Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79667 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2375 on: March 19, 2020, 10:38:40 am »
Do all ya'll think something like this should be posted here and politics, or just politics?

Marsha Blackburn, TN
James Inhofe, OK
Ron Johnson, WI
James Lankford, OK
Mike Lee, UT
Rand Paul, KY
Ben Sasse, NE
Tim Scott, NC

They voted AGAINST the Coronavirus Relief Package.

Info was posted in this other thread in politics some hours ago: @Once-Ler

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395351.0.html

Doesn't hurt to post it again, not everyone may have seen it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:39:48 am by TomSea »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2376 on: March 19, 2020, 10:47:56 am »
Evidently several stores, including local grocery stores, have set aside special hours for seniors to shop to help reduce exposure to the virus.  Our local TV station mentioned it this morning.. I guess you could check your local news outlets for info if you need it.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2377 on: March 19, 2020, 11:12:45 am »
Americans rehanging Christmas lights to light darkness of coronavirus
Across the country, Americans are literally shining a light amid the darkness of the coronavirus pandemic.

Nearly three months after Christmas, people practicing social distancing at home are putting their lights back up to help lift everyone’s spirits as the country fights through the crisis.
“What if we all put our Christmas lights back up?” Lane Grindle, a play-by-play broadcaster for the Milwaukee Brewers, tweeted Sunday. “Then we could get in the car and drive around and look at them. That seems like a fair social distancing activity.”

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/americans-rehanging-christmas-lights-to-light-darkness-of-coronavirus

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2378 on: March 19, 2020, 11:28:25 am »
One of the infected people in Ohio is a 2 year old.

NOBODY should think this is only a virus that hurts us old people.

Stay home.

Just stay home!

I’m out of milk and ice cream.  I only got a quart of each... in hindsight I should have gotten a gallon of each.

I’m sad but I’m staying put. I will in the next couple of days go out and start my car. I don’t want a dead battery.

I turned off the news last night and the dang virus was in my nightmares.   I slept like poop. Even my Teddy Bear couldn’t help on this one.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2379 on: March 19, 2020, 11:30:39 am »

In memorandum of me ever saying that 'We Need to Flatten the Curve'.

I’m glad my old friend @corbe is back! Hurray! And it’s the first day of Spring! Hip Hip Hurray!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2380 on: March 19, 2020, 12:26:13 pm »

That's funny.
In some parts of my area of Texas, they never take down the Christmas lights to begin with.
 :cool:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:26:59 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2381 on: March 19, 2020, 12:37:11 pm »
That's funny.
In some parts of my area of Texas, they never take down the Christmas lights to begin with.
Yea, my uncle, Arkansas, would put xmas lights on the house when he bought it and replace them when they rotted off the side of the house... lol

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2382 on: March 19, 2020, 12:46:50 pm »

What do you mean put them back up?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2383 on: March 19, 2020, 12:57:06 pm »
Do all ya'll think something like this should be posted here and politics, or just politics?

Marsha Blackburn, TN
James Inhofe, OK
Ron Johnson, WI
James Lankford, OK
Mike Lee, UT
Rand Paul, KY
Ben Sasse, NE
Tim Scott, NC

They voted AGAINST the Coronavirus Relief Package.

No.  They voted AGAINST the 'Destroy Small Business' Package.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2384 on: March 19, 2020, 01:07:14 pm »

What a bunch of RINOS.
 :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2385 on: March 19, 2020, 01:08:19 pm »
That's funny.

They're hard wired. All I gotta do is flip a switch.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2386 on: March 19, 2020, 01:56:20 pm »
Italy has a history of having worse health issues in situations like this.

Investigating the impact of influenza on excess mortality in all ages in Italy during recent seasons (2013/14–2016/17 seasons)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971219303285
And Italy had direct flights from Wuhan to Italy to speed up the virus transmission.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/how_did_italy_become_the_new_ground_zero_of_coronavirus.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2387 on: March 19, 2020, 02:09:53 pm »
Info was posted in this other thread in politics some hours ago: @Once-Ler

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,395351.0.html

Doesn't hurt to post it again, not everyone may have seen it.

I wish MY "reps" had voted against that trash as well but, of course, they did not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2388 on: March 19, 2020, 02:10:10 pm »
Trends still heading in wrong direction.  We need to see more reported recoveries.  Not sure how long health officials are waiting before labeling someone as 'recovered'.

Worldwide:

Recovery:Death ratio = 9.20 ↓
Case:Recovery ratio = 2.67 ↑

Hubei:

Recovery:Death ratio = 21.70 ↑
Case:Recovery ratio = 1.15 ↓
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2389 on: March 19, 2020, 02:14:46 pm »
New Study Suggests Digestive Issues Can Be First Sign of COVID-19
Renee Fabian
March 18, 2020, 5:25 PM EDT

A new study published in The American Journal of Gastroenterology reports that some people who get the coronavirus will experience digestive symptoms like diarrhea as a first sign of the virus.

COVID-19 is a new-to-humans coronavirus that primarily attacks the lungs and respiratory system. Its primary symptoms include fever, cough, shortness or breath and, if the infection worsens, chest pain, pneumonia and difficulty breathing. As medicals experts around the world race to learn new information, however, the list of the symptoms expands.

The new study published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology looked at data from 204 patients with COVID-19 in China’s Hubei province. Researchers found that 48.5% of these patients arrived at the hospital with digestive symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain. The study suggested digestive symptoms may present before the respiratory symptoms of COVID-19. Those with digestive symptoms included in this study also had a more severe course of illness. ...  More
This is the first I've heard of any gastrointestinal connection. Everything I've read says the main symptoms are dry cough and fever. Less frequent symptoms include sore throat, shortess of breath, headache, body aches and exhaustion. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:45:27 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2390 on: March 19, 2020, 02:26:43 pm »
I’m also seeing now people who had bariatric surgery are high risk as well.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2391 on: March 19, 2020, 02:38:17 pm »
What do you mean put them back up?

