Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2600 on: March 20, 2020, 01:38:37 am »
Are rapists, burglars, drug dealers and other criminals self-quarantining? Are opioid addicts going cold turkey, stuck at home all day?

My governor just ordered barber shops and hair salons closed. This may not end well for him when women can't get their roots touched up.

Just some random thoughts. I need to read a book or something ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2601 on: March 20, 2020, 01:38:48 am »
2 Lakers, coronavirus positive.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882060-report-2-lakers-players-test-positive-for-coronavirus-more-could-be-tested

Not good and then, if you have been around the people, you are suppose to at least, largely self-quarantine.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2602 on: March 20, 2020, 01:41:53 am »
@bigheadfred

Keep pumping fluids through your body.  And keep an abundance of Vitamin-C in your system.  You got this.

Yeah, it is just the flu. Aspirin helps. I eat five. Wait three or four hours. If that didn't help I eat five more. Rinse and repeat.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2603 on: March 20, 2020, 01:42:25 am »
Not really. I have put my faith in Our Creator, and know He will look out for us all, as He plans.

Not much I can do about His choices for me but to try and understand what He wants of me.
Instead of going to work today, I put together a care package for some folks, helped a youngster get his keys out of his locked car, and did a few other odds and ends I would not have had time to do If they hadn't stacked my drilling rig this morning. I'm out of work until the price of oil recovers. Which means I should likely look for work. But then, in the process of assembling the care package, I ran into an old boss from 34 years ago who asked me If I was working and may have a job for me.
Sometimes we are the tools He uses for others' benefit, and often that benefits us.
Everything has purpose, and our trials help us grow.

Oil prices have me concerned as well.  I could get a refinery job tomorrow, but it would mean I would have to relocate.  Really enjoying the 2-on-2-off setup I have now, but oil producers aren't going to keep producing at a loss for too long.

But as you pointed out, the key is to do what G-d want us to do each day.  Because He will always take care of us, even when we don't see it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2604 on: March 20, 2020, 01:43:21 am »
2 Lakers, coronavirus positive.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882060-report-2-lakers-players-test-positive-for-coronavirus-more-could-be-tested

Not good and then, if you have been around the people, you are suppose to at least, largely self-quarantine.

Ten Lakers test negative for coronavirus.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2605 on: March 20, 2020, 01:52:06 am »
Ten Lakers test negative for coronavirus.

You’re a good man and I respect you a lot, but if this post makes sense to you, you must be smoking something.

A few of you are trying way too hard to make something significant into nothing.

And it doesn’t look good on you...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2606 on: March 20, 2020, 01:53:02 am »
Are rapists, burglars, drug dealers and other criminals self-quarantining? Are opioid addicts going cold turkey, stuck at home all day?

My governor just ordered barber shops and hair salons closed. This may not end well for him when women can't get their roots touched up.

Just some random thoughts. I need to read a book or something ...

X Events by John Casti
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2607 on: March 20, 2020, 01:55:18 am »
I got sick 15 days ago. Started with a runny nose then got worse then went away after five days. Felt good for four days and for the last six I feel like crap. Not as bad today. I don't have the energy to panic over getting sick.

I hear ya, I've been feeling like crap for the last 3 weeks but don't want to make a trip to the docs because the doc's office is nothing more than germ heaven.  My sister in-law came to be with Dad until he passed -- she had an ear infection, coughing like crazy and said it was only allergies (she stayed at our house), she took a plane here and we picked her up inside the airport.This was around the time that corona became a concern. Then my brother in-law and his family drove from VA to be here for the funeral, we attended a church service and had a reception afterwards at our house with several other people.  Brother in law kept coughing and obviously was losing his voice; but he also said it was allergies.  (Ya right). 

Here I now sit, runny nose, cough off and on, had a slight fever for a couple of hours, congested throat, low energy for the past two weeks. I felt better somewhat today, but still congested throat, stuffy nose, some gastro issues, cough on and off .... so far no more fever.

I've been taking a multi vitamin, drinking ginger/peppermint tea (anti viral) at night, trying to eat healthy but can't help but worry because of my age and health issues and being in an airport and having people from out of town in our house. 

Then I worry about my kids and my grand kids .... so not sleeping a whole lot.... **nononono*
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:01:30 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2608 on: March 20, 2020, 01:57:04 am »
My daughter in-law who is a nurse, is in a hospital that’s asking them to reuse masks because they don’t have enough.

They have 2 cases of a highly contagious disease in their hospital and the medical personnel can’t protect themselves.

