Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79641 times)

Online corbe

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2325 on: March 18, 2020, 06:00:58 pm »
   Strange times indeed, @roamer_1 I can still remember when you use to cough to cover a fart, now it's the opposite.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2326 on: March 18, 2020, 06:05:17 pm »
US coronavirus coordinator: Number of COVID-19 cases will 'dramatically increase' in next few days
by Zachary Halaschak
March 18, 2020 01:22 PM

A top doctor assisting the U.S. response to the coronavirus pandemic said there will be a large spike in confirmed coronavirus cases in the next few days as testing becomes more readily available.

Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, discussed “the curve” during Wednesday's briefing, referring to the number of confirmed cases as they would appear on a graph.

She also warned against panicking about the dramatic increase, noting the curve will stabilize after an initial influx of cases resulting from the increased testing rates.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/us-coronavirus-coordinator-number-of-covid-19-cases-will-dramatically-increase-in-next-few-days
The spike in confirmed cases will be an artifact of testing, not a measure of increased cases (the people infected were infected, it's just that once confirmed, they will suddenly be counted).
Despite knowing that the more who are tested, the more confirmed cases there will be, watch the MSM use that spike in confirmed cases (because they were tested and confirmed) be used against the Administration, and as cause to use even more draconian measures to "halt the spread" of the virus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2327 on: March 18, 2020, 06:05:55 pm »
   Strange times indeed, @roamer_1 I can still remember when you use to cough to cover a fart, now it's the opposite.

LOL! That's right!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 07:18:17 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2328 on: March 18, 2020, 06:06:08 pm »
Where we stand compared to the rest of the world, deaths from covid-19 per capita—still, at this point, measuring up very well so far:

Source:

https://twitter.com/NYHammond/status/1240332204204589057
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2329 on: March 18, 2020, 06:17:42 pm »

lol

Offline DB

« Reply #2330 on: March 18, 2020, 06:20:09 pm »

Upside down world...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2331 on: March 18, 2020, 06:23:49 pm »
The spike in confirmed cases will be an artifact of testing, not a measure of increased cases (the people infected were infected, it's just that once confirmed, they will suddenly be counted).
Despite knowing that the more who are tested, the more confirmed cases there will be, watch the MSM use that spike in confirmed cases (because they were tested and confirmed) be used against the Administration, and as cause to use even more draconian measures to "halt the spread" of the virus.
The last major mass gatherings in the United States, where these spread the most, were the weekend of March 7 and 8. By tomorrow, 99% of cases that were caught in mass gatherings will have manifested themselves—half would have shown symptoms a few days ago. New cases should begin to level off once testing is caught up. Most people are going along with social distancing so new infections at this point SHOULD be slowing down... it's the lag in testing that's going to make it look like a continuing crisis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2332 on: March 18, 2020, 06:29:53 pm »
Foreign Disinformation Campaign Stoking Virus Fears: Report
By Bowen Xiao

A foreign disinformation campaign aimed to sow fear in the United States over the novel coronavirus is currently underway, according to a new report.

Three unnamed U.S. officials told The Associated Press that they began confronting on March 15 what they called a “deliberate effort by a foreign entity” to ignite fears of a nationwide quarantine. Federal agencies, such as the National Security Council, addressed such claims on March 15, saying they were false.

“Text message rumors of a national #quarantine are FAKE,” the council stated on its official Twitter account on March 15. “There is no national lockdown. @CDCgovhas and will continue to post the latest guidance on #COVID19.”

More:  https://www.theepochtimes.com/foreign-disinformation-campaign-stoking-virus-fears-report_3274374.html

Other, Governor Abbot just talked, everything he said...77 year old man in a care home is Texas' 2nd death.

« Reply #2333 on: March 18, 2020, 06:32:53 pm »

I'd be shocked and even a little disappointed if they didn't.  Thank goodness President Trump finally pointed out to all of us that the media is dishonest.  Now we can finally recognize the tricks in their play book.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2334 on: March 18, 2020, 06:34:24 pm »
World Health Organization Recommends Against Ibuprofen for Treating COVID-19
https://www.theepochtimes.com/world-health-organization-recommends-against-ibuprofen-for-treating-covid-19_3276450.html

Reiterating, we already had this posted some but this appears to be "official"..... but one probably has to be infected first.

« Reply #2335 on: March 18, 2020, 06:35:24 pm »
Three unnamed U.S. officials told The Associated Press that they began confronting on March 15 what they called a “deliberate effort by a foreign entity” to ignite fears of a nationwide quarantine.

It could be the Ukrainians again. /sarc

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2336 on: March 18, 2020, 06:43:15 pm »
@Once-Ler

Hope your following   Jali cat's twitter. 

Mindy Robinson another account to follow, @corbe  .... She's running for office in Nevada, she really is glamorous, however it's defined,

Melissa A another account.

