Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2550 on: March 19, 2020, 10:28:35 pm »
(Pennsylvania) Gov. Wolf orders all non-life-sustaining businesses to close to slow spread of coronavirus

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Governor Tom Wolf has ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations by 8 p.m., Thursday, to slow the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19.

Enforcement against businesses that don't close physical locations will start on Saturday,March 21, at 12:01 a.m.

https://local21news.com/news/local/gov-wolf-orders-all-non-life-sustaining-businesses-to-close-to-slow-spread-of-covid-19

Full list:

https://www.scribd.com/document/452416026/20200319-Life-Sustaining-Business#fullscreen&from_embed

This was announced at 6PM so a 3 hours notice to those business that need to close.

**nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2551 on: March 19, 2020, 10:34:38 pm »
Just boarded a plane.  Nine passengers total.  And this is the busy flight.

The busiest airport in the world is almost deserted.  I feel safer here than at the grocery store.

@Hoodat
I went to my bank drive-thru to make a deposit today.  I thought the lines were long for mid afternoon, but I rarely go to my bank anymore so  :shrug:.  All the banks have closed their lobbies without an appointment.  A sign at the drive-thru said I could only withdraw $2,000 daily.  kinda spooky.  I filled out the form with a pen they thoughtfully included in the drive-thru cabbie.  It's the pen every car in front of me used since the last pen was stolen.  Then I deposited my germ infested money and started touching my face before realizing I had no Purell in my truck.

I sprayed myself with windex when I got home.

I'm not safe to be left by myself in my truck.

Offline DB

« Reply #2552 on: March 19, 2020, 10:34:49 pm »
In that case @DB it appears that one of us needs more lessons in reading comprehension.  Where is the line?  Can YOU or @musiclady tell me?

What is your life really worth if ANYONE or ANYTHING has this much power over it?

Really?

Offline DB

« Reply #2553 on: March 19, 2020, 10:36:15 pm »
@Hoodat
I went to my bank drive-thru to make a deposit today.  I thought the lines were long for mid afternoon, but I rarely go to my bank anymore so  :shrug:.  All the banks have closed their lobbies without an appointment.  A sign at the drive-thru said I could only withdraw $2,000 daily.  kinda spooky.  I filled out the form with a pen they thoughtfully included in the drive-thru cabbie.  It's the pen every car in front of me used since the last pen was stolen.  Then I deposited my germ infested money and started touching my face before realizing I had no Purell in my truck.

I sprayed myself with windex when I got home.

I'm not safe to be left by myself in my truck.

Well at least you got degreased...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:37:57 pm by DB »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2554 on: March 19, 2020, 10:37:23 pm »
(Pennsylvania) Gov. Wolf orders all non-life-sustaining businesses to close to slow spread of coronavirus

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Governor Tom Wolf has ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations by 8 p.m., Thursday, to slow the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19.

Enforcement against businesses that don't close physical locations will start on Saturday,March 21, at 12:01 a.m.

https://local21news.com/news/local/gov-wolf-orders-all-non-life-sustaining-businesses-to-close-to-slow-spread-of-covid-19

Full list:

https://www.scribd.com/document/452416026/20200319-Life-Sustaining-Business#fullscreen&from_embed

This was announced at 6PM so a 3 hours notice to those business that need to close.

**nononono*

Wolf isn't called Goobernor for nothing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2555 on: March 19, 2020, 10:38:16 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2556 on: March 19, 2020, 10:38:19 pm »
There's no guarantee that if we act differently in this crisis, trillions in dollars may be saved

There's no guarantee it will be worse either. Or better for that matter .

Ignoring the danger of doing nothing is potential as well.  It could really spread.

Besides many other threads on the coronavirus, in editorials, there is that "hold your nose" thread.

We are asked to sacrifice staying home, I'm not going to continue to repeat the same thing over and over.

Cost to save some lives? This does not seen to take into account that many under 50 are still needing ICUs, doctors and so on so the save some lives at losing trillions is not really what it is about or realistic, it is sort of a broken record.

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #2557 on: March 19, 2020, 10:39:47 pm »
Wolf isn't called Goobernor for nothing.

