Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2575 on: March 19, 2020, 11:05:05 pm »
Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed by this? And depressed?

Sort of.

What depresses me about it is how it glaringly, blatantly proves just how many ignorant, stupid, greedy, lying MFers there are on this planet.

I don't know if this has been posted, but here goes. The NAME of this virus is...

SARS-CoV-2

They decided on Covid-19 so there wouldn't be a worldwide panic that a new SARS was on the loose and no one's feelings would get hurt.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

« Reply #2576 on: March 19, 2020, 11:07:59 pm »
Sort of.

What depresses me about it is how it glaringly, blatantly proves just how many ignorant, stupid, greedy, lying MFers there are on this planet.

I don't know if this has been posted, but here goes. The NAME of this virus is...

SARS-CoV-2

They decided on Covid-19 so there wouldn't be a worldwide panic that a new SARS was on the loose and no one's feelings would get hurt.

I was wondering about that. Full PC...

Could call it Chinese take out...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2577 on: March 19, 2020, 11:09:55 pm »
Order some take out!

It's your patriotic duty!  :patriot:

I am THERE.

Ma'am!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2578 on: March 19, 2020, 11:10:08 pm »
https://www.kvue.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-texas-public-health-disaster-abbott/269-fb3ef839-bf7a-4345-8e69-e63213825418?fbclid=IwAR3YTBEp3rR0Kx9o4H7SrPv2-EXwGd_DNyFSejSRU36bkfAfYtbOXEGuqSA

Texas governor: Schools, bars, restaurant dining rooms must close temporarily due to coronavirus
Abbott also issued a public health disaster statewide for the first time in more than 100 years.

Abbott is taking a serious situation seriously.

Texas in its first public health disaster in more than 100 years.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2579 on: March 19, 2020, 11:11:40 pm »
I am THERE.

Ma'am!

:beer:

Have some for me.  We're taking out Mexican on Sunday.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2580 on: March 19, 2020, 11:13:59 pm »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

201 now... I'd have to say, I don't know if it is a steep incline but the numbers are really jumping, no matter what, it's certainly more than 16 incidences a day, however mathematically one looks at it since Wednesday.

And that Stanford professor?

Chinese Mother Who Paid $6.5 Million to Get Daughter into Stanford Says She Thought Money Was a Donation
https://time.com/5582697/chinese-mother-trick-stanford-admission/

This proves nothing I admit. But if there are some universities more likely to get Chinese money pumped into them, in the form of dollars of course, Stanford may well be as likely as a lot of places.

Let's hope Biden doesn't get in there, he discounted the threat of China even. WHO as articles have shown, is probably heavily influenced by China.

Well, what do we have here?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stanford-is-giving-this-chinese-investor-200-million-1439854567
Stanford Is Giving This Chinese Investor $200 Million
Zhang Lei’s Hillhouse Capital is investing money for at least six of the 10 wealthiest U.S. universities

This would lend itself more to Chinese-influence

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stanford-is-giving-this-chinese-investor-200-million-1439854567

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2581 on: March 19, 2020, 11:16:26 pm »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

201 now... I'd have to say, I don't know if it is a steep incline but the numbers are really jumping, no matter what, it's certainly more than 16 incidences a day, however mathematically one looks at it since Wednesday.

And that Stanford professor?

This proves nothing I admit. But if there are some universities more likely to get Chinese money pumped into them, in the form of dollars of course, Stanford may well be as likely as a lot of places.

Let's hope Biden doesn't get in there, he discounted the threat of China even. WHO as articles have shown, is probably heavily influenced by China.

Well, what do we have here?

This would lend itself more to Chinese-influence

Gotta admit you have a legitimate point there. Certainly food for thought.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2582 on: March 19, 2020, 11:24:03 pm »
Where were all the hard luck stories last year when twenty thousand lives were lost to the seasonal flu?

The media never interrupted news casts then with breathless breaking stories. But, now they are pulling all the right heart strings: a new strain of upper respiratory virus breaks out of China; a young corona victim dies; Rome deserted, under lock down; no hand sanitizer for the postman; death rates doubling; community spread, etc, ad nauseam.  Each new victim in each new state a breaking story.

But, these very same stories could have been told in 2018, as people contracted and died of the flu. But they weren’t told? Why?

In November there’s an election. I hate being emotionally manipulated by devious news editors and politicians and bureaucrats with personal agendas.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:27:53 pm by aligncare »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2583 on: March 19, 2020, 11:25:38 pm »
I was wondering about that. Full PC...

Could call it Chinese take out...

yeah. Here is some CCP take out.

Coronavirus death rate in Wuhan is lower than previously thought

WTFE

A new study finds that the death rate in Wuhan, where the coronavirus outbreak started, is about 1.4%

(can I have another helping?)

The new estimate is based on data available as of Feb. 29. At that point, Wuhan had logged 48,557 COVID-19 cases and 2,169 deaths. The numbers have increased since then, but yesterday China reported no new local cases of the coronavirus, suggesting that China's epidemic is now under control.

(more PLEASE)

Meanwhile, cases of COVID-19 are increasing rapidly in most other parts of the globe, with Italy now reporting 41,035 cases and more deaths than China. Confirmed cases in the U.S. have been rising quickly as well, with more than 11,000 people diagnosed as of the evening of March 19.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

« Reply #2584 on: March 19, 2020, 11:28:56 pm »

WTFE

A new study finds that the death rate in Wuhan, where the coronavirus outbreak started, is about 1.4%

The new estimate is based on data available as of Feb. 29. At that point, Wuhan had logged 48,557 COVID-19 cases and 2,169 deaths. The numbers have increased since then, but yesterday China reported no new local cases of the coronavirus, suggesting that China's epidemic is now under control.

