Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79645 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #2250 on: March 18, 2020, 12:46:22 pm »
I'd recommend everyone read this:

WSJ: Lessons From Italy’s Hospital Meltdown. ‘Every Day You Lose, the Contagion Gets Worse.’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/every-day-you-lose-the-contagion-gets-worse-lessons-from-italys-hospital-meltdown-11584455470

Italy's and Iran's mortality numbers are not good at all.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2251 on: March 18, 2020, 12:47:22 pm »
Over-reaction does indeed kill people, especially those with scientifically-proven medical emergencies that cannot be treated as resources are diverted to covering a virus that has scientifically been found to have less chances of killing you.

My best estimate is also that over-reaction has wiped our $5-10 T in the past week in country's wealth.  (some blame goes to the Oil war).

This is a serious matter, but sadly "bat shit crazy" has replaced "common sense" on a massive scale.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2252 on: March 18, 2020, 12:58:48 pm »
My best estimate is also that over-reaction has wiped our $5-10 T in the past week in country's wealth.  (some blame goes to the Oil war).

This is a serious matter, but sadly "bat shit crazy" has replaced "common sense" on a massive scale.

Ain't no sense in sayin it... Nobody's listening.
 ***hair on fire

But you're right all the same.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2253 on: March 18, 2020, 01:04:07 pm »
US Chamber of Commerce opposing proposal to encourage domestic medical manufacturing.

Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
I believe in capitalism 100% because the market always reaches the most efficient outcome.

BUT in those instances when the most efficient outcome is in conflict with our security,like making all our medicine in #China,we have to act.

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
18h
Providing cash to small businesses now is the surest tool we have to prevent a prolonged economic downturn.

My plan increases the cap on small-business disaster loans from $2 million to $20 million and grants low-interest loans to businesses immediately.
Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
·
1h
Those arguing that @potus
 & GOP has abandoned their commitment to free market principles in favor of “bailouts” are missing a key point.

#COVID19 is a national emergency and government edicts have prohibited significant sectors of the free market economy from operating.
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
21h
We don't have to reinvent the wheel to get cash into the hands of American workers who need it.

We should leverage existing systems—like unemployment insurance—to provide direct assistance to families across the country.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2254 on: March 18, 2020, 01:05:10 pm »
Normally I wouldn’t bother posting this here because it’s kinda local. I decided to post when I saw who the author and photographer is.

Thomas E. Franklin is Assistant Professor in Multiplatform Journalism at Montclair State University. With 30 years' experience in the newspaper business, he is perhaps best known for his iconic flag-raising photograph taken at Ground Zero on 9/11.

Pictures say a thousand words.

https://www.njspotlight.com/2020/03/freeze-frame-a-day-in-the-life-of-new-jersey-amid-the-pandemic/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2255 on: March 18, 2020, 01:06:29 pm »
US Chamber of Commerce opposing proposal to encourage domestic medical manufacturing.

These bast*rds need to be completely stripped of any influence. They are our enemy.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2256 on: March 18, 2020, 01:10:01 pm »
This video is all over twitter.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f4J07tGTo0

The Bulwark has created there own video of President Trump's distortions and minimizing of danger.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfPk1HIBLfM

You probably don't need to watch it as these are the same clips the democrats will be running wall to wall in their election ads this fall.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2257 on: March 18, 2020, 01:15:02 pm »
Italy's and Iran's mortality numbers are not good at all.

I do not trust numbers out of Iran.  I suspect it is far more widely infected than reported.

But Italy is very concerning.  For a few days, they have been selecting who gets the next available ventilator based upon age, likelihood of survival, etc.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2258 on: March 18, 2020, 01:15:18 pm »
These bast*rds need to be completely stripped of any influence. They are our enemy.

Didn't realize it, but the Chamber of Commerce has been the largest lobby in U.S. at least the past 15 consecutive years.  It could be more, but that is as far back data that I could find.

Of course they are funded by larger retail, who do not want to lose market share to upstarts.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:34:11 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2259 on: March 18, 2020, 01:18:28 pm »
Didn't realize it, but the Chamber of Commerce has been the largest lobby in U.S. at least the past 15 consecutive years.  It could be more, but that is as far back data that I could find.

Of course they are funded by larger retail, who do not want to lose market shares to upstarts.

Any body whose sole interest is the bottom line should not be allowed to dictate American economic and, basically, foreign policy.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2260 on: March 18, 2020, 01:36:32 pm »
Not to sound like I am wearing a tin foil hat, but...............

......was Operation Jade Helm a prelude to this?