This is a dire medical emergency.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DB

« Reply #2609 on: March 20, 2020, 01:57:57 am »
Ya, well, I've been feeling like crap for the last 3 weeks.  My sister in-law came to be with Dad until he passed -- she had an ear infection, coughing like crazy and said it was only allergies (she stayed at our house), she took a plane here and we picked her up inside the airport. This was around the time that corona became a concern. Then my brother in-law and his family drove from VA to be here for the funeral, we attended a church service and had a reception afterwards at our house with several other people.  Brother in law kept coughing and obviously was losing his voice; but he also said it was allergies.  (Ya right). 

Here I now sit, runny nose, cough off and on, had a slight fever for a couple of hours, congested throat, low energy for the past two weeks. I felt better somewhat today, but still congested throat, stuffy nose, some gastro issues, cough on and off .... so far no more fever.

I've been taking a multi vitamin, drinking ginger/peppermint tea (anti viral) at night, trying to eat healthy but can't help but worry because of my age and health issues and being in an airport and having people from out of town in our house. 

Then I worry about my kids and my grand kids .... so not sleeping a whole lot.

Well a wee bit of good news. The Chinese coronavirus symptoms don't normally include a runny nose.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2610 on: March 20, 2020, 01:59:03 am »
My daughter in-law who is a nurse, is in a hospital that’s asking them to reuse masks because they don’t have enough.

They have 2 cases of a highly contagious disease in their hospital and the medical personnel can’t protect themselves.

Something more than we've been told is going on here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #2611 on: March 20, 2020, 01:59:32 am »

I wonder if there's a practical way to sterilize the masks after use? For example bathing them in ozone.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2612 on: March 20, 2020, 02:00:40 am »
Ya, well, I've been feeling like crap for the last 3 weeks.  My sister in-law came to be with Dad until he passed -- she had an ear infection, coughing like crazy and said it was only allergies (she stayed at our house), she took a plane here and we picked her up inside the airport. This was around the time that corona became a concern. Then my brother in-law and his family drove from VA to be here for the funeral, we attended a church service and had a reception afterwards at our house with several other people.  Brother in law kept coughing and obviously was losing his voice; but he also said it was allergies.  (Ya right). 

Then I worry about my kids and my grand kids .... so not sleeping a whole lot.

I’m so sorry that you’re sick!

If it’s any encouragement to you, there is no nasal congestion involved with COVID 19.

You probably have a cold and will be fine!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2613 on: March 20, 2020, 02:02:18 am »
I wonder if there's a practical way to sterilize the masks after use? For example bathing them in ozone.

She said they’re asking them to put the masks in a plastic bag and use them again.  *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2614 on: March 20, 2020, 02:05:00 am »

...hmmm....2 highly contagious diseases?  So do you know what the other contagion is??

As for the masks, in listening to Trump earlier today, the production is supposed to be dramatically expedited.  So hopefully they'll get them soon.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2615 on: March 20, 2020, 02:06:37 am »
She said they’re asking them to put the masks in a plastic bag and use them again.  *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Plastic bag? If anything I'd take one and lay it out in the sun and fresh air for awhile.  Plastic bag makes no sense.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2616 on: March 20, 2020, 02:06:55 am »
Latest panic buying trend I'm hearing about from some of my friends is a run on crayons outside of Parris Island SC, Quantico VA, Twenty Nine Palms CA and Camp Hansen, Okinawa.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2617 on: March 20, 2020, 02:07:00 am »
...hmmm....2 highly contagious diseases?  So do you know what the other contagion is??

As for the masks, in listening to Trump earlier today, the production is supposed to be dramatically expedited.  So hopefully they'll get them soon.

2 cases of corona virus in her hospital. (Sorry that wasn’t clear)

I hope the administrators there are smart enough to even ask for them!

Offline DB

« Reply #2618 on: March 20, 2020, 02:08:10 am »

Ya, that doesn't cut it. Any contamination on the outside of the mask gets spread around by it being handled and coming into contact with the bag and whatever else. Sounds bad.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2619 on: March 20, 2020, 02:09:27 am »
I’m so sorry that you’re sick!

If it’s any encouragement to you, there is no nasal congestion involved with COVID 19.

You probably have a cold and will be fine!

Thanks, worrying certainly doesn't help.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2620 on: March 20, 2020, 02:11:30 am »
Plastic bag? If anything I'd take one and lay it out in the sun and fresh air for awhile.  Plastic bag makes no sense.

None at all!

The wipes and everything are also locked up.   **nononono*

The thing is, you KNOW this is happening in other hospitals as well.

She’s not in Ohio where the situation is much more under control and the hospital quality is top notch.

But obviously it’s not the same everywhere.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2621 on: March 20, 2020, 02:16:58 am »
You’re a good man and I respect you a lot, but if this post makes sense to you, you must be smoking something.

A few of you are trying way too hard to make something significant into nothing.

And it doesn’t look good on you...