Well done!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2392 on: March 19, 2020, 02:44:20 pm »
Well done!

LOL! Maybe so... But it's TRUE.
 :beer:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2393 on: March 19, 2020, 03:07:15 pm »

With 20 Percent Unemployment a Possibility, the Government Must Consider Immigration Cuts

By Preston Huennekens   March 19, 2020

The White House announced that as we cope with the devastating impact of the COVID-19 pandemic Americans should prepare for a scenario in which the country’s unemployment rate reaches 20 percent. The United States has not seen an unemployment rate that high since the Great Depression, when unemployment approached 25 percent in 1933. Before the coronavirus, unemployment hovered at 3.5 percent in February, one of the lowest rates in recent history.

One does not need to be an economist to understand what would happen if unemployment reached 20 percent in this country. The unemployment rate measures the number of people out of work in the last 30 days who continued to actively seek a job. An unemployment rate of 20 percent would reverberate throughout the economy in ways most American adults have not experienced. Even in the Great Recession of the late 2000s, unemployment only reached 10 percent in October 2009.

See more at:  https://www.immigrationreform.com/2020/03/19/guest-workers-economy-recession-immigrationreform-com/

Please note, per article, the White House itself asserted this.

Leaked McDonalds recording shows the company is fighting against parts of Trump's coronavirus bill that would give workers paid sick leave

McDonald's is lobbying the Trump administration to make changes to a bill that would require some employers to provide paid sick leave amid the coronavirus outbreak, executives said on an internal call on Monday, a recording of which was obtained by Business Insider.

McDonald's leadership spoke with President Donald Trump on Tuesday morning. On Monday, they discussed concerns about how the bill would affect franchisees' finances with members of the Trump administration, including Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

"McDonald's supports the bill that would provide sick leave support to employees impacted by Coronavirus, and in fact, McDonald's and many of its franchise owners have already committed to offer those same benefits to potentially diagnosed employees," a McDonald's representative told Business Insider.

More: https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-pushes-back-against-aspects-coronavirus-sick-leave-bill-2020-3

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2394 on: March 19, 2020, 03:15:34 pm »
McDonald's annual/quarterly gross profit history and growth rate from 2006 to 2019. Gross profit can be defined as the profit a company makes after deducting the variable costs directly associated with making and selling its products or providing its services.
  • McDonald's gross profit for the quarter ending December 31, 2019 was $2.846B, a 5.54% increase year-over-year.
  • McDonald's gross profit for the twelve months ending December 31, 2019 was $11.115B, a 3.05% increase year-over-year.
  • McDonald's annual gross profit for 2019 was $11.115B, a 3.05% increase from 2018.
  • McDonald's annual gross profit for 2018 was $10.786B, a 1.56% increase from 2017.
  • McDonald's annual gross profit for 2017 was $10.621B, a 4.08% increase from 2016.
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/MCD/mcdonalds/gross-profit

This is precisely why the left gains so much traction with their "hate" big business speals.... It is time for these companies to step up and help out...

Offline thackney

« Reply #2395 on: March 19, 2020, 03:20:16 pm »

This is precisely why the left gains so much traction with their "hate" big business speals.... It is time for these companies to step up and help out...

Much of these big business owners are us, stock holders with our 401ks.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2396 on: March 19, 2020, 03:22:01 pm »
McDonald's just announced drive-through food ONLY, hey, I myself do like one of their burgers from time to time but with the current mood of the nation, I might pass on going to the ritziest five star restaurant around. There are real problems now.

Also, one of the convenience store chains in our area just put up this sign in the window the other day, "No personal cups, No Hot Beverages" ... for the time being....  the personal cups must be being able to get a free cup to put say, some water in, the "no hot beverages", does that mean no coffee? It sounds like it.

I haven't heard guidance on food procedures right now but I can imagine, apparently, some countries are closing pubs and restaurants.

That's not panic mode, with some past sickness, ills, germs, I remember them saying, if one were to eat something that an infected person prepared, the stomach acids would kill the germs anyway. Just saying.

Turbulent waters unfortunately.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 03:24:58 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2397 on: March 19, 2020, 03:37:51 pm »
Yep. I guess the question is whether you see them as boogeymen or the list as an Honor Roll.

What there has been shut down more than a week or two and the harping is to go further in debt to bail them out?

Many of those of us who pick up the tab for this won't get a dime and are in similar straits.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2398 on: March 19, 2020, 03:43:39 pm »
This is the first I've heard of any gastrointestinal connection. Everything I've read says the main symptoms are dry cough and fever. Less frequent symptoms include sore throat, shortess of breath, headache, body aches and exhaustion.

I think this illuminates the fact that the only risk of death from the virus are those people with pre-existing health issues. In other words, healthy, normal people don’t die from contracting and suffering through a bout of corona, unless they are compromised.

But, that’s not what the press is selling. They want maximum panic for their bottom line and to help them destroy or damage the object of their extreme emotional distress, Donald Trump and his re-election.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2399 on: March 19, 2020, 03:44:42 pm »
I think this illuminates the fact that the only risk of death from the virus are those people with pre-existing health issues. In other words, healthy, normal people don’t die from contracting and suffering through a bout of corona, unless they are compromised.

But, that’s not what the press is selling. They want maximum panic for their bottom line and to help them destroy or damage the object of their extreme emotional distress, Donald Trump and his re-election.

Can you provide a link for that claim?  Not just a worse risk but any risk at all?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer