, this is a well-presented forum full of professional people of all walks.

I thank you all for letting me partake. And not shunning me when I VENT.

Offline DB

« Reply #2819 on: March 21, 2020, 04:31:46 am »
"What does coronavirus feel like? Here’s what survivors and patients say about it."

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article241363476.html

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2820 on: March 21, 2020, 04:39:31 am »
@Smokin Joe

Thanks for the reply. I am taking a relatively large dose of Warfarin so Tumeric is off my diet.

My initial interest in the outbreak had nothing to do with the actual disease factor. It was an indicator to something else.

I read more articles on many subjects that are "peered' reviewed than the MSM. There is a huge amount of information being presented on this forum that are "of no interest", etc. to many. But overall, this is a well-presented forum full of professional people of all walks.

I thank you all for letting me partake. And not shunning me when I VENT.
You are an intelligent man, fred. You challenge your mind rather than let it wallow in the MSM mush.

Sometimes knowing is a burden, especially when it is hard to render proof, or to articulate exactly which synapses tripped in what sequence to produce that conclusion, even though it's right there, and seemingly obvious.

Now, after all these years,  I feel for the PhD in math who intuitively skips steps on the board and then has a hard time going back and filling each and every one in for those who don't make those same leaps.
And sometimes, those leaps, because of flaws in starting point or misdirection, miss their mark. No one is perfect, especially me.

I am glad you are here. I understand venting. I wait until I am the only one home.
I have only ever had one mouse (briefly) in this 100 year old house since I moved in 33 years ago, and I think it keeps the rodents away.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2821 on: March 21, 2020, 04:39:42 am »
You said, "Here's what I posted ... sorry for rocking your world."

Bob's son is a Captain Pilot for United Airlines.  I know more about United Airlines than you do as he keeps us posted every day.  He doesn't know if he will be laid-off.  He has cancelled TV reception at their home (He owns a horse farm), and cancelled auto insurance on a car they are not driving now.  Captains may be demoted to regular pilot status with the cut in pay.  No pilot/Captain knows what will happen next.

Could all airlines in the US shut down?  If no one is flying, no plane is going up.

I don't know a thing about Bob or his son ... I do know in spite of the rough times ahead the airlines and their employees will survive this through a combination of union and federal interventions.

There's really no need to stoke the flames of fear...there's enough of this going around.  This might be a good time for you to offer financial assistance to Bob's son .... and remind him to keep the faith.   Both will be returned to you exponentially.  happy77

@Victoria33

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:42:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2822 on: March 21, 2020, 04:51:24 am »
3/18 to 3/19, what a jump.
Realize that there is a lag: you don't get tested the moment you get infected. You factor in the incubation period, plus the time to obtain and then process the test, and you're still dealing with infections that happened nearly two weeks ago—before any restrictions were put in place.

My concern, and perhaps biggest fear of any of this, is: what if we don't start seeing any improvement in the numbers within a few days? If social distancing doesn't work, then what?

My biggest hope is that these measures halt the virus from spreading in areas where it has very few cases and that, sometime next month, we can get some semblance of normality back.

Sitting at home and watching Netflix for a while sounds appealing, but not for months at a time! Social distancing is not a permanent solution to this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2823 on: March 21, 2020, 04:58:07 am »
How about some off-brand hand sanitizer made in China?

Is that Chiroptera in the ingredients?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2824 on: March 21, 2020, 05:44:24 am »
Is that Chiroptera in the ingredients?

Since it is distributable by the never hos in Colorado and made in China I would say absoltionalately.

Suck it up. Batter up.