Some I wonder if they are paid but some probably do this on their own and some like Mindy above, are probably just strong Republicans or MAGA supporters.

ReneeCarrollAZ actually, I find this account probably the best of the four and she's real pro-life... and is probably not as "gorgeous" as far as these others go but still fine.

I kind of wonder.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:45:15 pm by TomSea »

Online corbe

« Reply #2337 on: March 18, 2020, 06:52:04 pm »
   I'd have to get over my fear of twitter first.  Besides I've got a VPN in Italy right now where all the 'high quality' p0rn is free.   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2339 on: March 18, 2020, 06:59:12 pm »
@Once-Ler

Hope your following   Jali cat's twitter. 

Mindy Robinson another account to follow, @corbe  .... She's running for office in Nevada, she really is glamorous, however it's defined,

Melissa A another account.

Some I wonder if they are paid but some probably do this on their own and some like Mindy above, are probably just strong Republicans or MAGA supporters.

ReneeCarrollAZ actually, I find this account probably the best of the four and she's real pro-life... and is probably not as "gorgeous" as far as these others go but still fine.

I kind of wonder.

@TomSea There is no shortage of good people on twitter who really love President Trump.

I prefer my MAGA with more sarcasm like
https://twitter.com/BrentTerhune
https://twitter.com/TrumpVoterWTF
https://twitter.com/TWIT_ANTHONY
https://twitter.com/walterowensgrpa

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2340 on: March 18, 2020, 06:59:47 pm »
The last major mass gatherings in the United States, where these spread the most, were the weekend of March 7 and 8. By tomorrow, 99% of cases that were caught in mass gatherings will have manifested themselves—half would have shown symptoms a few days ago. New cases should begin to level off once testing is caught up. Most people are going along with social distancing so new infections at this point SHOULD be slowing down... it's the lag in testing that's going to make it look like a continuing crisis.

Good points, except the kids in college didn't get the memo.  Spring Break at Texas Beaches is booming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2341 on: March 18, 2020, 07:01:38 pm »
Yes, anyone saying "abortion", I agree, that is actually the leading cause of death in the USA.

COVID-19 pandemic: How the virus stacks up to the nation's leading causes of death

1. Heart disease

This perennially tops the list of the 10 leading causes of death in the U.S., as it did again in 2018. Cardiovascular diseases claimed 655,381 lives nationwide last year, or about 1,796 per day.

2. Cancer

3. Accidents

4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases

5. Stroke

See rest of list at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/18/covid-19-pandemic-how-the-virus-stacks-up-to-the-n/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push
Pollak “Truckers Are Keeping American Supply Chains and Americans Alive”
https://newsthud.com/pollak-truckers-are-keeping-american-supply-chains-and-americans-alive/

Just like I said, their importance can not be understated.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2342 on: March 18, 2020, 07:03:28 pm »
Where we stand compared to the rest of the world, deaths from covid-19 per capita—still, at this point, measuring up very well so far:

Source:

https://twitter.com/NYHammond/status/1240332204204589057

??? Number of U.S. deaths is at 112.  So far ... yes ... peak is not due to hit for another 45 days.

FL now has over 300 corona cases ... cases are now almost doubling every 2.5 days.  Our temps are supposed to reach 90 tomorrow - so warmer temps don't seem to be making any difference.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2343 on: March 18, 2020, 07:06:36 pm »
Kids in my little corner of Texas didn't get the memo either.  The theaters are packed...kids at the mall...  They act like this won't affect them. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2344 on: March 18, 2020, 07:06:36 pm »
Good points, except the kids in college didn't get the memo.  Spring Break at Texas Beaches is booming.

There is no end to 'didn't get the memo'... The streets around here are not bare and empty... Rather it is as busy as any other day.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2345 on: March 18, 2020, 07:08:59 pm »
There is no end to 'didn't get the memo'... The streets around here are not bare and empty... Rather it is as busy as any other day.
I wonder is this isolation means I don't have to mow the grass this weekend.

« Reply #2346 on: March 18, 2020, 07:09:12 pm »
   I'd have to get over my fear of twitter first.  Besides I've got a VPN in Italy right now where all the 'high quality' p0rn is free.   :shrug:
Totally jealous. I love 888cryingkitty

HINT:  Two words.  First word is wet.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2347 on: March 18, 2020, 07:14:19 pm »

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (normally ~2.5 million attending over a couple weeks) was shut down on March 11.  It had been running for over a week before abruptly shutdown (less than 1 day notice).

We are having a few cases suspected from the first day of the cook-off where someone known to be infected had attended.  I believe not know infected until afterwards.  He had traveled out of country prior.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2348 on: March 18, 2020, 07:16:01 pm »
I wonder is this isolation means I don't have to mow the grass this weekend.

Life does go on...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2349 on: March 18, 2020, 07:20:02 pm »

Exactly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-