Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2775 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:23 pm »
Just as I suspected.  happy77
Naw.  I don't smoke pot.  About the hardest drug I took in high school was LSD.

« Reply #2776 on: March 20, 2020, 09:16:49 pm »
Any fans of “The Bachelor”?

Bachelor’s Colton Underwood Tested Positive for Coronavirus: ‘I'm Exhausted’

Bachelor star Colton Underwood has tested positive for the new coronavirus, he said Friday, and urged younger adults to take the virus seriously.

Underwood, 28, said that he started experiencing symptoms a few days earlier.

“I want to let you guys know: I’m 28, I consider myself pretty healthy, I work out regularly, I eat healthy, and I became symptomatic a few days ago, got my test results back today, and they are positive,” he said in an Instagram video.

The reality star said the virus, officially named COVID-19, has been draining.

https://people.com/health/bachelor-colton-underwood-tested-positive-coronavirus/

Is it cold I'm rooting for the virus?  It is isn't it?  I take it back.   888mouth

Online corbe

« Reply #2777 on: March 20, 2020, 09:24:43 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2778 on: March 20, 2020, 09:39:39 pm »
Speaking of which, certain 'authorities' in the SF Bay Area have taken it upon themselves to 'pick winners' in this shut down; have determined gun shops are 'non essential' and have ordered them closed. I expect this will spread among the localities.

It won't take much to drive them out of business, a goal of the leftists for years.

Others may disagree, but this is pretty clearly a canary in the coal mine.
Not sure how crazy the laws are there, and they may require some sort of paperwork over ammo, but I have a feeling back alley ammo sales may pick up there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #2779 on: March 20, 2020, 09:45:24 pm »
Not sure how crazy the laws are there, and they may require some sort of paperwork over ammo, but I have a feeling back alley ammo sales may pick up there.
@Smokin Joe
You sound like you have connections.  I'm looking to score some Purell.  I swear I'm not a cop.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2780 on: March 20, 2020, 09:48:32 pm »

CA ammo purchases now require a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the AG and a birth certificate. And I think you are right about the black market.

Offline DB

« Reply #2781 on: March 20, 2020, 09:48:37 pm »
A question or two:

It seems like many of those who are becoming severely ill and dying are doing so from contracting pneumonia as a "side-result" of the ChinaVirus.

Will having had a "pneumonia shot" (vaccine? supposed good for 7 years) in the past offer any protection against this?

Anyone have any idea?

I believe the "pneumonia shot" is primarily for protection from pneumonia caused by bacteria. This is viral. Your immune system flooding your lungs with liquid trying to fight the virus is what kills you. Not a secondary infection from what I understand.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2782 on: March 20, 2020, 09:52:20 pm »
How about some off-brand hand sanitizer made in China?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2783 on: March 20, 2020, 09:52:46 pm »
@Smokin Joe
You sound like you have connections.  I'm looking to score some Purell.  I swear I'm not a cop.
Don' know nothin' bout 'dat stuff... :whistle:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2784 on: March 20, 2020, 09:54:21 pm »
CA ammo purchases now require a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the AG and a birth certificate. And I think you are right about the black market.
Wow. Here you just walk in and buy what you want, if it's in stock.

THere is always a black market, but it will boom and prices jump.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2785 on: March 20, 2020, 10:02:03 pm »
@Smokin Joe
SJ knows guys

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2786 on: March 20, 2020, 10:03:58 pm »
SJ knows guys

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Beautiful!  :silly: :silly:

I only know one guy, but he knows a guy... who knows a guy...

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2787 on: March 20, 2020, 10:04:07 pm »

Thats how it was here two years ago.

I guess I'll have to go beat some bushes cause I sure as hell ain't gonna tell AG Becerra what I might have in my closet.

Offline DB

« Reply #2788 on: March 20, 2020, 10:07:12 pm »

I guess I'll have to go beat some bushes cause I sure as hell ain't gonna tell AG Becerra what I might have in my closet.

Arizona and Nevada are not too far away.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2789 on: March 20, 2020, 10:10:52 pm »

I guess I'll have to go beat some bushes cause I sure as hell gonna tell AG Becerra what I might have in my closet.
That's the back door registration aspect. I have found it prudent perhaps to have a bolt or lever action in every semi-auto rifle caliber. Pistol ammo is limited to the wheel guns, though. not many bolt or lever actions in .45 ACP or 9mm. That's still cash on the barrel head, 250-500 rounds at a time. If drilling picks back up there may be a Dillon in my future. I have components, too.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2790 on: March 20, 2020, 10:10:59 pm »
Arizona and Nevada are not too far away.

Yeah but we gotta be careful. CA agents have been known to take down numbers of CA plates on cars parked at places like Cabelas in Reno and calling them ahead to CHP across the state line. Guys have been stopped and cited for bringing ammo back home this way.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2791 on: March 20, 2020, 10:12:01 pm »

I got a bunch of 5.56 at a gun show where I was working a table for a guy running for Senator.  Just picked it up off the table and took it home.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2792 on: March 20, 2020, 10:14:05 pm »
That's the back door registration aspect. I have found it prudent perhaps to have a bolt or lever action in every semi-auto rifle caliber. Pistol ammo is limited to the wheel guns, though. not many bolt or lever actions in .45 ACP or 9mm. That's still cash on the barrel head, 250-500 rounds at a time. If drilling picks back up there may be a Dillon in my future. I have components, too.

I'd like a minigun, too.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Or were you talking about reloading equipment?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:17:03 pm by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2793 on: March 20, 2020, 10:17:29 pm »
Noticing that the infectious areas are still growing at an alarming rate in, for example, New Jersey, Is it still safe to go for a 3 mile walk by yourself at this time in Maryland/DC?

Asking for a FRiend...   :cool:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2794 on: March 20, 2020, 10:22:18 pm »
I'd like a minigun, too.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Or were you talking about reloading equipment?
I'd love one of those, but it would take one of these to feed it:
https://www.dillonprecision.com/xl-750-reloader_8_1_26745.html

That is less conspicuous...and less likely to attract undue attention.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:24:57 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2795 on: March 20, 2020, 10:45:13 pm »
j myrle wrote:
"Cuomo just locked down New York..."

How long before he declares a curfew, as well...?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2796 on: March 20, 2020, 10:49:00 pm »
j myrle wrote:
"Cuomo just locked down New York..."

How long before he declares a curfew, as well...?

It is a curfew!  24 hours a day, $1,000 fine in California.  Unless you're making a pot run, that's essential.  That means you'd better have pot in the car if you ever get stopped for driving.  This is said without a hint of sarcasm.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2797 on: March 20, 2020, 10:52:00 pm »
Aaron Katersky @AaronKatersky
New York State Liquor Store Association notified liquor stores that they have been deemed an essential business and may remain open.
1:35 PM · Mar 20, 2020

The silver lining

Well, how else are you supposed to make hand sanitizer?   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2798 on: March 20, 2020, 10:55:34 pm »

I know, right?

It's like a whole nother planet....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2799 on: March 20, 2020, 11:40:32 pm »
The number of cases in Western Europe (most of it) yesterday and today:

Yesterday:  88,309 cases
Today:      124,335 cases

That's 36,026 more today !!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.