(more PLEASE)

Meanwhile, cases of COVID-19 are increasing rapidly in most other parts of the globe, with Italy now reporting 41,035 cases and more deaths than China. Confirmed cases in the U.S. have been rising quickly as well, with more than 11,000 people diagnosed as of the evening of March 19.

Whaatttt... You think the Chinese might be lying about their "new" statistics?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2585 on: March 19, 2020, 11:30:11 pm »

WTFE

(more PLEASE)

Liner note - the US increase is due to a dramatic increase in testing throughput. That curve will flatten quickly.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2586 on: March 19, 2020, 11:35:18 pm »
Whaatttt... You think the Chinese might be lying about their "new" statistics?

I don't have to think about it.

Photo credit: CNSA

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2587 on: March 19, 2020, 11:37:15 pm »
In November there’s an election. I hate being emotionally manipulated by devious news editors and politicians and bureaucrats with personal agendas.
Well then, don't.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2588 on: March 20, 2020, 12:33:58 am »
It puts it in perspective.  Because statistics show that crossing the street is more dangerous than this virus at the moment in time.

Correction.  It used to be more dangerous.  Going forward from about two days ago, Covid-19 is killing more Americans per day and growing fast.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2589 on: March 20, 2020, 12:36:29 am »
Correction.  It used to be more dangerous.  Going forward from about two days ago, Covid-19 is killing more Americans per day and growing fast.

I still refuse to panic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2590 on: March 20, 2020, 12:41:50 am »
I still refuse to panic.

You and me both.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2591 on: March 20, 2020, 01:01:56 am »
I got sick 15 days ago. Started with a runny nose then got worse then went away after five days. Felt good for four days and for the last six I feel like crap. Not as bad today. I don't have the energy to panic over getting sick.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2592 on: March 20, 2020, 01:05:43 am »
I still refuse to panic.

There’s a big difference between being informed and aware and panic.

It seems that some prefer being ignorant to an honest discussion of what’s going on so they try to pretend nothing is happening.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2593 on: March 20, 2020, 01:08:13 am »
Man, I'd be outraged as can be:

https://abc7.com/politics/newsom-56%25-of-californians-are-expected-to-be-infected-with-covid-19/6028718/

Now, this is scaremongering and people are saying on twitter, everyone should march down to the governor's office and demand he resign.

You want scaremongering, check it out.

"Jaren Whitfield
@Jay_Whit89
·
1h
Gov. Newsom: how can we create more mass hysteria? I'VE GOT IT, tell them that 56% of Californians will get the virus in the next 8 weeks."

https://twitter.com/Jay_Whit89/status/1240777900107784192

https://twitter.com/search?q=%2256%25%20of%20Californians%22&src=trend_click   Twitter.

I'm not sure if this was reported yet and some of these comments are very recent.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2594 on: March 20, 2020, 01:25:36 am »
I am depressed by the overwhelming negativism exhibited by some.

Uncertainty is fearful.  If you let fear control you, you will not remain healthy enough to fight a virus physically, mentally or spiritually.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Exactly.  We need to give more credence to good news and positive outcomes instead of being bombarded over and over again with fear-mongering headlines.  Our words shape our circumstances.  We can either get in agreement with G-d, or we can get in agreement with the enemy.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.

Proverbs 18:21
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2595 on: March 20, 2020, 01:26:31 am »
Yes, very much so.

I've had trouble sleeping the past few days. When I get stressed, I tend to get more social—but that's precisely what's being cracked down upon. I have a hard time eating (though since I'm a few pounds over what I want, this may help me get back closer to my target weight). I have been doing a lot of walking (maybe pacing); I walked so much that I got sore today.

Seeing the news, knowing that these "latest" numbers are almost two weeks behind the actual infections, is stressful. I'm still holding out some hope that we start seeing things taper off once the numbers from the "social distancing" era start trickling back in. I just want someone to hold me and tell me everything's OK.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2596 on: March 20, 2020, 01:27:35 am »
@Hoodat
I sprayed myself with windex when I got home.

I'm not safe to be left by myself in my truck.

@Once-Ler

My wife says that I am not safe to be left anywhere.  But don't waste your Windex on this virus.  It is far too valuable for that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2597 on: March 20, 2020, 01:30:13 am »
"Jaren Whitfield
@Jay_Whit89
·
1h
Gov. Newsom: how can we create more mass hysteria? I'VE GOT IT, tell them that 56% of Californians will get the virus in the next 8 weeks."

https://twitter.com/Jay_Whit89/status/1240777900107784192

[Knock it off.  No personal attacks.]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:46:05 am by Mod1 »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2598 on: March 20, 2020, 01:33:58 am »
Not really. I have put my faith in Our Creator, and know He will look out for us all, as He plans.

Not much I can do about His choices for me but to try and understand what He wants of me.
Instead of going to work today, I put together a care package for some folks, helped a youngster get his keys out of his locked car, and did a few other odds and ends I would not have had time to do If they hadn't stacked my drilling rig this morning. I'm out of work until the price of oil recovers. Which means I should likely look for work. But then, in the process of assembling the care package, I ran into an old boss from 34 years ago who asked me If I was working and may have a job for me.
Sometimes we are the tools He uses for others' benefit, and often that benefits us.
Everything has purpose, and our trials help us grow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2599 on: March 20, 2020, 01:34:58 am »
I got sick 15 days ago. Started with a runny nose then got worse then went away after five days. Felt good for four days and for the last six I feel like crap. Not as bad today. I don't have the energy to panic over getting sick.

@bigheadfred

Keep pumping fluids through your body.  And keep an abundance of Vitamin-C in your system.  You got this.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-