Did the FedGov know this was coming as far back as 2016?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2261 on: March 18, 2020, 01:41:31 pm »
There must be some obscure reference in that @Bigun , but I do not know what it is...  :shrug:

But yeah... If there is schnapps, there will not be me.  happy77

@roamer_1

My old Army buddy (Dave Throlson now deceased) is from Devils Lake. 54 years ago, his family pretty much owned the place and farmed 37 sections in the area.  I was up there back then and there was a group of old men who, in the winter, spent their days sitting by the wood or coal-burning stove in the back of the feed store drinking peppermint schnapps and playing pinochle to pass the time. God help you if you got in a game and played the wrong card! They made a lasting impression on me. Crotchety bunch of old Swedes and Germans with a ton of wisdom. I'm sure they are all gone now.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2262 on: March 18, 2020, 01:46:28 pm »

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #2263 on: March 18, 2020, 01:48:26 pm »
The Bulwark has created there own video of President Trump's distortions and minimizing of danger.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfPk1HIBLfM

You probably don't need to watch it as these are the same clips the democrats will be running wall to wall in their election ads this fall.

Keep 'em coming! :silly: :rolling:

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2264 on: March 18, 2020, 01:51:08 pm »
@roamer_1

My old Army buddy (Dave Throlson now deceased) is from Devils Lake. 54 years ago, his family pretty much owned the place and farmed 37 sections in the area.  I was up there back then and there was a group of old men who, in the winter, spent their days sitting by the wood or coal-burning stove in the back of the feed store drinking peppermint schnapps and playing pinochle to pass the time. God help you if you got in a game and played the wrong card! They made a lasting impression on me. Crotchety bunch of old Swedes and Germans with a ton of wisdom. I'm sure they are all gone now.

@Bigun
 :beer:

I have seen many similar,  and good on ya...
My favorite would be an ol general store with a pot bellied stove and an actual cracker barrel...
The duffers played cribbage on the porch in the summer, and moved it inside by the stove in the winter. But no shnapps. Mostly sweet tea, but if someone had it, a nip of the corn would not go wanting.
 888high58888

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2265 on: March 18, 2020, 01:52:24 pm »
Keep 'em coming! :silly: :rolling:

Absolutely. No better way to build membership on a right leaning news forum than to post rat campaign ads.

« Reply #2266 on: March 18, 2020, 02:10:38 pm »
Not to sound like I am wearing a tin foil hat, but...............

......was Operation Jade Helm a prelude to this?

Did the FedGov know this was coming as far back as 2016?

If you just tin foil the whole house you don't need a hat. 

Operation Jade Helm  :silly:  I had forgotten about that.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #2267 on: March 18, 2020, 02:15:48 pm »
Absolutely. No better way to build membership on a right leaning news forum than to post rat campaign ads.

My bad.
What I meant to write was "Fake News." "Democrat Hoax." "Trump-never-said-that-and-if-he-said-it-that's-not-what-he-meant."
No one should expect the President of the United States to own his words or be judicious in his statements. That is an unrealistic standard.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

« Reply #2268 on: March 18, 2020, 02:16:57 pm »
Charlie Sykes and Bill Kristol of the Bulwark were republicans not that long ago.  I doubt they will vote for a democrat more than once this election.  The great news is a lot of the clips where President Trump denies the danger and distorts the figures are from Fox  :yowsa:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2269 on: March 18, 2020, 02:18:20 pm »
Local health facilities where I live are anticipating the peak to be in three weeks.
https://www.facebook.com/MayorMcDonald2020/posts/147795390043580

(Keep in mind this is an area that has no confirmed cases yet, though a handful are in self-isolation as a precaution. Apparently they are optimistic these lockdown/shutdown measures are working.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2270 on: March 18, 2020, 02:19:12 pm »
My bad.
What I meant to write was "Fake News." "Democrat Hoax." "Trump-never-said-that-and-if-he-said-it-that's-not-what-he-meant."
No one should expect the President of the United States to own his words or be judicious in his statements. That is an unrealistic standard.

You're right. Bill Kristol would never take Trump out of context. Lets get our 'facts' from him.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:21:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #2271 on: March 18, 2020, 02:27:09 pm »
You're right. Bill Kristol would never take Trump out of context. Lets get our 'facts' from him.

"Trump-never-said-that-and-if-he-said-it-that's-not-what-he-meant."

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2272 on: March 18, 2020, 02:33:22 pm »
Good source of info:  https://ncov2019.live/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2273 on: March 18, 2020, 02:41:59 pm »
Recovered-to-Deceased ratio:

Worldwide:  10.02 
China:          21.50

Cases-to-recoveries ratio:

Worldwide:  2.48
China:          1.16
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2274 on: March 18, 2020, 02:57:55 pm »
86% of people with coronavirus are walking around undetected, study says

Jackie Salo     |     March 17, 2020     |     10:15am

“Stealth” coronavirus cases are fueling the pandemic, with a staggering 86% of people infected walking around undetected, a new study says.

Six of every seven cases – 86% — were not reported in China before travel restrictions were implemented, driving the spread of the virus, according to a study Monday in the journal Science.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/86-of-people-with-coronavirus-are-walking-around-undetected-study-says/

Two things to take away from this.  First, for every known case based on symptoms (and subsequent testing), there are six other cases of infection without symptoms.  Which means that in a country without widespread testing (such as the US), the number of infected is much larger than reported (as is the probability of transmission).  But on the flip side, it means that the death rate is far lower than is being reported.

In areas that are performing more testing (e.g. Hong Kong, Germany, etc.), reported fatality rates should be much lower.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-