Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79644 times)

Online DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2450 on: March 19, 2020, 05:41:11 pm »
Troodat.  It also shrinks money when liquified.  If you get a chance, drop a dollar bill into a vat of very cold liquid ammonia.  Pretty cool.

That's interesting.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2451 on: March 19, 2020, 05:41:59 pm »
   Anhydrous Ammonia (used to make blueprints) is also a smell killer. I delivered that stuff to engineering firms all over Houston, as a teenager.

Don't you dare believe that!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2452 on: March 19, 2020, 05:42:15 pm »
Covid-19 in the US passed that two days ago.

40 deaths yesterday

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Scroll down to:
Daily New Deaths in the United States

That's right.

Also, at the same ABC link above  (not as good as your link) but it is talking of one ER Doctor exposed to the virus, let's hope we don't have much more of this, the link says there's potential many were exposed but we are suppose to have our voices shut down because we are being alarmist.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-live-updates-us-death-toll-surpasses-100/story?id=69636160

And doh, we are trying to avoid the worse, as said in the other thread, Taiwan tackled this effectively, one death, one hundred confirmed cases.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/taiwans-swift-response-to-virus-threat-allowed-it-to-contain-outbreak_3276691.html

I think as Ben Shapiro says, from this first emergency, we have got to hope, we graduate to the South Korea system or my own words, like Taiwan has done, only 80 miles from China, that said, I understand SK has gotten a few new cases in the past day....

But I think we are working towards a "working solution", people go back to work in the not-to-distant future with precautions taken.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2453 on: March 19, 2020, 05:43:35 pm »
17 hours ago, USA coronavirus death toll was 100

Your link is 38 hours old, not 17.  And it cites 110 deaths, not 100.

Just the facts.

lol
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2454 on: March 19, 2020, 05:45:47 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2455 on: March 19, 2020, 05:47:22 pm »
Your link is 38 hours old, not 17.  And it cites 110 deaths, not 100.

lol

Bing News Feed, 17 hours, see for yourself also:
https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZSBR&pc=MOZI&q=death+toll+usa+coronavirus

lol...

They update stories.

Ever hear of "LIVE UPDATING", it says that on that page.....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:49:06 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2456 on: March 19, 2020, 05:55:13 pm »
What day did Kansas' Governor shut down the schools? If it was only March 18th, that demonstrates the ABC link is being updated because it mentions that story:

Kansas governor orders schools to close for remainder of academic year
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2020/03/18/kansas-governor-orders-schools-to-close.html

Boy, there are important matters to be concerned with.  I won't go down this rabbit hole again.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2457 on: March 19, 2020, 06:02:15 pm »
That's right.

Also, at the same ABC link above  (not as good as your link) but it is talking of one ER Doctor exposed to the virus, let's hope we don't have much more of this, the link says there's potential many were exposed but we are suppose to have our voices shut down because we are being alarmist.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-live-updates-us-death-toll-surpasses-100/story?id=69636160

And doh, we are trying to avoid the worse, as said in the other thread, Taiwan tackled this effectively, one death, one hundred confirmed cases.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/taiwans-swift-response-to-virus-threat-allowed-it-to-contain-outbreak_3276691.html

I think as Ben Shapiro says, from this first emergency, we have got to hope, we graduate to the South Korea system or my own words, like Taiwan has done, only 80 miles from China, that said, I understand SK has gotten a few new cases in the past day....

But I think we are working towards a "working solution", people go back to work in the not-to-distant future with precautions taken.
The problem with the South Korean model is that their infection rate is starting to tick back up again. Not huge, but they were back over 100 this morning.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2460 on: March 19, 2020, 06:10:53 pm »
Covid-19 in the US passed that two days ago.

40 deaths yesterday

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Scroll down to:
Daily New Deaths in the United States
For the day, sure.
Using the average, since February 1 there have been 768 people die in the streets from automobile impacts. The updated number (average per day) is 17 https://www.nhtsa.gov/road-safety/pedestrian-safety
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2461 on: March 19, 2020, 06:14:32 pm »
Bing News Feed, 17 hours, see for yourself also:

lol...

They update stories.

Ever hear of "LIVE UPDATING", it says that on that page.....

This is the link that was in your post.  The date for that ABC was clearly marked as follows:

By Emily Shapiro, Jon Haworth, and Karma Allen     |     March 17, 2020, 11:06 PM

Again, that is your link.  The link you posted.  And in the very first sentence of that link, it clearly says 110 deaths.

Maybe if you took a moment to catch your breath and check your sources before posting false information about this crisis, you wouldn't make this same mistake.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2462 on: March 19, 2020, 06:21:03 pm »
What preexisting medical conditions were involved? How long did they delay getting medical care?

They went to a family reunion on March 10 and ended up dead by March 19.