Did you look at the list?

One of the listed bussiness is employment services. There goes the job interview I had scheduled, unless we can do it via skype, waiting to hear.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2558 on: March 19, 2020, 10:42:10 pm »
For those in 'locked down' regions many food serving establishments are still open for pick up and they badly need our support.

If you have a chance do a good deed and order something to go. It may mean someone gets to keep their job.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2559 on: March 19, 2020, 10:42:43 pm »

One of the listed bushiness is employment services. There goes the job interview I had scheduled, unless we can do it via skype, waiting to hear.

I did.  This is getting ridiculous.  Hope you can proceed with the interview somehow.

« Reply #2560 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:45 pm »
200 US dead.  Over 50 dead today.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Who wants to tell me "so what?" and auto accidents?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:46:56 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2561 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:25 pm »
200 US dead.  Over 50 dead today.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Who wants to tell me so what?

According to your source 0% of active cases are critical.

Good news, no?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2562 on: March 19, 2020, 10:47:32 pm »
For those in 'locked down' regions many food serving establishments are still open for pick up and they badly need our support.

If you have a chance do a good deed and order something to go. It may mean someone gets to keep their job.

In an email today, a friend forwarded a Facebook post from her friend along those lines -- but with emphasis on small, local Mom and Pop restaurants and other businesses.   I'm going to be busy Saturday, so I will be getting delivery from the little Italian joint up the street (they make the best eggplant parmigiana).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2563 on: March 19, 2020, 10:48:47 pm »

Supporting local restaurants is very important in the coming weeks.  Some in our area are doing some creative advertising to make sure people know they’re open.

We plan to order out a couple of times this weekend even though we usually just eat at home.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2564 on: March 19, 2020, 10:50:53 pm »

One of the listed bussiness is employment services. There goes the job interview I had scheduled, unless we can do it via skype, waiting to hear.

Sounds like they’re doing everything wrong that Ohio is doing right.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2565 on: March 19, 2020, 10:54:50 pm »
Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed by this? And depressed?
I am depressed by the overwhelming negativism exhibited by some.

Uncertainty is fearful.  If you let fear control you, you will not remain healthy enough to fight a virus physically, mentally or spiritually.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #2566 on: March 19, 2020, 10:55:01 pm »

Good news, no?

"my source" lists 64 as serious or critical...the number has risen incremental every day.  What hasn't risen much is the number discharged or testing negative after a positive.

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #2567 on: March 19, 2020, 10:55:21 pm »

Good news, no?

It shows

Currently Infected Patients

13,364 (100%)
in Mild Condition

64 (0%)
Serious or Critical

So their %'s are wrong

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2568 on: March 19, 2020, 10:56:10 pm »
@musiclady @Applewood

I friggen LOVE Eggplant Parmagiana.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2569 on: March 19, 2020, 10:57:43 pm »
"my source" lists 64 as serious or critical...the number has risen incremental every day.  What hasn't risen much is the number discharged or testing negative after a positive.

So, not good news.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2570 on: March 19, 2020, 10:58:00 pm »
@musiclady @Applewood

Order some take out!

It's your patriotic duty!  :patriot:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2571 on: March 19, 2020, 10:58:39 pm »
It shows

13,364 (100%)
in Mild Condition

64 (0%)
Serious or Critical

So their %'s are wrong

You are right - the correct number of serious or critical is .0047%

« Reply #2572 on: March 19, 2020, 10:59:51 pm »
It shows

13,364 (100%)
in Mild Condition

64 (0%)
Serious or Critical

So their %'s are wrong
64 is 0% rounded for 0.47%

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2573 on: March 19, 2020, 11:02:34 pm »
@musiclady @Applewood

The best Italian cuisine comes from local restaurants, not chains like Olive Garden.  I'm not sure what Olive Garden serves, but it isn't Italian food -- at least not the way my Italian mother made it.

« Reply #2574 on: March 19, 2020, 11:02:43 pm »
I am depressed by the overwhelming negativism exhibited by some.

Uncertainty is fearful.  If you let fear control you, you will not remain healthy enough to fight a virus physically, mentally or spiritually.

Leroy Jenkins wasn't scared.