It's the other post that doesn't make sense to me.  That post and the hundreds of others just like it that sensationalize this whole situation.   We hear that celebrities like Kevin Durant or Tom Hanks are infected. or in this case two unnamed Lakers, as if just the fact that they play for the Lakers is supposed to make this such important news. 

But here's what we don't hear.  We don't hear about how Tom Hanks or Kevin Durant are living life on life's terms as they move towards recovery.  Is Tom Hanks lying in some private-room hospital bed clutching at death while on a ventilator?  Or is he kicking back playing X-Box and ordering Thai takeout food?  It would be nice to hear some positive stories for a change instead of this incessant onslaught of negativity.

So yes, anyone testing negative for this virus is good news.   And I would much rather hear that, even if it was some celebrities that got access to scarce test resources because of their celebrity status.  For me, it is a choice.  You may find my comment insensitive.  But I will not kowtow to fear.  We are going to beat this despite the bombardment of bad news that is being posted on this board by a select few.  As Andy Dufresne once said, "Either get busy living, or get busy dying".  I choose life.

So to hell with all this "oh no, two Lakers test positive", or "oh no, 42,000 people in Italy died in the last 10 minutes", or "oh no, someone who's sick with the virus took Advil".  Just asking for something positive, which a sizeable number of posters here have been doing.  So cut us a break.

Death rate in this country remains low.  Over 80% of those infected have no symptoms or symptoms that are very minor.  Drugs that have been around a long time are proving effective at fighting this.  And infection transmissions are ceasing in the point of origin.  Let's meditate on these things.  Stop destroying Hope.   

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2622 on: March 20, 2020, 02:18:21 am »
2 cases of corona virus in her hospital. (Sorry that wasn’t clear)

I hope the administrators there are smart enough to even ask for them!

I certainly hope so too, and I'd hope that they'd be wearing full protective gear??  We can't afford for our medical personnel to get sick.

Unfortunately we have one individual in a county to the south of us, who didn't obey the protocol for those who suspect that they have the virus and now 35 medical personnel have been exposed!  What is wrong with people??

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2623 on: March 20, 2020, 02:23:29 am »
It's the other post that doesn't make sense to me.  That post and the hundreds of others just like it that sensationalize this whole situation.   We hear that celebrities like Kevin Durant or Tom Hanks are infected. or in this case two unnamed Lakers, as if just the fact that they play for the Lakers is supposed to make this such important news. 

But here's what we don't hear.  We don't hear about how Tom Hanks or Kevin Durant are living life on life's terms as they move towards recovery.  Is Tom Hanks lying in some private-room hospital bed clutching at death while on a ventilator?  Or is he kicking back playing X-Box and ordering Thai takeout food?  It would be nice to hear some positive stories for a change instead of this incessant onslaught of negativity.

So yes, anyone testing negative for this virus is good news.   And I would much rather hear that, even if it was some celebrities that got access to scarce test resources because of their celebrity status.  For me, it is a choice.  You may find my comment insensitive.  But I will not kowtow to fear.  We are going to beat this despite the bombardment of bad news that is being posted on this board by a select few.  As Andy Dufresne once said, "Either get busy living, or get busy dying".  I choose life.

So to hell with all this "oh no, two Lakers test positive", or "oh no, 42,000 people in Italy died in the last 10 minutes", or "oh no, someone who's sick with the virus took Advil".  Just asking for something positive, which a sizeable number of posters here have been doing.  So cut us a break.

Death rate in this country remains low.  Over 80% of those infected have no symptoms or symptoms that are very minor.  Drugs that have been around a long time are proving effective at fighting this.  And infection transmissions are ceasing in the point of origin.  Let's meditate on these things.  Stop destroying Hope.   

I'm not sure why it's so important to you to ignore this news, but it clearly is.

Let me just say this......... information doesn't destroy hope any more than denying and fighting it restores hope.

The situation exists. It is not good.  It has not happened before.  It is ever changing and evolving, and it's good to find out what's really happening, and not feel the need to counter every bit of bad news you don't like with some sarcastic rebuttal (some of which make NO sense).

If you don't want to hear that two Lakers tested positive, then don't come back to this thread, or put TomSea on Ignore, or do what it takes to get yourself out of this funk you're in.

The rest of us DO want information and can filter out the things that are trivial.

If you can't, just walk away.

But before you do, know that GOD is in CONTROL whether you know what's going on or choose to ignore it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2624 on: March 20, 2020, 02:26:04 am »
None at all!

The wipes and everything are also locked up.   **nononono*

The thing is, you KNOW this is happening in other hospitals as well.

She’s not in Ohio where the situation is much more under control and the hospital quality is top notch.

But obviously it’s not the same everywhere.

Definitely not a good situation  -- and doesn't make any sense at all as to why the wipes would be locked up?  She needs to report what's going on to someone outside of her hospital -- maybe the state public health agency or department of health?  Anonymously, of course.