This virus spreads fast, easily, and escalates quickly.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2463 on: March 19, 2020, 06:22:20 pm »
For the day, sure.
Using the average, since February 1 there have been 768 people die in the streets from automobile impacts. The updated number (average per day) is 17 https://www.nhtsa.gov/road-safety/pedestrian-safety

That is completely irrelevant to the discussion of what's going on with this dangerous virus as it escalates.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2464 on: March 19, 2020, 06:34:48 pm »
They went to a family reunion on March 10 and ended up dead by March 19.

This virus spreads fast, easily, and escalates quickly.
Family reunions...hugs, slobbery kisses from aunties, etc. Close quarters. Also genetic similarities within the group (family, related), including predispositions toward heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Lots of possibility for transmission of a hefty viral load to a group who may have been in the high risk category.
Yes, it is tragic.
Please look at the risk factors involved when considering mortality.
See:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says
Keep in mind that any factors which may enhance resistance may be similarly present in other groups.
It' may well be a case of genetic roulette, if not directly for resistance to the disease, then for the factors which contribute to mortality.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2465 on: March 19, 2020, 06:35:35 pm »
That is completely irrelevant to the discussion of what's going on with this dangerous virus as it escalates.
It is perspective. Perspective is always relevant.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2466 on: March 19, 2020, 06:35:37 pm »
I am way against most of what's going on, especially for the money being lost in business and printed by the government... I think media and government blew this up way out of proportion.

However, a few things done by this administration have been absolutely brilliant.

For instance: Plowing away red tape and liability issues, at least for masks, and maybe for more... N95 masks are available (35m) that could not be sold for medical purposes - only 10m medical masks were around- But now the industrial rated mask (same exact thing) can be sold into the medical system, instantly more than tripling availability and production

Excellent.

Also, plowing down red tape blocking first responders and medical personnel during emergencies...
Now those assets can work across state lines nationwide where they could not before...

Absolutely excellent.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2467 on: March 19, 2020, 06:38:03 pm »
To some here the stats are everything.  Almost like they are watching a baseball game.  These are real people with real families who have perished. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2468 on: March 19, 2020, 06:39:02 pm »

It puts it in perspective.  Because statistics show that crossing the street is more dangerous than this virus at the moment in time.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2469 on: March 19, 2020, 06:39:47 pm »
I am way against most of what's going on, especially for the money being lost in business and printed by the government... I think media and government blew this up way out of proportion.

However, a few things done by this administration have been absolutely brilliant.

For instance: Plowing away red tape and liability issues, at least for masks, and maybe for more... N95 masks are available (35m) that could not be sold for medical purposes - only 10m medical masks were around- But now the industrial rated mask (same exact thing) can be sold into the medical system, instantly more than tripling availability and production

Excellent.

Also, plowing down red tape blocking first responders and medical personnel during emergencies...
Now those assets can work across state lines nationwide where they could not before...

Absolutely excellent.
He has been very good at clearing a path through the cow pasture of bureaucracy.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2470 on: March 19, 2020, 06:40:15 pm »
To some here the stats are everything.  Almost like they are watching a baseball game.  These are real people with real families who have perished.

People who die crossing the street are also real people with real families who have perished.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2471 on: March 19, 2020, 06:40:37 pm »
So were the ones who died crossing the street.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2472 on: March 19, 2020, 06:41:00 pm »

This is the link that was in your post.  The date for that ABC was clearly marked as follows:

By Emily Shapiro, Jon Haworth, and Karma Allen     |     March 17, 2020, 11:06 PM

Again, that is your link.  The link you posted.  And in the very first sentence of that link, it clearly says 110 deaths.

Maybe if you took a moment to catch your breath and check your sources before posting false information about this crisis, you wouldn't make this same mistake.

I said I got it off bing, you are quibbling on information and making accusations at others.:

It's still up there, 17 hours ago. Bing says that. Nothing you say is proving so.

Big deal going to the link, they update information, what you say is not being proven so.

US coronavirus death toll surpasses 100; Kevin Durant tests positive
States are shutting down restaurants, bars, gyms and schools to try to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus, which has ...
ABC   18h

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=death+toll+usa+coronavirus&FORM=HDRSC6

Again, please cease the insults, this is news aggregation.... and if it went from 110 to 154, the number is bigger now.

If one is questioning bing, so be it. But please spare me the personal attacks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:51:20 pm by TomSea »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2473 on: March 19, 2020, 06:42:09 pm »

That's not right or fair.

One cannot serve the aggregate on the basis of the increment.
And this IS a statistical game.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2474 on: March 19, 2020, 06:44:33 pm »
By the way, per this:   https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Deaths are now at 171; so that is indeed, a decided increase from 154 just an hour or so ago... so, the information is very fluid.

By the way, someone posted the "surpasses 100 deaths" story, this is just for arguing, I guess, if one is just looking to insult another, we can all probably do that with their posts.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 06:50:37 pm by TomSea »